• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Hunting Tomorrow??

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been down there since 2017. PM me with any questions and I’ll give ya a honest answer……unless it’s my honey hole
Appreciate the offer man! I'm planning on making a couple scouting trips up there in August to get the lay of the land. Not really the type that wants or asks for hunting tips unless I'm choppin it up with the good ol' boys at the local watering holes. I'd rather earn it sotospeak by putting in the work to figure out how I want to hunt the area. Fortunately the area is only 1.5-2hrs from my house so I can easily repeat the trip as many times as necessary until I'm successful during that tag's window. A lot shorter trip than my usual spots further north. But if I have any questions that come up I'll be sure to hit you up!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the offer man! I'm planning on making a couple scouting trips up there in August to get the lay of the land. Not really the type that wants or asks for hunting tips unless I'm choppin it up with the good ol' boys at the local watering holes. I'd rather earn it sotospeak by putting in the work to figure out how I want to hunt the area. Fortunately the area is only 1.5-2hrs from my house so I can easily repeat the trip as many times as necessary until I'm successful during that tag's window. A lot shorter trip than my usual spots further north. But if I have any questions that come up I'll be sure to hit you up!
Sounds good man. You get the A or B tag?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So youre tellin me I can have your leftovers in your honey hole!? :heh:
There’s a joke in there somewhere

If you ever draw that mule deer tag….I’ve seen some absolute mashers in there. I’ll straight walk you to a couple locations of 170” bucks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave Idaho unit 32 a shot over the weekend. Figured it was too early & too hot to see any animals in that treeless unit but due to time & schedule constraints this year I had no other options on my elk tag. To make matters worse this unit has limited access due to all the private land.

Long story short, I didn’t see a damn thing. Hiked some of the higher elevations in the public access & access yes areas. Saw lots of old signs of the animals. Likely just passing by but nothing holding yet. Drove all around the unit to cover a lot of miles but there was a lot of hunters in the area. Didn’t help that I was probably the only Hunter in the unit that didn’t have a UTV or 4-wheeler. Tons of gear-queering hunters in the area that put me at a serious disadvantage.

Will hopefully have better luck this week when unit 22 opens up. Way better territory for the hunting that I do. Hopefully we start getting more weather to push these animals out of the higher elevations.

977C3718-2273-475D-8E72-C2FDB07B1488.jpeg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came up empty handed in 22 as well. Better luck next year for elk.

But I got my deer tag punched!

6B704E76-C763-4F08-BD9D-15586DC80707.jpeg

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few mle nurses here aretaking tommorow to go bear hunting here.i think deer season ended the end of november.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice looking spot there. Does it freeze up when it gets cold? Couple tasty mallards there.
The Owyhee River in Oregon. Perfect spot that runs about a 0.5mile near the Snake River. Lots of birds in that area. Doesn't freeze up completely but the banks get about 5-6ft of ice that we sometimes need to break through to create lanes. Water is only about 3-4ft deep in that stretch, and its slow moving.

2 of us limited out that day. My Tilly girl (lab pup - 1yr) was responsible for fetching 4 of them. First time out too! Had to walk her out to the first couple. She didn't mouth the birds at first. Had to put the first 3 in her mouth and then she would take it all the way over to the blind. On the 4th bird she finally did it all by herself. Got some work to do but I think she has it figured out. Put some wings in the freezer to strap to her training buoy.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Owyhee River in Oregon. Perfect spot that runs about a 0.5mile near the Snake River. Lots of birds in that area. Doesn't freeze up completely but the banks get about 5-6ft of ice that we sometimes need to break through to create lanes. Water is only about 3-4ft deep in that stretch, and its slow moving.

2 of us limited out that day. My Tilly girl (lab pup - 1yr) was responsible for fetching 4 of them. First time out too! Had to walk her out to the first couple. She didn't mouth the birds at first. Had to put the first 3 in her mouth and then she would take it all the way over to the blind. On the 4th bird she finally did it all by herself. Got some work to do but I think she has it figured out. Put some wings in the freezer to strap to her training buoy.
That's a good shoot.

Nice work on the pup, got to love them hunting dogs. Big game finished up last night for me so I'll be onto bird hunting now. I've got the gordon out once earlier, but he's been itching to go again. It kills him when I put my hunting clothes on in the morning and he doesn't get to go.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a Eurasian widgeon sandwiched between the mallards?
Not sure that I know the difference between the Eurasian & American Widgeon?