• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alstot was like 6' 240 yeah. Good ole chucky

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, thought this topic might be an interesting discussion now that both QB's are playing well and both teams are at top in NFC.

Does anyone think the Rams should've still taken Wentz over Goff, or has Goff's play this season changed your mind?

Personally, I think it's about a wash. Wentz offers a bit more with his ability to scramble, so you could argue that gives him an edge.

Maybe the answer will come in 2 weeks when they play each other.

What are your guys thoughts 1 1/2 years later?
The change in coaches came 4 years too late. And we are seeing what the difference in coaching is.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight SJ76. McVay is turning the Rams into a powerhouse right before our eyes and once Phillips gets the nose tackle problem with Tanziel Smart fixed, we will be damn tough!!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now ill give the edge to Wentz, but im wondering if he could handle the pressure goff had to deal with, with fischer

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D now is better overall than the GSOT days IMO.

That defense benefitted from the offense being such a juggernaut that the opposing offense didn't have a choice but to pass to catch up. Therefore, the DL could pin their ears back and get after the QB on pretty much every play and the LB's could roam a bit more without the threat of a run.

This D just has a knack for 1) getting after the QB regardless of the game situation and 2) creating TO's in key situations.

It took a few games to get there, but if the Rams played the Skins and Hawks now versus earlier, I thing the results would have been quite different.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to find the appropriate thread from thread history and reviving it for discussion now, LTRF! Excellent!! You are the man!!

That was me, Retro.

I knew there was an old thread from before the draft that year and didn't want to start a new thread just to compare the two QB's 1 1/2 years later.

Anyways, like most, I hated the trade at the time as I felt they were making the same mistake they did when they took Bradford- drafting a QB before fixing a bad OL.

Had they not managed to get Whitworth, Sullivan/Blythe, we may still be having that discussion despite McVay's offense.

Whitworth and Sullivan/Blythe have been that big of a difference to this offense as evidenced on the time Goff has to throw and the holes Gurley has to run through.

I could make a serious argument for Whitworth as the MVP of the offense, he has meant that much to it's success compared to the turnstile they used to employ.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm positive if we drafted Wentz (which was my preference) and the Eagles traded up for Goff, that Wentz would have struggled under Fisher and Goff would have flourished under Pederson ( a quarterbacks coach).

Obviously, I'm thrilled with Goff's performance and I think we are all fans of Wentz and his success.

It just goes to show how bad Hue Jackson's judgement of QB's is. RG3 and then pass on Wentz, Prescott, and Watson. Jackson is horrible and couldn't develop a polaroid film!

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now ill give the edge to Wentz, but im wondering if he could handle the pressure goff had to deal with, with fischer
Pressure? Are you kidding? La hardly cares about sports. In Phila, sports are a religion. The fans know and understand the sports.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry ALR. I sometimes get you and LTRF confused. Nonetheless, that move just shows everyone that you and LTRF consistently use your heads before posting and starting threads and we in the Moderator business know and appreciate it!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember our concerns about Goff taking the ball from center, those concerns didn't last long. And none of us cared much for the trade to get Goff. Now we know it was worth it.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D now is better overall than the GSOT days IMO.

That defense benefitted from the offense being such a juggernaut that the opposing offense didn't have a choice but to pass to catch up. Therefore, the DL could pin their ears back and get after the QB on pretty much every play and the LB's could roam a bit more without the threat of a run.

This D just has a knack for 1) getting after the QB regardless of the game situation and 2) creating TO's in key situations.

It took a few games to get there, but if the Rams played the Skins and Hawks now versus earlier, I thing the results would have been quite different.

I think this D is also better, it also helps to have a great DC too. This Defense starts on the defensive line, DeMarco Farr was good but Aaron Donald is a future hall of famer. The Defensive ends are better in 99 as opposed to this group talent wise, yet because of Aaron Donald he helps other be more productive.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in that draft, I think we were all pissed off when the trade happened(Even V-Mike):pound:
It was the trade that pissed me off. Thought we could have Sean in there starting. To LTRF'S point, could have still ended up with a Mc Vay hire without the trade, and I'm not convinced the QB whisperer wouldn't have Sean balling out right now either.

Trading two No 1's plus when you have a big pocket passing, record setting QB on the roster for another big pocket passing, record setting QB in the draft is still head shaking for me.

Imagine having those two first rouders on the roster now with, say Sean as our starter and Case as our backup. What did we give up in first round talent alone, a 15 & a 2?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Hundley, I think the dude just needs more actual in game playing time, sort of like what we saw with Goff.

Packers coach should look at creating better tempo for Brett, he had similar success at UCLA when the tempo was fast.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the trade that pissed me off. Thought we could have Sean in there starting. To LTRF'S point, could have still ended up with a Mc Vay hire without the trade, and I'm not convinced the QB whisperer wouldn't have Sean balling out right now either.

Trading two No 1's plus when you have a big pocket passing, record setting QB on the roster for another big pocket passing, record setting QB in the draft is still head shaking for me.

Imagine having those two first rouders on the roster now with, say Sean as our starter and Case as our backup. What did we give up in first round talent alone, a 15 & a 2?

A 16 and 10 I think

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, it was a 5th this year.

So, a 16th and a 5th plus the mid 2nd