• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

West Coast wind-down continues.....Seattle 9/19-21

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jamey Newberg this morning.

The Dodgers are in Philadelphia right now. A Rangers fan who lives there ran into Yu Darvish yesterday. He was wearing a Rangers cap.

(The fan. Not Darvish.)

And when Darvish saw the Rangers fan in the Rangers cap, he apparently said: “Texas!”

(Darvish. Not the fan.)

Incidentally, I don’t follow that Rangers fan on Twitter.

I saw his tweet because Yu Darvish retweeted it.

Interesting.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't assign any blame or disappointment to Napoli. He has performed EXACTLY as he was projected to.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't assign any blame or disappointment to Napoli. He has performed EXACTLY as he was projected to.
Hopefully they expected more than .193/.285

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd flip-flop Perez and Lucroy myself. But I'm a little biased. And I'd have Profar @ #6.
I would have a hard time putting very much blame on a third of a LF which is what they were asking from Profar.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, I think one of the best things that happened to the club this year was Beltre's early injury. Had that not happened Gallo would probably have never been given an extended period of everyday play to prove himself. If that had not happened Joey would probably be lumped together by most fans with Profar and Rua. The organization might have viewed him is a similar fashion. Who knows, if they had opened the season with Profar at 3B like most of us wanted Joey's and Jurickson's current perceived value to the franchise might be flip-flopped in most folk's minds.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, I think one of the best things that happened to the club this year was Beltre's early injury. Had that not happened Gallo would probably have never been given an extended period of everyday play to prove himself. If that had not happened Joey would probably be lumped together by most fans with Profar and Rua. The organization might have viewed him is a similar fashion. Who knows, if they had opened the season with Profar at 3B like most of us wanted Joey's and Jurickson's current perceived value to the franchise might be flip-flopped in most folk's minds.
perhaps

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have a hard time putting very much blame on a third of a LF which is what they were asking from Profar.

Granted.....But my disappointment stems from what he didn't do at AAA which could have put himself in a more advantageous trade position, and or, put pressure on the organization to utilize him at 2nd base. Besides this, he didn't handle his demotion well at all, and I always understood one of his value points was his attitude.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how anyone could have, especially the front office.

If this front office can look us fans in the face and say, "We were expecting Nap to hit .193" that should be a fire-able offense IMO.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted.....But my disappointment stems from what he didn't do at AAA which could have put himself in a more advantageous trade position, and or, put pressure on the organization to utilize him at 2nd base. Besides this, he didn't handle his demotion well at all, and I always understood one of his value points was his attitude.
I understand fans being disappointed in his attitude once he was sent down, but the article that started the discussion spoke of things that are related to the big league club as it focuses on the record as being under .500 with no postseason hopes. I think as far as Stefan Stevenson's pointing fingers at certain players the players were ranked on their contributions for the big league club. Now, in an organizational-wide ranking I can understand Profar being considered, but that is not the kind of rankings that started this particular discussion.

There was not going to be any pressure put on Odor. The contract guarantees that at least through this year and probably next year as well. The team made up its mind when they started contract negotiations. Odor is at 2B to stay for quite some time regardless of output.

Profar had an OPS of .811 at AAA so he did fairly well there. We may not think it should matter to them, but some players who have been up to the big leagues falter to a degree when they are sent back down. That is what happened to DeShields last year when he was sent down. His numbers at Round Rock were about the same in 2016 as they were in 2015 with the Rangers. You would have thought he would have hit much better at AAA than up here the year before, but he didn't. DeShields' OPS last year at Round Rock was almost 100 points lower than Profar's was this season at Round Rock. Player's numbers when they are sent back down are not always that great compared to how we think they should be. Jared Hoying's numbers in AAA were a lot worse this year compared to most of his previous stints at AAA after getting a taste of the big leagues last season. It is the disappointment-effect and it affects a lot of them.

As far as his trade value goes that all lays at the feet of management in my opinion.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this front office can look us fans in the face and say, "We were expecting Nap to hit .193" that should be a fire-able offense IMO.

Maybe saying they "expected" him to hit .193 is a bit much. A more accurate way to express my point is that it certainly shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that he's hitting .193.

Signing him for 2017 at all was a mistake, and I've felt that way from the get go.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was not going to be any pressure put on Odor. The contract guarantees that at least through this year and probably next year as well. The team made up its mind when they started contract negotiations. Odor is at 2B to stay for quite some time regardless of output.

You have several very good points. Don't mean that to sound like I'm surprised or anything of the sorts though. ha ha ha....Very good post.

Even you're point on Odor being "without pressure" is probably right on. I was just hoping so much that Profar could get his chance @ 2nd, with Odor moving to LF. But in hindsight, that was probably not much more than a dream.

Now, I gotta disagree with your last sentence. I don't think the team will steer the course through 2018 "if"he shows to be duplicating 2017. Just can't imagine this.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have several very good points. Don't mean that to sound like I'm surprised or anything of the sorts though. ha ha ha....Very good post.

Even you're point on Odor being "without pressure" is probably right on. I was just hoping so much that Profar could get his chance @ 2nd, with Odor moving to LF. But in hindsight, that was probably not much more than a dream.

Now, I gotta disagree with your last sentence. I don't think the team will steer the course through 2018 "if"he shows to be duplicating 2017. Just can't imagine this.
That would not bode well for FO. I can't put much stock in that either.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would not bode well for FO. I can't put much stock in that either.

Hell DT.....we could certainly be wrong. Look how this season has played out.

I'm probably more shocked by how the manager has stuck with him for EVERY game and EVERY play in EVERY game than anything.....Never seen a player who earned a sit-down anymore than Odor yet he not only plays in 100% of the games, he plays 100% of the plays in each game too. Whatever happened to late inning, defensive replacements?

Ya know, we're still harboring ill feelings about Washington not sitting Cruz in Lew of Kitten Face in the WS aren't we?