• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which program will benefit the most with the conferences not playing?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, etc who doesn't have to worry about the top B1G or Pac 12 teams? Argument against it is that they may not have needed to worry about a team like Ohio State.

Is it the Top G5 teams that have now have a shot at CFP, like UCF and Boise State? Argument against it is do they still have a shot with 3 P5 conferences and Notre Dame?

Is it the teams that are "good but not great," where Iowa usually falls? They wouldn't be buried behind teams better than them or more like them. Argument is that they still wouldn't be top 4, and that is all that matters.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be honest, it’s Michigan

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas or Iowa State.

Close proximity to some 'decent' players that can enhance their rosters.

Oklahoma likely the most if Justin Fields can't play at Ohio State.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowkey Minnesota maybe. Bateman was gonna leave no matter what, but I think almost all of their returning starters on offense have multiple years left except a center who wasn't even their best center by PFF grades. Beyond that, it's another year to rebuild a defense that most folks didn't realize was top 10 and had 4 NFL draft picks on it last year and is missing nearly the entirety of its front 7.

In the meantime, Fleck is all of a sudden recruiting in the 20s (which is a huge step up for Minnesota) and would get another year of shine off that 11-2 if the B1G doesn't play. And I think Spring Ball is a farce, or extremely limited.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF....will claim another natty and how can you argue it if you didn't beat them.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that play may benefit with transfers and media coverage of having games televised. However, no one really wins.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be honest, it’s Michigan

It's true. I love Michigan, but I just couldn't see how, without a key injury or illness, Michigan was going to beat Ohio State this season. I still hope they resurrect the fall season, but Michigan not having to play a Justin Fields led stacked team is probably very much beneficial for them!

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G and PAC teams that could benefit

Rutgers - I know some people laughed at this but I was serious. Schiano is going to try to sell the rebuild to NJ recruits. He's done it before and he's trying to convince them he can do it again. However, he inherited a roster that was a mess. He has another off season to recruit the state of NJ, sell the rebuild without the on field results, which were likely to be bad.

Michigan - Michigan will take their chances with Ohio State without Justin Fields. It was unlikely the streak was going to end.

Minnesota - Minnesota was already expecting to play the year without their star WR. Expectations were going to be really high and it was certainly a possibility that the Gophers didn't live up to those expectations. Now they get to continue with the momentum they created in 2019. Their 2021 recruiting class is better than their previous classes and it should be easier to maintain that momentum.

Oregon - Similar to Minnesota, the 2019 season has helped Oregon out a lot on the trail. Oregon now can continue that momentum on the trail. If the season happened and Oregon didn't have a great year, that might have stalled the momentum.

USC - USC made some changes on the trail after a pair of disappointing recruiting classes (2019 and 2020). Now they have more time to recruit high level kids and it gives Todd Orlando more time to create that physical mentality that he wants for the USC defense.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas or Iowa State.

Close proximity to some 'decent' players that can enhance their rosters.

Oklahoma likely the most if Justin Fields can't play at Ohio State.
I hadn't thought about Iowa State potentially getting some extra players due to this, so that is a bonus. However, I do think Iowa State benefits in this situation if the season is played!

They have a really good team and have a chance to win the Big Xii this year. Eliminating the Iowa game makes it easier to focus on the task at hand. 5 home conference games including OU is a nice setup.

FWIW, Campbell has beaten every other Big Xii team at least once, but he is 0-fer Iowa. Just glad ISU doesn't have to worry about that game this year.

Now, I just hope the boys get to play and can beat the Ragin' Cajuns!

Let's Go State!

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't thought about Iowa State potentially getting some extra players due to this, so that is a bonus. However, I do think Iowa State benefits in this situation if the season is played!

They have a really good team and have a chance to win the Big Xii this year. Eliminating the Iowa game makes it easier to focus on the task at hand. 5 home conference games including OU is a nice setup.

FWIW, Campbell has beaten every other Big Xii team at least once, but he is 0-fer Iowa. Just glad ISU doesn't have to worry about that game this year.

Now, I just hope the boys get to play and can beat the Ragin' Cajuns!

Let's Go State!

Ha. I still remember the lone game I attended in Ames, in 1992. I'm sure it is one of your favorite upsets.

Our newfound treasure of Tommie Frazier rolls in as our new hero frosh QB fresh off 52-7 and 49-7 wins over Top 10 teams in Colorado and Kansas.

The normal ISU punching bag was up next.

It was a typical blustery cold and overcast day for a mid-November game in our parts. Your QB of choice was injured and in stepped Todd Doxzon. An Omaha kid. Surely the Huskers would romp as 18.5 point favorites.

19-10 later, and tails tucked firmly in our hind ends, we left with a big L. I did enjoy my time there that day however. ISU fans are good in my book.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. I still remember the lone game I attended in Ames, in 1992. I'm sure it is one of your favorite upsets.

Our newfound treasure of Tommie Frazier rolls in as our new hero frosh QB fresh off 52-7 and 49-7 wins over Top 10 teams in Colorado and Kansas.

The normal ISU punching bag was up next.

It was a typical blustery cold and overcast day for a mid-November game in our parts. Your QB of choice was injured and in stepped Todd Doxzon. An Omaha kid. Surely the Huskers would romp as 18.5 point favorites.

19-10 later, and tails tucked firmly in our hind ends, we left with a big L. I did enjoy my time there that day however. ISU fans are good in my book.
I was there! I had an extra ticket, and I couldn't give it away!

It wasn't Todd Doxzon though. The ISU QB that day was 5th year walk-on Senior Marvelous Marv Seiler!

Just a freaky day. Nebraska was flat as pancake after their back to back wins over Top 10 teams, Frazier had a bum ankle (but was still great), ISU had a great game-plan and executed it well. Nebraska couldn't defend an option QB, and those white pants! Go figure!

Just one of those days!

Last edited:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there! I had an extra ticket, and I couldn't give it away!

It wasn't Todd Doxzon though. The ISU QB that day was 5th year walk-on Senior Marvelous Marv Seiler!

Just a freaky day. Nebraska was flat as pancake after their back to back wins over Top 10 teams, Frazier had a bum ankle (but was still great), ISU had a great game-plan and executed it well. Nebraska couldn't defend an option QB, and those white pants! Go figure!

Just one of those days!

Why am I remembering Todd Doxzon?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you remember him being an XFL Champion in 2001?

Todd Doxzon - Wikipedia

I don't come up with Todd Doxzon out of the blue who was a Millard North grad and actually was a QB at Iowa State for no reason.

And damn. Looking back I guess I'm a pure idiot. I recall Doxzon wearing #19 and slowly but surely giving my Huskers payback hell.

Maybe I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't come up with Todd Doxzon out of the blue who was a Millard North grad and actually was a QB at Iowa State for no reason.

And damn. Looking back I guess I'm a pure idiot. I recall Doxzon wearing #19 and slowly but surely giving my Huskers payback hell.

Maybe I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.
Well, he was exceptional handing the ball off to Troy Davis his final two seasons @ Iowa State!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, etc who doesn't have to worry about the top B1G or Pac 12 teams? Argument against it is that they may not have needed to worry about a team like Ohio State.

Is it the Top G5 teams that have now have a shot at CFP, like UCF and Boise State? Argument against it is do they still have a shot with 3 P5 conferences and Notre Dame?

Is it the teams that are "good but not great," where Iowa usually falls? They wouldn't be buried behind teams better than them or more like them. Argument is that they still wouldn't be top 4, and that is all that matters.
Clemson didn't have to worry about Ohio State last year . . . right.