• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Frye on this team?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so drunk right now that jahii actually makes sense. Coyotes buck night: making jahii's post readable since 2012.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Frye and I cannot explain in.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Frye too, but I have no good logic for why he's on the team. It's early, but so far, he's been pretty awful. He just doesn't fit in with this team. He has to stop shooting the 3-ball if he's going to hit them at 25% a clip. We don't need a 7-foot center out there launching the trey on this team.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Frye too, but I have no good logic for why he's on the team. It's early, but so far, he's been pretty awful. He just doesn't fit in with this team. He has to stop shooting the 3-ball if he's going to hit them at 25% a clip. We don't need a 7-foot center out there launching the trey on this team.

Conceptually, Frye fits what the Suns want to do on the court (spread the floor for the high pick-and-roll, run the pick-and-pop with a big man, keep the opposing defense wide in transition or make it pay for collapsing). Plus, Frye knows how to play and he helps the offense flow (for his career, he has posted two more assists than turnovers, good for a power forward/center). His role is to shoot threes; that's his game and that's the nature of the contemporary NBA, with all these 'stretch fours' and 'stretch fives' keeping the court widely spaced for the guards. Indeed, the league has changed quite a bit since Mark West was playing.

That said, Frye would be much more valuable if he returned to his level from 2010 and 2011, when he combined to shoot .413 on threes. Since then, he's become about a 35 percent three-point shooter, which renders him just another expendable 'stretch four,' especially given Mc. Morris' emergent three-point efficiency.