• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Cleveland draft picks do you want for Mallett?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Josh goes to Cleveland....

Would it be, could it be...

Tebow Time in Cleveland???

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with #26 or #35, with #35 being more likely.

Were talking about a QB drafted in the 3rd round who's done nothing in the NFL so far.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What insentive do the Browns have to trade anything more then a couple of lower picks. He has no playing experience and they could always take a high rated QB with one of their two first rounders.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What insentive do the Browns have to trade anything more then a couple of lower picks. He has no playing experience and they could always take a high rated QB with one of their two first rounders.

This is sort of where I am at. Mallett has proven nothing other than he can handle the clip board with precision. There was a proposal of two thirds for Mallett and Josh that makes the most sense to me.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care. I said that. They won't do any of the deals I mentioned but I'd much rather keep him.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably none. I don't think anyone around here thinks that deal is at all even a little bit likely to happen because for it to be worth it to the Pats, the Browns would have to give up a lot of value, and they won't likely do it.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care. I said that. They won't do any of the deals I mentioned but I'd much rather keep him.

This is where I don't agree. If some team thinks there is value and is willing to make a deal then it's best to take the deal. Since he arrived Mallett has done nothing to improve the quality of the team in a nutshell we would be gaining draft value for a player who has done nothing. We can draft a back up this year or pick up a vet for next to nothing to fill the spot of clip board holder.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't had to. It's an insurance policy, and a cheap one. A quality backup is more important than several starters. If he never gets used that's great, but that doesn't make it not one of the most important positions on the team.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't had to. It's an insurance policy, and a cheap one. A quality backup is more important than several starters. If he never gets used that's great, but that doesn't make it not one of the most important positions on the team.

You don't even know that you have a quality back up that's the point, you don't know jack shit about Mallett, none of us do. Next year we have to potential to get absolutely nothing for him, and I suspect he will be gone, he would be a fool to stay here. We got him in the third so if Cleveland is offering two thirds for him and Josh or some other combination better than a third it makes more sense to me to take the draft picks draft a rookie in a QB deep class and maybe add a FA vet to the mix. We have carried three QBs before.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we take a very high pick, we have little chance of someone with just the physical tools. We absolutely will not have someone with the experience in our system to fill in short term. That one extra year is enough that if Cleveland offered two thirds, you laugh at them and don't answer their calls for a year.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we take a very high pick, we have little chance of someone with just the physical tools. We absolutely will not have someone with the experience in our system to fill in short term. That one extra year is enough that if Cleveland offered two thirds, you laugh at them and don't answer their calls for a year.

What physical tools, what are talking about? They are projecting Mettenberger, McCarron and Murray anywhere from rounds two to four these guys have the tools. As for and experienced QB in our system as I said we can pick up a vet who can dink and dunk his way down the field.

Next year you get nothing at all for Mallett if you can get two 3rd round picks for him this year that potentially improves the team in the future. Hell Matt Cassell is FA this year sign him to a one or two year deal. There are a lot of FA QBs out there.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thirds is shit. I would be madder at that than I was when they signed tebow. That would be just a terrible fucking awful move.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thirds is shit. I would be madder at that than I was when they signed tebow. That would be just a terrible fucking awful move.

So in a nutshell we drafted a guy in the third a few years back that has yet to play long enough to prove his value and whom we will get nothing at all for next year and if we have the chance to get two thirds for him this year that a bad thing.

Wow just Wow

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What physical tools, what are talking about? They are projecting Mettenberger, McCarron and Murray anywhere from rounds two to four these guys have the tools. As for and experienced QB in our system as I said we can pick up a vet who can dink and dunk his way down the field.

Next year you get nothing at all for Mallett if you can get two 3rd round picks for him this year that potentially improves the team in the future. Hell Matt Cassell is FA this year sign him to a one or two year deal. There are a lot of FA QBs out there.

:10:

Mettenberger would be a FINE 3rd round draft pick and understudy for TB12. As long as his knee holds up, Mettenberger has all of the physical tools to be a Ben Roethlisberger-type quarterback. He has the arm and demonstrated under Cam Cameron that he does a very good job with his reads and progressions.

I am a big time advocate of Mettenberger and that certainly includes before both Manziel and Bortles.

In my view, HE is the 2nd best quarterback in this draft.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichick has an idea of how good he think Mallett can be. Us fans obviously have no clue, but the kinds of trade offers Belichick turns down will indicate his value to the organization.

The fact they have kept him around his some sort of indication considering how quick they dropped O'Connell