• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happens to Vasilevski?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know goalies to quite a while to develop but Vasilevski was meant to be the goalie of the future the day he was drafted but has that changed? Vasilevski is the bolts # 2 prospect and I think his future with the bolts is unclear at this point due to Bishop's play. I think Bish could well be the # 1 of the future who turns 27 later this month which is pretty young for a goalie regarding how long they can play for. Trading Vasilevski could be a possibility, Lightning look fine in goal going forward, they have Bish and Lindy plus the likes of Adam Wilcox and Kristers Gudlevskis in the system. I think Yzerman envisioned Bish and Lindy just getting us by until Vasilevski had developed but that doesn't seem to be the case now. This is somewhat big because Vasilevski could a huge piece in a deal if Yzerman wants to make one, he's one of the better if not the best young goalie prospect in the NHL. If Bish keeps this up and shows he's the # 1 of the future I think Yzerman could look to deal Vasilevski as part of a deal to improve the defense and Vasilevski would be a major "trade chip", seriously he has the potential to be one of the better goalies in the NHL. I know this is a bit random but i'd like your thoughts, what would you think of a deal for Byfuglien with Vasilevski in? I think Big Buff and Hedman would be a sick # 1 D pairing.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would ask for Zach Bogosian or Toby Enstrom instead of Buff, for Vasilevski - I love Zach Bogosian's game(still very young) and Toby Enstrom has strong offensive instincts

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's still young (just turned 19). Usually takes a while for goalies to be NHL ready regardless of their talent. I wouldn't expect him to make his NHL debut for another 2 years, even if the Lightning didn't have Biship. I would be patient with him. If they are being patient with Jonathan Drouin, I think you gotta be even more patient with Andrei Vasilevski. Dmen & goalies usually take some time to come up.

BTW, wouldn't trade him. I think a lot of teams that trade for goalies want a proven goalie before they give top trade value. Bishop has been great, but that doesn't mean Vasilevski has no future with the team. 2 goalie system is very beneficial IMO.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know goalies to quite a while to develop but Vasilevski was meant to be the goalie of the future the day he was drafted but has that changed? Vasilevski is the bolts # 2 prospect and I think his future with the bolts is unclear at this point due to Bishop's play. I think Bish could well be the # 1 of the future who turns 27 later this month which is pretty young for a goalie regarding how long they can play for. Trading Vasilevski could be a possibility, Lightning look fine in goal going forward, they have Bish and Lindy plus the likes of Adam Wilcox and Kristers Gudlevskis in the system. I think Yzerman envisioned Bish and Lindy just getting us by until Vasilevski had developed but that doesn't seem to be the case now. This is somewhat big because Vasilevski could a huge piece in a deal if Yzerman wants to make one, he's one of the better if not the best young goalie prospect in the NHL. If Bish keeps this up and shows he's the # 1 of the future I think Yzerman could look to deal Vasilevski as part of a deal to improve the defense and Vasilevski would be a major "trade chip", seriously he has the potential to be one of the better goalies in the NHL. I know this is a bit random but i'd like your thoughts, what would you think of a deal for Byfuglien with Vasilevski in? I think Big Buff and Hedman would be a sick # 1 D pairing.
no need to worry about trading Vasilevski right now he will be are starter in the AHL next season.