• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the hell is Raul Ibanez on???

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's more than genetics my friend.

Love the guy but you can't deny he's likely on something.

I don't doubt it, and I know you can't just go by physical appearance. But he looks exactly the same now as he did when I watching him in Tacoma in 95.

I really think that 90% of MLB players are on some sort of PED because testing is such a tremendous joke.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. Although I have to believe the rate of PED use is higher in the NFL due to the insane athletic ability required to play in that environment. That's why I feel like it's hilarious that they bust guys for Adderall.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. Although I have to believe the rate of PED use is higher in the NFL due to the insane athletic ability required to play in that environment. That's why I feel like it's hilarious that they bust guys for Adderall.

excellent points.

the NFL will never crack down on PED use. it would fundamentally change pro football.

the same is true with MLB to an extent. the testing protocols they have in place are still a joke, though the congressional hearing scare has curtailed their use, obviously.

people forget that in the past 15 years, MLB was on the verge of death because it was considered boring by so many fans. it took the UBER roided up combo of McGwire/Sosa/Bonds to resuscitate the game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's more than genetics my friend.

Love the guy but you can't deny he's likely on something.

Highly doubt it, there literally are no incentives for him to take them.

There are primary reasons for someone to take them

1. To get the big contract-regardless of how many HR's he hits he will not receive a big contract after the season.

2. To become a main stay in the big leagues or any sport-he got his job because of injuries, he didn't outperform anyone to get his spot.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt it, there literally are no incentives for him to take them.

There are primary reasons for someone to take them

1. To get the big contract-regardless of how many HR's he hits he will not receive a big contract after the season.

2. To become a main stay in the big leagues or any sport-he got his job because of injuries, he didn't outperform anyone to get his spot.

good point

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point

Plus I knew Raul pretty well when he was in Tacoma way back in the day, if he was not taking the shot then when a good portion of people were I highly doubt he would be taking a new type of PED now. But just my opinion, people change maybe he wanted one last hurrah.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he is on the juice, but PEDs do help in his situation. Steroids and others help in quicker recovery, which is exactly what a 41 year old player needs when playing almost every day.