• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What now for the Bolts?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 more games out west & I really think the Quacks were more sick (flu - like symptoms) than they wanted us to know. I don't know about you guys but I see the Sharks eating us for dinner, especially if we keep playing like this. The Quacks are going to have us for dinner as well. They healthy now! Look at last night's game stats. The only thing the Bolts did better than the Kings was to give the puck away! :gaah:
Can we actually go from 1st in the East to last? How far will Stevie let us slide before he does something? And if he does do something, will it involve another Forward coming to Tampa Bay? I really would like to see us trade what we have too much depth in for something we actually need. We need someone to keep Ben's doorstep clear! And we need that now! What do you guys think, that was my :2cents:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 more games out west & I really think the Quacks were more sick (flu - like symptoms) than they wanted us to know. I don't know about you guys but I see the Sharks eating us for dinner, especially if we keep playing like this. The Quacks are going to have us for dinner as well. They healthy now! Look at last night's game stats. The only thing the Bolts did better than the Kings was to give the puck away! :gaah:
Can we actually go from 1st in the East to last? How far will Stevie let us slide before he does something? And if he does do something, will it involve another Forward coming to Tampa Bay? I really would like to see us trade what we have too much depth in for something we actually need. We need someone to keep Ben's doorstep clear! And we need that now! What do you guys think, that was my :2cents:
we are in trouble plan and simple I don't expect to beat the sharks or the ducks! We are in trouble we need a defenseman even more then stamkos right now!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was afraid this would happen when Ben Bishop is off his game the defenseman are no where to be found to help him!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts definitely need to play better, but both the Ducks and Sharks have struggled lately - Ducks didn't win a game on their last road trip, they have New Jersey tonight so we'll see how they do there

Bolts need a better team defensive game

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Play Thurs. & Fri. so Lindback will play one of those games. He should play Thurs. and give Bishop an exfra days rest. I stayed up to see two periods last night and was surprised to see we won the third period.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Bolt, Cobie & Todd! I don't know about the Bolts winning any period, to me they were like last season's Bolts. They only played "desperate" hockey when they needed to play it! Too little, too late!!!!! What I can't understand is how such a talented bunch of forwards the Bolts have & no one ever wants to shoot the puck on net! Someone should be going straight to the net just looking for a rebound while the other shoots. Keep shooting. Shots on goal was embarrassing!!!!!! Speaking of shooting, we have a gun hungry D-man named Hedman that keeps playing offense & gets caught with his pants down when puck goes towards our end. Does he even know he's a D-man? Kudos to him on his goal but he was a +/- -3 before that goal. C'mon Stevie sharpen your frigging pencil you idiot... defense, defense, defense!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hedman, Panic & Johnson led the team in shots on goal with 3 each. Embarrassing with all that talent & Hedman is a D-man. What happened to Gudas as of lately? Out west, he is not a physical presence at all. He should have tried to spark the team at the end of 1st or beginning of 2nd. A fight may have turned the table for a few seconds. Just looks like last season's Bolts to me. The 10 minute-men!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to make some moves and shake it up a little. Steve Yzerman should be on the phone right now trying to get Mike Cammalleri from the Flames. Shortly after acquiring Cammalleri, he should be contacting Nikita Kucherov agent saying he's been called up and it would be most appreciated if he can join us asap. This teams needs as many goals as it can get and Yzerman needs to make some moves quickly.

Lines:

Killorn-Cammalleri-Marty
Connolly-Val-Teddy
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Malone-Thompson-Panik

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to make some moves and shake it up a little. Steve Yzerman should be on the phone right now trying to get Mike Cammalleri from the Flames. Shortly after acquiring Cammalleri, he should be contacting Nikita Kucherov agent saying he's been called up and it would be most appreciated if he can join us asap. This teams needs as many goals as it can get and Yzerman needs to make some moves quickly.

Lines:

Killorn-Cammalleri-Marty
Connolly-Val-Teddy
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Malone-Thompson-Panik

Case scenerio: several years ago the Rays spent major $ on stacking the team with sluggers. That was great, however, they didn't have pitchers or a very good defense to ever keep the opposing team from scoring 1 run less than them. It wasn't until the Rays got a good pitching staff & defense that they started to make the playoffs.

The Buc's under Kifton (defensive mastermind) had a great defense but their offense has always been par to subpar. Still, in those years, they were always a playoff contender!

Bottom line & I_Shall's skinny: no matter what sport you're playing, coaching or a fan of, the teams need defense. What good is it to score 20 goals a game if that team allows 24 goals per game? Common sense guys!

Also, the Bolts have ungodly depth at forward position already. So much that our #1 draft pick is being used in Juniors. All our talent is just refusing to take shots on goal. C'mon open your eyes, 9 shots taken in 40 minutes of play last night. That's only 1 shot every 4.44444 minutes with all these talented forwards!!!!! EMBARRASSING! !!!!!!!! :wtf2:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case scenerio: several years ago the Rays spent major $ on stacking the team with sluggers. That was great, however, they didn't have pitchers or a very good defense to ever keep the opposing team from scoring 1 run less than them. It wasn't until the Rays got a good pitching staff & defense that they started to make the playoffs.

The Buc's under Kifton (defensive mastermind) had a great defense but their offense has always been par to subpar. Still, in those years, they were always a playoff contender!

Bottom line & I_Shall's skinny: no matter what sport you're playing, coaching or a fan of, the teams need defense. What good is it to score 20 goals a game if that team allows 24 goals per game? Common sense guys!

Also, the Bolts have ungodly depth at forward position already. So much that our #1 draft pick is being used in Juniors. All our talent is just refusing to take shots on goal. C'mon open your eyes, 9 shots taken in 40 minutes of play last night. That's only 1 shot every 4.44444 minutes with all these talented forwards!!!!! EMBARRASSING! !!!!!!!! :wtf2:

This team needs help both offensively and defensively but the fact is we have just loosed the guys who mays this team tick offensively. Even if Bish and the D plays light's out, this team is going to struggle to put some wins together and that was the case with Stamkos as well. This team has to put the puck in the net, plain and simple. They aren't going to shut team's down like the Bruins, they need to score and just get enough D to be successful like the first 15, 16 games of the season.

Due to the Stamkos injury you have guys playing out of position or roles so to speak, Brett Connolly is playing # 1 Center, he isn't a top line player, neither is Killorn unless he's playing with the likes of Stamkos which he isn't. J.T Brown is playing 2nd line RW, he isn't a 2nd line player. Even with Stamkos this team struggled to score regarding secondary scoring, everybody brought up the % goals that came via Stamkos and Marty. Now with minus Stamkos, nevermind a secondary source, we don't have a primary source. I fully understand you aren't going to replace the goals of a Steven Stamkos but you do your best to try and replace them the best way possible and i'm sorry standing pat with what we have know isn't going to cut it. Mike Cammalleri has 9 goals in 14 games, a 25 shot %, that's pretty good, he can skate and shoot the puck. Don't forget this is playing with arguably the least talented team in the NHL. Then you have Kucherov who is 15 games into his pro career but has 13 goals to his name, again speed, skill and he can score. Now I understand Yzerman may want to Kucherov playing top minutes in the AHL but i'm sorry the NHL club needs goals. I Shall return you bring up the fact we don't shoot the puck enough, well let's bring in some snipers and let them do what they do best at this is to shoot the puck.

Now I understand this team needs help defensively as well but there is nothing out there that is going to improve this team dramatically. I wanted Alex Edler in the summer, he was a guy who I would of really liked but at this point in time there isn't any one out there close to Alex Edler's ability. Sure Del Zotto and Jake Gardiner's name are floating out there but there more skilled soft puck moving defenseman. We need a reliable stay-at-home type of defenseman perhaps the closest thing to that is being talked about is Trevor Daley from the Stars. Even though Daley is a good player, he wouldn't solidify our defense and neither would Del Zotto or Gardiner for the matter and our offense would still lack goals. I just think there is nobody out there who can really improve our defense at this point. I think you try and improve this defense next year in FA or with a trade as we know Yzerman has the pieces. I think you need to acquire more offense or else this team isn't going nowhere. You acquire more offense and you hope the D and Bish can get by like they did to begin the season. I suppose that is a dangerous way to live but what are there options? At the end of the day, they were living that way with a healthy Stamkos so what's the difference? Yzerman has to make some moves to improve the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I hope they don't go your route my friend, with all due respect. Maybe you didn't fully read the post above yours or maybe you didn't live here when the Rays brought in all that heavy hitting. Well I was & it was a waste of time, money & I believe it's still why they don't bring in sellout crowds. Bolt, Todd did you guys live here when the Rays had all the guns on deck but no pitching staff nor a very good defense? If you were, am I right? Did all that fire power get the Rays to the playoffs? It wasn't until they got decent hitters, really good pitchers & a very good, efficient defense that they started making playoff progress? I don't want the Bolts to go through the same set backs. Spend a ton of money on the offense & go cheap on D because your almost capped out? Nah Danny, I have to respectfully disagree. We already have a ton of talented, fast & gifted forwards. Doobs can't believe our depth (I think he had posted that here in this forum). They just need to start shooting the puck on net & bum-rushing it, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't take "just" snipers to shoot.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs help both offensively and defensively but the fact is we have just loosed the guys who mays this team tick offensively. Even if Bish and the D plays light's out, this team is going to struggle to put some wins together and that was the case with Stamkos as well. This team has to put the puck in the net, plain and simple. They aren't going to shut team's down like the Bruins, they need to score and just get enough D to be successful like the first 15, 16 games of the season.

Due to the Stamkos injury you have guys playing out of position or roles so to speak, Brett Connolly is playing # 1 Center, he isn't a top line player, neither is Killorn unless he's playing with the likes of Stamkos which he isn't. J.T Brown is playing 2nd line RW, he isn't a 2nd line player. Even with Stamkos this team struggled to score regarding secondary scoring, everybody brought up the % goals that came via Stamkos and Marty. Now with minus Stamkos, nevermind a secondary source, we don't have a primary source. I fully understand you aren't going to replace the goals of a Steven Stamkos but you do your best to try and replace them the best way possible and i'm sorry standing pat with what we have know isn't going to cut it. Mike Cammalleri has 9 goals in 14 games, a 25 shot %, that's pretty good, he can skate and shoot the puck. Don't forget this is playing with arguably the least talented team in the NHL. Then you have Kucherov who is 15 games into his pro career but has 13 goals to his name, again speed, skill and he can score. Now I understand Yzerman may want to Kucherov playing top minutes in the AHL but i'm sorry the NHL club needs goals. I Shall return you bring up the fact we don't shoot the puck enough, well let's bring in some snipers and let them do what they do best at this is to shoot the puck.

Now I understand this team needs help defensively as well but there is nothing out there that is going to improve this team dramatically. I wanted Alex Edler in the summer, he was a guy who I would of really liked but at this point in time there isn't any one out there close to Alex Edler's ability. Sure Del Zotto and Jake Gardiner's name are floating out there but there more skilled soft puck moving defenseman. We need a reliable stay-at-home type of defenseman perhaps the closest thing to that is being talked about is Trevor Daley from the Stars. Even though Daley is a good player, he wouldn't solidify our defense and neither would Del Zotto or Gardiner for the matter and our offense would still lack goals. I just think there is nobody out there who can really improve our defense at this point. I think you try and improve this defense next year in FA or with a trade as we know Yzerman has the pieces. I think you need to acquire more offense or else this team isn't going nowhere. You acquire more offense and you hope the D and Bish can get by like they did to begin the season. I suppose that is a dangerous way to live but what are there options? At the end of the day, they were living that way with a healthy Stamkos so what's the difference? Yzerman has to make some moves to improve the offense.
I agree with danny here unless the deal with alex edler opens up again there is nothing out there right now! Kucherov needs to be brought up we are the NHL club and have a good chance to make the playoffs this year! we need help to do that! Mike Cammalleri needs to be traded for I think yzerman can make this happen. These two moves can help replace the production of stamkos! Connolly needs to go back to the wing because he is not a center in the nhl. A 3rd round draft pick and a prospect should do it to get Cammalleri he is in his last year they won't get much more then that.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I hope they don't go your route my friend, with all due respect. Maybe you didn't fully read the post above yours or maybe you didn't live here when the Rays brought in all that heavy hitting. Well I was & it was a waste of time, money & I believe it's still why they don't bring in sellout crowds. Bolt, Todd did you guys live here when the Rays had all the guns on deck but no pitching staff nor a very good defense? If you were, am I right? Did all that fire power get the Rays to the playoffs? It wasn't until they got decent hitters, really good pitchers & a very good, efficient defense that they started making playoff progress? I don't want the Bolts to go through the same set backs. Spend a ton of money on the offense & go cheap on D because your almost capped out? Nah Danny, I have to respectfully disagree. We already have a ton of talented, fast & gifted forwards. Doobs can't believe our depth (I think he had posted that here in this forum). They just need to start shooting the puck on net & bum-rushing it, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't take "just" snipers to shoot.
Yes I was here when the Rays had no pitching. Right now guys are playing out of there roles! like connolly and Killorn. We understand the lightning need to address the defense! but that won't be able to happen till the offseason. Until then you bring up Kucherov and trade for Cammalleri to jump start this offense then guys like connolly and killorn can go back to there normal roles. Are team defense did work while stamkos was playing with us.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the forwards Tampa has - the issue is going to be defense - they'll still be able to score some goals, they just need to play cohesively as a group defensively - teams that end up playing well when all is set and done have good team defense, Tampa has to stick to that

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know why they don't call up Nikita Kucherov? Seems that with Stamkos out, the #1 issue to address should be scoring, and as it stands, Kucherov is 2nd in the AHL in scoring with 13 goals, 11 assists, & 24 points in 15 games.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know why they don't call up Nikita Kucherov? Seems that with Stamkos out, the #1 issue to address should be scoring, and as it stands, Kucherov is 2nd in the AHL in scoring with 13 goals, 11 assists, & 24 points in 15 games.
Yes it's because yzerman likes to play guys at least one year in the AHL before being called up to the NHL. He did that with Connolly last season and it seems he will do it with Kucherov this season. He does not like bringing players up to fast at all. Tyler Johnson, Richard Panik, Palat, Killorn and Connolly all were brought along slow. The main thing he wants is his prospects playing top line min's like with Drouin in juniors and kucherov with the crunch. I think he learned that lesson when connolly spent one extra year in juniors and then made the lightning and played line 4 min's because he was not nhl ready. Would not shock me if drouin is playing in juniors again next year yzerman does not rush young players to the nhl.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's because yzerman likes to play guys at least one year in the AHL before being called up to the NHL. He did that with Connolly last season and it seems he will do it with Kucherov this season. He does not like bringing players up to fast at all. Tyler Johnson, Richard Panik, Palat, Killorn and Connolly all were brought along slow. The main thing he wants is his prospects playing top line min's like with Drouin in juniors and kucherov with the crunch. I think he learned that lesson when connolly spent one extra year in juniors and then made the lightning and played line 4 min's because he was not nhl ready. Would not shock me if drouin is playing in juniors again next year yzerman does not rush young players to the nhl.

But what about other than that, are there any rules that keep Kucherov in the minors just in case the Ning ever want to make the call?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what about other than that, are there any rules that keep Kucherov in the minors just in case the Ning ever want to make the call?
No Kucherov is under contract with the lightning this year and the next two years. If yzerman wants him he can call him up to tampa anytime he wants to.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Kucherov is under contract with the lightning this year and the next two years. If yzerman wants him he can call him up to tampa anytime he wants to.

I think they should keep that option open just in case.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should keep that option open just in case.
I doubt yzerman will call him up unless St.louis get injuried or another big injury. He is going to keep Vladislav Namestnikov and Nikita Kucherov in the AHL together all season I would bet.