• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do some guys have 3 college teams listed as favorites?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Troy University and the University of Alabama, and I'm now a booster for CSU-Pueblo. First and foremost, I consider myself a Bama fan.

To me, attending a school being an intrinsic necessity for fandom is fascist and classist as hell. I'm ashamed it even comes up in relation to CFB. Fact is, any big time program makes more off merchandize and ticket sales to fans who didn't attend than ones that did. So, while a certain segment wants to stick their nose in the air, they're still benefitting from the support of the less than blue-bloods they act like snobs about.

And if you disagree with me, I'll drop my balls in your mouth and you can gargle out your retort.

Roll Tide!

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less if someone attends or not.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below your avatar you can show the logos of your 3 favorite teams. Why show 3 different colleges? It's kinda lame. I fully expect it from Team SEC. My loyalty at this level is 100% for Ohio State and no other.

I have 3 kids that have gone to 3 different schools. I follow all of the teams. Especially when it comes to basketball, we are clearly a house divided, as you can see. :doh:

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 kids that have gone to 3 different schools. I follow all of the teams. Especially when it comes to basketball, we are clearly a house divided, as you can see. :doh:

The daughter and SiL are UGA grads. I weary of them sending me sympathy cards after the Dawgs defeat the Vols in any sport. I hope they grow out of it before their own kids attend somewhere other than their alma mater.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good question is why do people root for Colleges that they have zero connection too?
Well - at least you didn't end that sentence with a preposition, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

I do, however, find it ironic that a person can question others affiliations to colleges by constructing a sentence posing that question that would seem to indicate having never passed a college-level English course.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - at least you didn't end that sentence with a preposition, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

I do, however, find it ironic that a person can question others affiliations to colleges by constructing a sentence posing that question that would seem to indicate having never passed a college-level English course.

You get punched in that perty mouth of yours a lot, don'tcha?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need an apostrophe here, it's plural possessive.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this now, a fucking grammar rodeo???

Oregon State cause I lick beaver!!