• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welker suspended 4 games.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know.......he failed the test in May and has gone through the entire appeal process and was ruled against today. It was announced about 6:30 PM this evening. According to CBS Radio Boston, it was for anphetamines and Adderrol.

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the only way he could keep up with Manning's genius.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked... thought he was pretty straight laced.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is back-tracking on the Adderrol. From all of the reports and the morning talk shows, Welker denies that he knowingly took anphetamines. Sounds like every other player who's been caught.....Someone slipped it into my drink. What is coming out this morning is that the anphetamine was mixed with a drug called "Molly". Otherwise known as 'Ecstasy'.

Remember back in May when Wes got an extra $14,000 from his winning ticket at the Kentucky Derby and started giving away $100 bills?? They asked him to give back the money and he just said no. Sounds like he couldn't say no to something else.

Now he's committed to changng the NFL drug policy procedure to protect other players and teams from being wrongly charged.

Wes....you took the drugs to help you through the off season drag of workouts. The Molly made you feel better about spending 2-3 hours in the gym every day. You got caught. Take your suspension and give your head a rest.......along with your mouth. Claiming the league has problems doing the drug testing may make the tests even more stringent and the penalties worse. Using Von Miller's lawyer for your appeal probably didn't help much either.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why they think it's ok just cause it's not "performance enhancing" it's illegal drugs... You are not an average citizens.. You take drugs.. You get caught you get in trouble...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt the 4 game suspension mean this was his 2nd time correct.he must of failed with the pats

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I would never knowingly....", what a crap statement. Just say I never took it and I don't know why it's in my system.... Nothing worse than words processed by a lawyer when regular words work just fine.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised he hasn't blamed Brady for putting something in his drink at the Derby.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is back-tracking on the Adderrol. From all of the reports and the morning talk shows, Welker denies that he knowingly took anphetamines. Sounds like every other player who's been caught.....Someone slipped it into my drink. What is coming out this morning is that the anphetamine was mixed with a drug called "Molly". Otherwise known as 'Ecstasy'.

Remember back in May when Wes got an extra $14,000 from his winning ticket at the Kentucky Derby and started giving away $100 bills?? They asked him to give back the money and he just said no. Sounds like he couldn't say no to something else.

Now he's committed to changng the NFL drug policy procedure to protect other players and teams from being wrongly charged.

Wes....you took the drugs to help you through the off season drag of workouts. The Molly made you feel better about spending 2-3 hours in the gym every day. You got caught. Take your suspension and give your head a rest.......along with your mouth. Claiming the league has problems doing the drug testing may make the tests even more stringent and the penalties worse. Using Von Miller's lawyer for your appeal probably didn't help much either.

You realize the team has a team lawyer that most of the players use right? Having a player have the same lawyer as another player is not that uncommon.

Actually as a Bronco fan it does suck to see him suspended, but at the same time most of us Bronco fans were hoping Wes would sit out a few weeks after this last concussion so this at least forces him to stay off the field. Need him healthy for the playoffs not the first quarter of the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every profesional player says the same thing......."I don't know how that drug got into my body. My body is a temple. I'd never take anything that would do it harm." Mark Maguire, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Lance Armstrong.............None of them took anything. Except a pinch of something that made them just a little better at their sport than the idiot who refuses to take anything.

Less than 50 years ago, I played high school football. 6'2" 166 lbs and I played middle linebacker. I was a tackling missle for four years. If I didn't make 200 tackles I didn't make 2. I came off the field sore as hell many times, but the only thing I took was Bayer Aspirin............Tylenol and Neproxum Sodium hadn't been discovered. I don't think I could make a high school team at that size today.

Have you seen the latest football movie that's playing right now? "When the Game Stands Tall"
DeLaSalle High School in Concord CA. had a 151-0 win streak before they lost two in a row. They had to play Cal Poly in game three. Cal had an offensive line where not one lineman weighed less than 300 lbs. It's worth more than the price of admission. I took my grandson so he could see the ugly side of football and the best side also.

We wonder why guys do drugs? Here's where it starts. If you want to play with the big guys, you best be big yourself.