• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox @ M's

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wheels on the bus have fallen off completely. This was the game I was expecting for game 1 with all that was working against them the day before. This is just brutal. Bring on the Braves.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more day games please.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this one's done. Flexen showing everyone why he was demoted to the pen in the first place.

Yeah, I know, we are still in a good spot as far as the wild card race goes...
just don't make a habit of blowing games like this again, okay?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all of that unearned runs. Yikes. 3 errors will do that to ya

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more day games please.
Not only that but the rain delay in Cleveland really fked everything over. They got home late to play the first game and then a day game to close out the series.

No excuses, but a lot of shiiit went happened. Thanks Cleveland!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all of that unearned runs. Yikes. 3 errors will do that to ya
yeah, that's what you want from a team trying for a postseason... /s

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that but the rain delay in Cleveland really fked everything over. They got home late to play the first game and then a day game to close out the series.

No excuses, but a lot of shiiit went happened. Thanks Cleveland!
yes this is why I said on Monday that I was okay with a game like this, but then we played well enough to win it. I guess the jet lag hit them a couple days later than expected.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had too many bad games against the white Sox this year. Hopefully that's the last we see of them. Let either Cleveland or the twinkies take the central.

What are we expecting from the next 5? Maybe 2 wins?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had too many bad games against the white Sox this year. Hopefully that's the last we see of them. Let either Cleveland or the twinkies take the central.
My exact thought. They match up with us somehow or scare us into playing our worst ball.

2 is about right. I don't feel good about the Braves series at all.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraley hit his 9th today.

fraley.jpg

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for you.

kent.png

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

White Sox are better than their record reflects this year. They have underperformed. Not to mention they run some pretty big boys up to the plate in the middle of their lineup. A few of them are Julios size with some extra muscle packed on.

Wed game was just the culmination of non focus / sloppy play, jet lag and being just a tad complacent. You have to mentally play hard nosed - error free ball for 9 innings to have a chance at walking away with a W in the show. That just wasn't the case yesterday by any means. Not too many games this season have the M's scored 6 runs and lost.

I think Servais is a little star struck by Castillo and was a tad too hesitant to give him the hook when he got into trouble in the 6th. Veteran starting pitchers do not like getting pulled off the bump mid inning and taking that walk of shame to the dugout.

Never the less ... that game is behind them and they have their hands full with a 3 game set vs ATL. Who I guarantee you brings their 'A' game.

If we nab 1 of 3 vs ATL and split with the Friars I am OK with that. PROVIDED our clubhouse turns into a pack of wolves ready to feast on a 3-4 week stretch of sub .500 teams. The post season is theirs for the taking, if that does not inspire them to play their best ball, nothing ever will.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox are better than their record reflects this year. They have underperformed. Not to mention they run some pretty big boys up to the plate in the middle of their lineup. A few of them are Julios size with some extra muscle packed on.

Wed game was just the culmination of non focus / sloppy play, jet lag and being just a tad complacent. You have to mentally play hard nosed - error free ball for 9 innings to have a chance at walking away with a W in the show. That just wasn't the case yesterday by any means. Not too many games this season have the M's scored 6 runs and lost.

I think Servais is a little star struck by Castillo and was a tad too hesitant to give him the hook when he got into trouble in the 6th. Veteran starting pitchers do not like getting pulled off the bump mid inning and taking that walk of shame to the dugout.

Never the less ... that game is behind them and they have their hands full with a 3 game set vs ATL. Who I guarantee you brings their 'A' game.

If we nab 1 of 3 vs ATL and split with the Friars I am OK with that. PROVIDED our clubhouse turns into a pack of wolves ready to feast on a 3-4 week stretch of sub .500 teams. The post season is theirs for the taking, if that does not inspire them to play their best ball, nothing ever will.
I'm not making more of those losses than what they were. It's a team we haven't played well against both times we played them. M's also don't play well against the stros. They have other good teams they do play well against.

Losing this series means nothing. This isn't a top 5 team right now anyway and we all know it. They have a top flight pitching staff, but a well below average batting lineup and zero depth on the bench. Their pitching will carry them to the playoffs and their hitting will limit how far they go. It's just their reality.

They are a better team now than they were last year. Cal and Julio are fantastic additions moving forward as are Castillo and Kirby.

The team is headed in the right direction. They maybe could have done more, but those efforts passed on probably also wouldn't have won them a WS. There are a few truly elite teams at the top of the sport and it's not easy to get to their talent level. It may take a few more years of smaller additions to get to a point where they can even just get lucky at the right time.

It's still a great time to be a fan of this team. Bright young stars. Some great games here and there. We are going to see the first playoffs for the franchise in a generation. The buzz is going to be awesome. Any series wins in the post season will be a great bonus.

Then the pressure to spend the right money on the right options to add to the lineup without fucking up the team chemistry. Build for an even deeper run next year. See if they can put up a fight for the division.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
white sox..can be like..the mariners at times...its the way..they are built...with kopech...pitching.....they can can winn

mariners.. are a bit animic...at times..on the hitting side..still this game was a battle..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tampa a 2 games behind in games played..have the mariners..77..wins..so they are..#1..in wild card

toronto..is the same number of games played....minus 1..........they are 1/2 a game behind..the mariners

so seattle toronto is a push...
with tampa ahead

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in games played....only a lose..is a lose...and what they go by...lolo

so that last.game...put seatte...behind....tampa....and even with toronto..off today...and tampa bay also off..today

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that last.game...put seatte...behind....tampa....and even with toronto..off today...and tampa bay also off..today..

tampa playes yankees then toronto..over weekend and early next week..

toronto..playes rangers..in between...

seattle playes..atlanta..then Sd for 2...were..the other 2 teams.....will catch a game..on the mariners..as the mariners are ahead in games played

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it hurts to lose...but i would not think of that....just..play as well as they can.....if....... they have an advantaje...they play in an american league park....with american league............... umps..i think..that could be...or not.........the whoe strike zone thing..

that said...the umps should not change...no matter...

they often ..need...eye coupons....