• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is the recruiting thread?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was asked to be taken down by Rivla ssince it was apparently similar to their list.
That is dumb, don't all of those sites have about the same list anyways? That thread was a wealth of information, none of which was paid info so it should have been fine.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is dumb, don't all of those sites have about the same list anyways? That thread was a wealth of information, none of which was paid info so it should have been fine.

Of course, and I checked their list and it was very close but not identical.

I didnt put anything on there that could not be found outside of any pay site, but I am not trying to get Ghost or the site in trouble.

We can talk in hypotheticals.

I wonder if the thread can remain without the original post...I am leaving it up to Ghost, obviously. It is his site.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course, and I checked their list and it was very close but not identical.

I didnt put anything on there that could not be found outside of any pay site, but I am not trying to get Ghost or the site in trouble.

We can talk in hypotheticals.

I wonder if the thread can remain without the original post...I am leaving it up to Ghost, obviously. It is his site.
We could always use an Excel file or Word File and email it around to everyone :) I would really like to have the post up without the list, there was so much good information in that post and it was very interactive. I would imagine they can just remove the text from the first post and re-open the rest of the conversation.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could always use an Excel file or Word File and email it around to everyone :) I would really like to have the post up without the list, there was so much good information in that post and it was very interactive. I would imagine they can just remove the text from the first post and re-open the rest of the conversation.

Let's wait and see. I am on the road, but I will chack in later.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those names are from any number of free sites. I guess they don't like that we have a list of players by position. I assume that is their exclusive right. I will re-write it when I get a chance, and cite the free sites where the info is from. I will do that in the next couple of days, run it by ghost and see if that is alright.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen this thread. You have permission to post what you want as long as you give credit to any work that was done by someone else. Don't let anyone come here and dictate to us what can and can't be posted.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen this thread. You have permission to post what you want as long as you give credit to any work that was done by someone else. Don't let anyone come here and dictate to us what can and can't be posted.

On it.

Thanks.

Just PM'd you.

As for the Hokie boys on here. Hell, I work at a University. If there is one thing I know how to do it is over-cite and reference every line in a document. The thread will be back up in the next couple of days.

Cheers!

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting a lot of good ideas from your recruiting thread. I hope you resume it soon.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so some dude from Rivals showed up to report the thread at 4am??????

something smells like fish

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so some dude from Rivals showed up to report the thread at 4am??????

something smells like fish

Yeah, it's horrible isn't it? I've been trying to tell canewoman to atleast keep her legs closed if she's not gonna clean that thing.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep up the great work 46...
BTW. What did you think of the Skins haul on draft weekend??

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a shock to Rivals and the guys who pay for their "premium content", but a list of potential VT recruits is NOT the exclusive right of their little secret club. Anyone can collect this information and make conjectures on how recruiting is going from any number of free websites or twitter or newspapers.

A list of potential recruits is simply a list of potential recruits, ha ha.

When I get back to work tomorrow, I will repost it with all o he disclaimers that will make over people happy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

Rivals.com emailed me. I'm sure that posting the list here is "fair use" as long as it is being reported that it's Rivals' list - they know that. The guy was pretty nice about it, so let's not give him a hard time. Perhaps you all can come up with a list.