• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! WIS TO TITANS!!!! WTF!!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people freak out???

Three letters…SOL!

It isn't that losing on Whisenhut was the nail or the window slamming on this teams chances but the ineptness of the GM to have a plan B! A fallback that was…

1. Believable, as in the Lions are interested in multiple people and we are still reviewing the candidates. This is bullshit as they would have had to request interviews with guys like Quinn, Roman, Gase before the Conference Championships. But no Mayhew placed all his eggs in one basket and that was fucked up!

2. Solid Candidates! Jim Caldwell? Really a guy the Ravens want to replace! A guy that only won with Dungy's players and Manning! A guy that has been passed over repeatedly. Tom Cable? Mike Munchak? Kubiak? Mayhew went through the motions of a job search knowing KW would be his head coach. And for whatever reason the sure thing fell apart and Mayhew is now looking like a grade schooler trying to comprehend college algebra.

So as the quality assistants get snapped up for new staffs Mayhew is in full blown panic mode and will probably rush this hire.

I don't care how he dresses this pig up, it's still a fucking pig! I can hear it all ready…..

Jim Caldwell was our guy! He was our guy all along and we did not rush to hire him until we did out due diligence. We believe Caldwell's experience and success will get the Lions over the hump and into playoff contenders not just next year but for the foreseeable future! Blah, Blah, Blah

The only way Mayhew can even remotely get in front of this goat fuck is to step back wait and interview some of the assistants or the Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos. Find out if Zimmer is still willing to interview or if he is locked to the Vikings. Ask Bowles to reconsider and then make a decision based upon a bigger pool of possible guys. Instead of rushing into a bad bad decision!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, why the hell are you a Cardinals fan Rob? Second off, where the fuck is the Mayhew just got fired thread? Fuck this shit, Im pissed.

Agreed this was a colossal mistake, no matter who they get now I will be disappointed. Ridiculous. I know there will be the usual suspects that try to paint this in a good light but its just not. I wouldnt be surprised if WCF had something to do with this, hes a cheapskate that prefers second rate coaches to save a few bucks while the lioms continue to lose. What ineptitude.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

It's not about putting a positive spin on this, it's just that there's no reason to flip out. 5 other people have been interviewed as they have 2 others set up. If he leaves, freak out. I think he had a big hand in this past years draft. He'll be missed, but I see no need in freaking out over an interview.

I couldn't care less about Xanders. But there is plenty of reason to be pissed/worried/freaking out. CBS radio just announced were hiring a OC that was gonna get canned for poor performance at a lesser job than were hiring him to occupy. Complete fuck up of a hiring process.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to look at the positives in this. It seemed we all wanted Whis to be the coach. It ain't happening, we need to move on. I know that's hard for everyone to do.

Theres nothing positive though.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about KW! He took a job where the GM and owner have not been part of a culture of losing. Good for him, time to move on but it's hard when the GM has no clue on what the fuck he is doing! He had no plan B! He had to fallback option and he panicked! He hired the worst possible guy on the market!

It's no wonder Bowles told this regime no to an interview and KW looked elsewhere they are inept! Their was no rush to hire a guy that was about to get let go in Baltimore. Nobody was in a hurry to hire him. Oh sorry only the fucking Lions because they panicked!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am truly interested to see how Millenhew fucks this up further.

Because right now there is no rush to do anything at all. I don't think Caldwell has interviewed anyplace else so waiting to talk with both Greg Roman and Dan Quinn is perfectly fine. Nobody is going to steal the great Jim Caldwell away.

Instead, my bet is that Millenhew will jump the gun to try and cover his own incompetent ass and announce the Caldwell hiring soon. Doing exactly what some have already suggested in saying he was always their top choice, after all, they did interview him first right?

Dumb and Dumber have already turned this search into a clusterfuck and it won't surprise me one bit when they actually make it worse.

Hmmm, that was tough to call. ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS!!!!! This franchise is a fucking embarrassment. What else is there to say?? Seriously??

Did ANYONE else even interview Caldwell?? We werent going to lose him unless he decided he didnt want the job. It's beyond belief with this team. Millenhew is EVERY BIT as awful as his teacher. He has no clue whatsoever. Classic overreaction to having made himself look stupid when the job first opened up.

This ought to be fantastic once Caldwell delivers us two absolute jokes as his coordinators as well. It's entirely possible that we got rid of Schwartz and Linehan but actually got worse.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Curious....Are some of you more upset because its the "Same Old Lions" and they can't even hire a coach right or did some of you really actually believe the Whiz was the next coming of Bill Walsh? In all honesty I wasn't real warm to him after is tenure in Arizona but saying that I'm not real warm to any of the candidates. Maybe we really never had any chance of getting him and maybe this was all his decision and not the Lions F up.

His track record for developing talented quarterbacks is impressive. Im upset because of that and because the lions once again have let the fans down.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really starting to unravel. We could be looking at a total blowout and back to being a doormat in a few years.

Hey you old gal put old lion back on the computer. Enuff of this girl talk.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really starting to unravel. We could be looking at a total blowout and back to being a doormat in a few years.

We are a doormat right now. We don't have to wait a few years.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea you got guys got totally screwed over by the folks who put out there the notion Wisenhunt was looking at the Lions HC position. Whoever started that krap really just muddies the waters. Whoever launched that notion: How do they know? Did they talk to Wis directly? Was there some definitive proof? Some days I get real tired of talking heads trying to create reality.

I am not sure Caldwell is the guy either. It could be a long season coming up for Lions fans.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we type whatever we want. You've been freaking out all over the Bears board all week we all have our passions.

U already do anyway, I just find it comical.

As for the Bears board, I've been back and forth with one asshat over there. I'd hardly call that freaking out. Good call on that one.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U already do anyway, I just find it comical.

As for the Bears board, I've been back and forth with one asshat over there. I'd hardly call that freaking out. Good call on that one.

Is it that tool that came over here hardcore trollin and hating on the lions? Hes a lunatic.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it that tool that came over here hardcore trollin and hating on the lions? Hes a lunatic.

Not sure who you're speaking of. The rich guy is the one that got banned months ago and continues to cry about it. I think the "lunatic" ur thinking of is that Peter barelygoesin guy. He and Kreton are having a great battle over there. Cracks me up.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea you got guys got totally screwed over by the folks who put out there the notion Wisenhunt was looking at the Lions HC position. Whoever started that krap really just muddies the waters. Whoever launched that notion: How do they know? Did they talk to Wis directly? Was there some definitive proof? Some days I get real tired of talking heads trying to create reality.

I am not sure Caldwell is the guy either. It could be a long season coming up for Lions fans.

Don't overconcentrate our hate. This isn't just Whisenhunt. This is a lot of poorly handled moves. This is years of failure. This is a franchise that tried to sell itself a couple weeks ago. And just hired an OC who was going to get fired most likely, as its head coach. This is a franchise "receiving calls" before they had a press conference to announce there was an open position. Same franchise that was ready to fly itself out to get the new guy. Only the new guy didn't want a ride.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we type whatever we want. You've been freaking out all over the Bears board all week we all have our passions.

Speaking of Passions.... That Timmy dude was top three soap characters for sure, aboot a decade ago. (The Lamaze guy loves thumbs downs, what a bitch he seems like.)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who you're speaking of. The rich guy is the one that got banned months ago and continues to cry about it. I think the "lunatic" ur thinking of is that Peter barelygoesin guy. He and Kreton are having a great battle over there. Cracks me up.

Rich. He was in here being a dick at the start of the season when it really wasnt necessary. Peter is perfect for kreton it appears, two people that just get into ridiculous shouting matches online about two teams that sucked alot with the bears sucking a tad more than detroit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Broncosmitty. I was identifying one factor in a wide range of contributions that the Lions routinely seem to pull similar to what the Rams are used to doing. It is generated in the front office and the ownership. Until the Queen Idiot died, we were hopeless and even Kroneke remains suspect. After all, 20 years of screw-ups are hard to erase from fans' memories.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When michigan hired their 4th choice hoke, how did that work out? Now the lions will be hiring their 4th or 5th or 6th choice.....no telling how many guys already said no thank you....

Wish mike tomlin wouldve gotten canned....not that he would come here...

Guess we shouldve fired schwartz last year when andy reid was out there.....not that he would come here...

Maybe the lions should go after a college coach.....that guy who got fired from eastern michigan would be a perfect fit.......not that he would come here either...

Looks like our coaching search is like our CB search.....look for guys cut/fired from other teams to fill our spots...

Watta joke!!!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't overconcentrate our hate. This isn't just Whisenhunt. This is a lot of poorly handled moves. This is years of failure. This is a franchise that tried to sell itself a couple weeks ago. And just hired an OC who was going to get fired most likely, as its head coach. This is a franchise "receiving calls" before they had a press conference to announce there was an open position. Same franchise that was ready to fly itself out to get the new guy. Only the new guy didn't want a ride.

Yes, all of this bothers me just as much as the caldwell signing. Its this ignorant, arrogant, inept attitude that i was hoping left with schwartz. But I should know better, we all should.. Shame on me for expecting differrent.