• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will the NJ Devils draft?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably one of the best drafts I have seen in a long time. I usually never watch the entire thing on TV besides round 1 and sometimes 2, but I did watch most of this one.
I know its probably because it was hosted in Newark and it was definitely an unusual draft from a Devil's fan perspective.

Lou usually picks somebody somewhat unexpectedly in the draft, but you never get a huge trade like this on draft day as a Devils fan.

Also, the Marty son thing, I thought it was classy of Lou. Was it a waste of a 7th round pick? Yes. But usually 7th round picks turn out to be a waste anyway.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow def give credit to those that stayed esp considering we didn't have a pick after 5.

Was it packed? Was the fanfest packed? How many stayed til the 7th

I stayed right to the very end. Seeing Marty draft his son was something really special.

Fan fest was packed. The entire upperdeck was packed, as was one end in the lower bowl.

The crowd was so loud. I assume you could hear it, but the boos were deafening for Bettman, the NYR and Minnesota especially, who I would say got the loudest boos of anyone.

As I said before, the whole audience went nuts when Lou announced the schneider trade. Amazing to be there for that. You could just tell something was up, because this guy kept walking over to Lou from where the NHL people were stationed next to the stage.

A lot of people started to leave after the Devils 2nd rounder, which frankly I don't blame them, the 1st round took 3 hours by itself. After that it sped up.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I regret not being there. Always wanted to attend at least one draft.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah i wanted to go also. I'm glad though they filled the place I wouldve been pissed if they made it difficult to get tix only to have 2,000 there.

Kinda wouldve liked to see the rangers have a pick in the first that wouldve been a site

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great draft, wish I could have gone for the first 15 picks/round. Hopefully they'll do it again, but from what I heard, they did a great job with everything.

Great trade by Lou, couldn't be happier. Devils haven't had much success in drafting/developing young forwards so to trade the #9 for Brodeur's successor was a win-win to me.

And the end of the draft was truly special. What a class act by Lou and the whole organization on behalf of Marty. That's something he'll never forget and was very nice to see play out, having him go up and make the pick himself. Cool moment.