• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, my iPhone 3G is now a piece of shit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DISCLAIMER: THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IPHONE 4'S ANTENNA DESIGN FLAW. PLEASE DON'T BRING IT UP AND INADVERTENTLY HIJACK THE THREAD. I REPEAT, THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IPHONE 4'S ANTENNA DESIGN FLAW. PLEASE DON'T BRING IT UP.

If you have not updated your iPhone's firmware to 4.0.1, DO NOT DO IT.

I freakin loved my iPhone up until a few days ago. I always had great service, and I always had a fast internet connection.

We'll... I needed to download a database app from the App Store on my phone. When I tried, a message popped up that I needed to update the firmware of my phone to 4.0.1 in order to use this app.

So I did.

My bars went from 5 to 1 or 2, and calls are dropping constantly. Apple says that I've always had only 1 or 2 bars - the new firmware just gives you a more accurate reading. I SAY BULLSHIT! I've hardly ever had dropped calls. I always had great signal strength. Now my phone sucks. Dropped calls - no internet connection - can't make calls from places where I always made calls.

We all know that Apple/AT&T oversold AT&T's network. That's why they stopped letting people sign up for unlimited data transfer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/03/technology/companies/03att.html

I can't prove it, but I know that Apple released this new firmware, 4.0.1 with the intent to decrease the iPhone's antenna in order to make more room for more iPhones on AT&T's saturated network.

So, they decrease the quality of their product in order to sell more?

This decision will cost them.

crackphone.jpg

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's because you still have the 3G... you probably need the 3GS for it to really work

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is interesting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's because you still have the 3G... you probably need the 3GS for it to really work

Oh really? Perhaps you should be the CEO of Apple - then maybe I wouldn't have this problem.

Itunes asked me to update to 4.0.1 every single time I synched with my computer. iTunes knows, with 100% accuracy, which phone I have. It begged me every fucking day to update the phone's firmware to 4.0.1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything apple makes is a piece of shit.

That's not true. I'm not the Apple type either, but I really loved this phone. It was flawless. I had the internet in my pocket - without fail. It seems like never had dropped calls - ever.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Perhaps you should be the CEO of Apple - then maybe I wouldn't have this problem.

Itunes asked me to update to 4.0.1 every single time I synched with my computer. iTunes knows, with 100% accuracy, which phone I have. It begged me every fucking day to update the phone's firmware to 4.0.1.

hmmm

i don't have an iPhone, so i can't really help you out a whole lot... also, i still haven't updated my computer's OS to Leopard... i'm cool with just leaving things the way they are

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. I'm not the Apple type either, but I really loved this phone. It was flawless. I had the internet in my pocket - without fail. It seems like never had dropped calls - ever.

sounds like my phone.

and i know iphones are good, but apple will always find a way to fuck you.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i say anything about microsoft?

well considering those are the two main companies out there, i was just comparing them to let you know that Apple isn't so shitty if you compare them to Microsoft

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm

i don't have an iPhone, so i can't really help you out a whole lot... also, i still haven't updated my computer's OS to Leopard... i'm cool with just leaving things the way they are

Well, I know a lot about this phone. There's nothing that I can do about it. That's what pisses me off.

I guess I didn't give anyone here the big picture of what's going on. Almost everyone that owns a 3G and updated their firmware to 4.0.1 at Apple's request has this problem - not just me.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well considering those are the two main companies out there, i was just comparing them to let you know that Apple isn't so shitty if you compare them to Microsoft

The comparisson fails because you chose to use Vista instead of Windows 7. Now here is one to consider:
Desktop | Ubuntu

At least Microsoft will admit its flaws unlike Apple. And I'm not talking about just the latest iPhone either. Doesn't really matter to me though, my dream machine is the new IBM mainframe. :D