• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is all the Kaep criticism now?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But it is clear that they didn't respect his passing. That is why there are so many 8 and 9 man boxes vs the Niners. manning might not have gotten it done, but the guy just set the record for TD passes and yards in a season. That isn't a fluke. He wouldn't have had the same numbers on the Niners, but he wouldn't have to. The team wouldn't have to score 38 a game to win, because they wouldn't be giving up 35. Not to mention it isn't as cold in SF where the team probably would have been playing through the playoffs. And maybe they still don't get by seattle this year... I guarantee they would have won the whole thing last year. And this is not a knock on Kap. He is still raw.

I don't disagree with you in principle. It basically comes down to this. Manning's answer for a stacked box is his audibles at the line and short passing game. Kap's answer is his running ability and the deep ball. Both strategies have their flaws, so it's really a wash. But I simply can't agree with any statements saying that we would've won a superbowl with Manning.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you in principle. It basically comes down to this. Manning's answer for a stacked box is his audibles at the line and short passing game. Kap's answer is his running ability and the deep ball. Both strategies have their flaws, so it's really a wash. But I simply can't agree with any statements saying that we would've won a superbowl with Manning.

Agree to disagree on the Superbowl topic. We will never know if we win one with manning. What we do know is that we didn't (yet) with Kap. Even if we don't win with manning, maybe Kap sees how much he prepares and is better for it. Anyway, I am a big Kap fan and I think he will be fine. I just think he would still be fine with a big ring on his finger had manning been on the team. :wink:

:suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry I'm late! Here's the Kaep criticism!

The Broncos were a vastly inferiour team to the Niners, and it wasn't even close. Peyton Manning choking like he always does & an inferiour team getting their asses kicked doesn't excuse the stupid, mental errors Kaepernick made and did not improve upon the entire season.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos were a vastly inferiour team to the Niners, and it wasn't even close. Peyton Manning choking like he always does & an inferiour team getting their asses kicked doesn't excuse the stupid, mental errors Kaepernick made and did not improve upon the entire season.

We were all waiting for your "breath of fresh air" response sick

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The Broncos were a vastly inferior team to the Niners, and it wasn't even close. Peyton Manning choking like he always does & an inferior team getting their asses kicked doesn't excuse the stupid, mental errors Kaepernick made and did not improve upon the entire season.

FIFY unless you're British, in which case I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FIFY unless you're British, in which case I apologize.

He's using the Queen's English. And he's a grammar Nazi, not a spelling Nazi. Just kidding, Sick's probably both.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can not beat the seahawks with a stay in the pocket QB like Manning or Brees, they kill them. You need a guy like Kaep to move the sticks with his legs. Kaep looked a hell of a lot better then Manning did, and Kaep was playing in Seattle not on a neutral field. Hope all the dumb asses keep their mouth shut for a while now. Manning had 2 int's and what 2 fumbles? And he has a lot more weapons then Kaep does. As I said last week and I will say it again after watching the SB, CK is top 10 QB in this league right now, haters move your ass to the back of the bus.

Arguably, but the primary reason for that right now is his running ability. Like Vick, he's in danger of regressing as time passes instead of improving. He has to continue to develop as a passer, and he has a considerable way to go to be considered a top-10 passer.

My criticisms of Kap are the same today as they were two days ago. He buckled down the stretch.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's using the Queen's English. And he's a grammar Nazi, not a spelling Nazi. Just kidding, Sick's probably both.

Definitely a grammar Nazi. I feel no compulsion to correct typos or misspellings, but if you use the wrong word like "I would of" instead of "I would have" I might say something. I try not to make a big deal about it & just state the correction & move on.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, this.

I don't see what the Superbowl had to do with Kaepernick's season. At all.

Anyway if you guys think we are better off with Kap as a QB than Manning as a QB then you guys are out of your fucking minds. An average (at best) QB versus one of the top 3 QBs of all time? That's insane.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably, but the primary reason for that right now is his running ability. Like Vick, he's in danger of regressing as time passes instead of improving. He has to continue to develop as a passer, and he has a considerable way to go to be considered a top-10 passer.

My criticisms of Kap are the same today as they were two days ago. He buckled down the stretch.

Don't want to Alex this thread but just curious if you think Alex is a top-10 passer with what he did in KC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't getting Manning anyway at an affordable price, and we would not have been able to field the same team around Manning had we paid him what Denver did so it really is pointless.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to put my foot down here and say no Alex Smith talk in this thread.

Sorry guys.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think now it's obvious Kaep gives us the best chance to beat the Seahawks in the short term.

I would say let him play out the last year of his contract, so that way we have the money to re-sign Boldin. We can re-sign him or tag him after next year.
Then also let's draft a big WR (one of the 6'5" guys in the 1st round).

Also let's fix the run game because sometimes we are not able to run against the Seahawks, and that is the key to taking pressure off the QB. We were able to run on them at home, and surprisingly the Saints ran on them quite nicely in the divisional round in Seattle, so we have to figure out how to run on them consistently.

Maybe getting that bigger WR on the outside will loosen up that box. Boldin is too slow and Crabtree is not physical enough to scare the Seahawks secondary on the outside. They are comfortable playing man to man on them and stacking the box. The combination of Chancellor and Earl Thomas can nullify Vernon too so we need another threat and I think we need that young, big bodied dominating receiver.

Demaryius Thomas is the type of receiver I want, and he was able to catch 13 balls last night against the Seahawks.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think now it's obvious Kaep gives us the best chance to beat the Seahawks in the short term.

I would say let him play out the last year of his contract, so that way we have the money to re-sign Boldin. We can re-sign him or tag him after next year.

Also let's fix the run game because sometimes we are not able to run against the Seahawks, and that is the key to taking pressure off the QB. We were able to run on them at home, and surprisingly the Saints ran on them quite nicely in the divisional round in Seattle, so we have to figure out how to run on them consistently.

Maybe getting that bigger WR on the outside will loosen up that box. Boldin is too slow and Crabtree is not physical enough to scare the Seahawks secondary on the outside. They are comfortable playing man to man on them and stacking the box. The combination of Chancellor and Earl Thomas can nullify Vernon too so we need another threat and I think we need that young, big bodied dominating receiver.

Demaryius Thomas is the type of receiver I want, and he was able to catch 13 balls last night against the Seahawks.

This is something that I have been saying all along...

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't too impressed with Thomas. The stats look good but only a 9 yard avg and that fumble was huge. I would love to have him on the Niners still but he didn't have a good game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd like to add a big, physical receiver, but I still think we desperately need some speed. Our current WR corps has got to be one of the slowest in the league. Patton might headline the group with a 4.5. It's a real shame nothing ever came of Baldwin.

I also think, before anything else, we need a new WRs coach. The production from our WRs this year was entirely unacceptable. Baldwin isn't great, but he's done something for KC in the past. Ginn leaves after doing nothing here and puts together a solid season. The coaching, playcalling, and QB play have all got to change if we're going to see a successful passing game.