• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox @ M's

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all teams mentioned....are playoff...teams...with the excetion...of texas...and i expct...toronto..to sweep them......we will see...lolo

the games are ...in texas...might be a hard thing..to pull off.

..but they need to...as they play tampa...next...for a fat 5 games
with 1 double header...in 4 days..........................................with oreilas behind that..

verry tough...for toronto...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ithink otani will be traded..to the giants..and trout to the mets....makes to much sense.....right

..with 340 mil..for mets..

To trade for the best player in baseball
And marte..a free agent..

Thoughts guys don't want to stay..
On a loser.
The team needs high..profile...young guys..so it does

Make ....to much sense....

Ben franklin...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Atlanta I was actually able to make
A SIM trade .for trout..i was not..
Able to with mets..

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had too many bad games against the white Sox this year. Hopefully that's the last we see of them. Let either Cleveland or the twinkies take the central.

What are we expecting from the next 5? Maybe 2 wins?
Can't really express the importance and urgency of the next 5 games. They have a 0.5 game lead over TOR and 5 games over BAL. TOR is playing the Rangers and BAL is playing Red Sox. Rays having a tough series.

Shiit the bed here and TOR will overtake and build a lead and BAL closes the gap. Crucial.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're also at a point in the year now where teams are starting to get eliminated. OAK and WAS are out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really express the importance and urgency of the next 5 games. They have a 0.5 game lead over TOR and 5 games over BAL. TOR is playing the Rangers and BAL is playing Red Sox. Rays having a tough series.

Shiit the bed here and TOR will overtake and build a lead and BAL closes the gap. Crucial.
Couldn't disagree more.

Next 5 means nothing at all. They could lose all 5 and it would do nothing to their playoff chances.

Look at who all 3 of those other teams play after that. The orioles specifically are playing the worst schedule. Right now they have less than 5% odds while M's have 99.5% just to get in the playoffs.

The only question left right now is which seed they get. Period. And losing the next 5 straight won't dent their chances of taking the 4. It just won't.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Large bases? Uhm... how about no. Who asks for these?
Manfred is allowing the game to be ruined.
They talked about it on a some show I watched and it is for safety as well as increasing scoring through base stealing. Do I agree with it? No, but here it is.

I think if they want to make a change they should take away divisions. When half the teams make the playoffs via wildcard, then no need for divisions and unequal schedules. Just have the top 6 teams in each league make it. Have each team play the other league teams 3 games each (45 games total) and the same league teams 8 times each (112 games total) making it a 157 game schedule. Just my opinion.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB and the jays play each other 9 times before the end of the year. They can't both be high on wins across that many games. Either one moves well up dominating the other one, or they both stay around .500. Either way the M's win in terms of just making the playoffs. The jays also have 6 more against the orioles. Again they play so many that they can't both stay in contention. All 3 of the other teams going for a WC slot are going to take each other out over the next several weeks.

The M's won't play any contender after the next 5 games. There is nearly no pressure on them.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more.

Next 5 means nothing at all. They could lose all 5 and it would do nothing to their playoff chances.

Look at who all 3 of those other teams play after that. The orioles specifically are playing the worst schedule. Right now they have less than 5% odds while M's have 99.5% just to get in the playoffs.

The only question left right now is which seed they get. Period. And losing the next 5 straight won't dent their chances of taking the 4. It just won't.
You mean to tell me the Orioles closing the gap won’t make a dent? Like… falling out of WC spot, won’t make a dent? They may have a 99.5% but that number can change drastically if they lose all 5.

You posted this like they’ve clinched already. Let’s not forget how horrible this team played the first couple months of the season. They may very well revert back to that and collapse under pressure.

Last edited:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked about it on a some show I watched and it is for safety as well as increasing scoring through base stealing. Do I agree with it? No, but here it is.

I think if they want to make a change they should take away divisions. When half the teams make the playoffs via wildcard, then no need for divisions and unequal schedules. Just have the top 6 teams in each league make it. Have each team play the other league teams 3 games each (45 games total) and the same league teams 8 times each (112 games total) making it a 157 game schedule. Just my opinion.
Now that the steroid era is over with they gotta find some way. Instead of juicing up baseballs let’s juice up the bases. Lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean to tell me the Orioles closing the gap won’t make a dent? Like… falling out of WC spot, won’t make a dent? They may have a 99.5% but that number can change drastically if they lose all 5.

You posted this like they’ve clinched already. Let’s not forget how horrible this team played the first couple months of the season. They may very well revert back to that and collapse under pressure.
Please, go look at the schedules for the rest of the year and take a deep breath.

Again, you are missing a HUGE chunk of information. The M's play literally no one, the other 3 all play each other to death. It's not possible for all of them to play at a high level when they are each feasting on one another. Hell, TB I think also plays Houston 6 more times in there. I double checked at the orioles are now down to 3% chance of making the playoffs.

The schedules do not set up for the 3 of those teams to all make it. Look at each, then look at the M's and tell me where there is any type of path for not making it.

The only things left to decide for the playoffs is which of the 3 central teams win the division and what order M's, TB, and Toronto are for the WC slots.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1662683772347.png1662683813599.png1662683853734.png
Those are all 3 schedules the rest of the way. They ALL suck lol. Houston, NY, each other, Cleveland, so many places for each to fuck up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I didn't post ours, here's the comp:
1662684576664.png
After the next 5, it's a whole lot of season is already over with the last 10 games ALL AT HOME. It's just a crazy favorable schedule.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy about the end of the shift, but where's my roboumps? :shrug:
My thing is, why does the defense get punished because offensive players don’t adjust. They need to lower the mound before rewarding offensive players for not evolving and analytic dude’s to readjust their probabilities. I truly dislike that baseball embraced the non baseball nerds to baseball then now have to fix one of the several problems they caused but don’t address the problem. In football analytics say the true Air Raid is the best offensive system but it’s never won a championship, in basketball only shooting 3’s is how you win. You could argue Moneyball works the same way as NBA analytics say the Golden State Warriors won because of the 3 point shooting. Disregarding the fact that the Red Sox had an ungodly roster full of star filled out by Moneyball guys, just as the Cubs did. The Warriors had the 2 best 3 point shooters in NBA history then added the 2nd best overall player in the game to create the dynasty.

100% cool with the pitch clock, because it is honestly cool for fan engagement and it addresses a problem that analytics caused with extending games with pitching and the problem of umpires not enforcing the rule of batters not getting set to go.

Truly don’t get the extended bag thing, it is like making a created a problem out of something that doesn’t need fixing. It isn’t possible but the only thing I can see that needs to be extended somehow is home after putting in the dumb catcher can’t block the plate rule.