• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

West Coast wind-down continues.....Seattle 9/19-21

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell DT.....we could certainly be wrong. Look how this season has played out.

I'm probably more shocked by how the manager has stuck with him for EVERY game and EVERY play in EVERY game than anything.....Never seen a player who earned a sit-down anymore than Odor yet he not only plays in 100% of the games, he plays 100% of the plays in each game too. Whatever happened to late inning, defensive replacements?

Ya know, we're still harboring ill feelings about Washington not sitting Cruz in Lew of Kitten Face in the WS aren't we?
It's called not wanting to embarrassing FO over the extension contract.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called not wanting to embarrassing FO over the extension contract.

But ya know what? Won't we both be delighted if we have to eat our words when Odor blossoms? ha

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have several very good points. Don't mean that to sound like I'm surprised or anything of the sorts though. ha ha ha....Very good post.

Even you're point on Odor being "without pressure" is probably right on. I was just hoping so much that Profar could get his chance @ 2nd, with Odor moving to LF. But in hindsight, that was probably not much more than a dream.

Now, I gotta disagree with your last sentence. I don't think the team will steer the course through 2018 "if"he shows to be duplicating 2017. Just can't imagine this.
If we trade Profar this offseason then who replaces Odor if he falters again next year? Who, that is, that can be expected to hit significantly better then Odor?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade Profar this offseason then who replaces Odor if he falters again next year? Who, that is, that can be expected to hit significantly better then Odor?
May be a trade-off. Less errors for less hits. IDK

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure who it is? But I'm honestly not sure I care who gets the "opportunity" if he continues to be a horrid hitter, and the worst 2nd baseman in the game.....Right now, I view this guy as a negative in the lineup, day-in-out. Why wouldn't he be?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there with the silverware :dhd:

You'd be "licking your chops" on that one wouldn't ya? Don't blame ya at all really.

I know it may seem I'm routing against Odor when I'm actually not. What I'm doing/trying to do, is just be realistic about what I'm seeing/have seen, and react in accordance.

Tell ya what. When, or is that if?, I have to eat crow about Odor, go kill as many big ones as you can......I'll eat as many as I can.....And I'll not bitch once.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why they didn't send Odor to AAA at some point this season to see if they couldn't fix his swing, like they did last year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why they didn't send Odor to AAA at some point this season to see if they couldn't fix his swing, like they did last year.
See frame #61

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be "licking your chops" on that one wouldn't ya? Don't blame ya at all really.

I know it may seem I'm routing against Odor when I'm actually not. What I'm doing/trying to do, is just be realistic about what I'm seeing/have seen, and react in accordance.

Tell ya what. When, or is that if?, I have to eat crow about Odor, go kill as many big ones as you can......I'll eat as many as I can.....And I'll not bitch once.

Your opinion is shared by the majority, there's no question.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the only thing holding Odor back is maturity. He knows he can hit the long ball and got mileage from the Bautista punch and on top of that a contract extension which was a mistake imo. Put all that together and he has not been able to handle it. When he gets there, if he does, he can be the player we would love to have. He has played everyday and should realize the support he's gotten from Banister. If not maturity, then what?:noidea:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts to see Adrian trying to run the bases. He never quits leading his team through the pain.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Self, nobody's talking. Noticed that DT. Little sleep won't hurt. Night DT. Night Self.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Self, nobody's talking. Noticed that DT. Little sleep won't hurt. Night DT. Night Self.

Sorry.....I got sidetracked.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraley: When he did the extension in the spring of '15 - I think it was - and he asked them point blank, 'Are we still going for it or are we rebuilding?'

They told him point blank, 'Every year you're here, we're going for it.'

So, he trusted them. And they won in '15 and they won in '16. Then, he sees this move [trading away Yu Darvish], and he's got to wonder, 'Well, have they changed their plan?'

And I think the Rangers owe it to Beltre if they're not going for it, they got to go to Beltre this winter and explain it to him and [ask] do you want to be traded? They owe him that much.

Horn: But don't they have to almost trade him at this point? What is his worth? Oft-injured. If you're rebuilding a team, do you want Adrian Beltre there?

Fraley: You want him as a coach or a manager, but I don't think he would fit in as a player if you're rebuilding.

Now, I don't think they're going to do a Houston rebuilding. They've got too many young guys - Gallo, Martin Perez. But if he sees a bleak future, if he sees Houston that much better than them, I think they owe it to him to talk about the situation this winter.

Sherrington: Who plays third base [without Beltre]?

Fraley: There's no full-time third baseman, but you've got to plan on I think only 80 games out of [Beltre] next year at third - max. And maybe it's [Will] Middlebrooks, who if he stays healthy, is a pretty decent player. His problem is not ability. His problem is staying healthy. He's had nothing but injuries ever since he broke in at Boston. But there's a bat there.

Do you play Drew Robinson at third some? I don't know, he might be the center fielder next year. You just can't count on Beltre for 125 games at third anymore.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazingly, the Rangers won and gained a game on the 3 teams that were in front of them. Now 3.5 back and Magic Number holds fast at 9.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he trusted them. And they won in '15 and they won in '16. Then, he sees this move [trading away Yu Darvish], and he's got to wonder, 'Well, have they changed their plan?'

That's the very definition of a click-bait article. The Rangers were built to "go for it" for this season. Things happened beyond FO control. Trading Yu was what needed to be done for the good of the franchise (getting something back IF he doesn't return via free agency).

Fraley doesn't need to wander into the "what the Rangers need to do to respect Beltre" conversation. The Rangers know more than he could possibly fathom.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraley: When he did the extension in the spring of '15 - I think it was - and he asked them point blank, 'Are we still going for it or are we rebuilding?'

They told him point blank, 'Every year you're here, we're going for it.'

And I think the Rangers owe it to Beltre if they're not going for it, they got to go to Beltre this winter and explain it to him and [ask] do you want to be traded? They owe him that much.

Horn: But don't they have to almost trade him at this point? What is his worth? Oft-injured. If you're rebuilding a team, do you want Adrian Beltre there?

Fraley: You want him as a coach or a manager, but I don't think he would fit in as a player if you're rebuilding.

Now, I don't think they're going to do a Houston rebuilding. They've got too many young guys - Gallo, Martin Perez. But if he sees a bleak future, if he sees Houston that much better than them, I think they owe it to him to talk about the situation this winter.

Sherrington: Who plays third base [without Beltre]?

Fraley: There's no full-time third baseman, but you've got to plan on I think only 80 games out of [Beltre] next year at third - max. And maybe it's [Will] Middlebrooks, who if he stays healthy, is a pretty decent player. His problem is not ability. His problem is staying healthy. He's had nothing but injuries ever since he broke in at Boston. But there's a bat there.

Do you play Drew Robinson at third some? I don't know, he might be the center fielder next year. You just can't count on Beltre for 125 games at third anymore.
I don't think JD has another rebuild left in him as long as he is here.

Note to Fraley: Gallo would play 3B you big dummy.