• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

See Ya Vic

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much of a fire the coach guy, mostly because the issues appear to be deeper than that, but this doesn't surprise me at all. There are a few defensive background head coaches that are doing well, but in the current NFL it seems to me that the offensive background guys tend to do better.

I'm going to guess that he will be hired as a DC by some other team if he wants to continue coaching, so he won't be unemployed for long.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buh-bye! Just glad Shurmur is gone too. Worst OC in Denver history. And that’s who Fangio wanted to hitch his wagon to for some reason.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm waiting for an older guy that wants to retire to just blast the hell out of every organization he has ever worked for and the NFL. Just go on a verbal rampage and burn every bridge ever built....probably never happen, but we all have dreams

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder how many people think Hackett is actual HC material and how many are considering him on the principle of "please bring Aaron Rodgers with you."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their extremely talented but I can only laugh when someone assumes a decade in THIS team sport

I mean sure.

But a franchise 2 young throw first franchise QBs in the division is an awfully tough hurdle.

I would bet on Chiefs or Chargers to win the division until Denver or Oakland has a QB to rival.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean sure.

But a franchise 2 young throw first franchise QBs in the division is an awfully tough hurdle.

I would bet on Chiefs or Chargers to win the division until Denver or Oakland has a QB to rival.

Oakland, that's so 2018...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not wrong. But being a bad QB evaluator is not exactly a great flaw to have, to say the least.
This is true but to be fair to Elway, this flaw is pretty commonplace among GMs around the league. Only a handful get it right and a lot of that is luck and having the right pieces around these guys. For every Herbert home run, there's about 5 Daniel Jones soft grounders.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but to be fair to Elway, this flaw is pretty commonplace among GMs around the league. Only a handful get it right and a lot of that is luck and having the right pieces around these guys. For every Herbert home run, there's about 5 Daniel Jones soft grounders.
The thing is it was pretty clear Daniel Jones and Drew Lock were high probability busts from a mile away. It's like swinging a foot outside of the zone and cursing your luck that you feebly grounded to the pitcher. At some point you just made a clown decision, imo. I do agree NFL teams are bad at this, I don't think it's much of a defense when guys like Lock and Jones go within the first 100 picks.

Between Lynch, Lock, and Osweiler, they've had way more chances than most FO's get.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much of a fire the coach guy, mostly because the issues appear to be deeper than that, but this doesn't surprise me at all. There are a few defensive background head coaches that are doing well, but in the current NFL it seems to me that the offensive background guys tend to do better.

I'm going to guess that he will be hired as a DC by some other team if he wants to continue coaching, so he won't be unemployed for long.
I hope if a new regiem comes to Seattle, they get Vic to be DC. He is a top notch defensive mind.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say....redskins won last year when the best QB in the division was hurt. Hard to predict long term health

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is it was pretty clear Daniel Jones and Drew Lock were high probability busts from a mile away. It's like swinging a foot outside of the zone and cursing your luck that you feebly grounded to the pitcher. At some point you just made a clown decision, imo.

Between Lynch, Lock, and Osweiler, they've had way more chances than most FO's get.
Yeah but that was just one example. Virtually nobody saw what Josh Allen could be either. Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold. Although most had sone doubts, the consensus was they were better. Goff and Wentz thought to be good picks and Dak a flash in the pan rookie and now Dak is the only one that's a top QB.
And it's not just a recent thing. Everybody passed on Montana and Brady multiple times. Or Russell Wilson. 95% of the time, it's a total crap shoot, imo. Too many variables in play and only a very small percentage of Andrew Lucks or Peyton Mannings that really live up to the hype.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say....redskins won last year when the best QB in the division was hurt. Hard to predict long term health

Yeah, but there isn’t a elite QB in the NFC East.

There are 2 in the AFC West.

Unlikely they both get hurt the same season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but there isn’t a elite QB in the NFC East.

There are 2 in the AFC West.

Unlikely they both get hurt the same season.
LOL
who went from best in the division to elite? Soooo redskin fan like too.

I won't pronounce the Chargers QB as elite. Great arm is a great tool but total body of work hasn't shown elite yet. May happen but like Allen, hasn't shown itself as we sit here today

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not his fault.

They never had a QB that did much with the offense.
It’s not ALL his fault, but he shoulders plenty of the blame. He has been HC for 3 years and has never gotten better, he still makes poor in game decisions and takes zero responsibility for his own actions. There are several issues with the Broncos right now, but the team definitely shed itself of one of those today.

I don’t necessarily think Drew Lock is starting QB material, but he was definitely 2 different QBs under Shurmur and under Scangarello. Fangio did nothing to develope the starter they selected in Lock. He did nothing to help Lock during his time here And he constantly threw him under the bus, publicly in the media.

I like Fangio for the most part, but he’s not HC material.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
who went from best in the division to elite? Soooo redskin fan like too.

I won't pronounce the Chargers QB as elite. Great arm is a great tool but total body of work hasn't shown elite yet. May happen but like Allen, hasn't shown itself as we sit here today

Herbert is better than Dak.

Elite might be a stretch. But he is on his way to that level, IMO.

The reason the NFC has a different champ every year is because there is no elite QB in the division. And there hasn’t been for a long time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert is better than Dak.

Elite might be a stretch. But he is on his way to that level, IMO.

The reason the NFC has a different champ every year is because there is no elite QB in the division. And there hasn’t been for a long time.
you keep trying to make this about Dak and all I said was he's the best QB in the division. I don't know how that could be disputed.

Two words I don't throw around carelessly when discussing sports.
1. Elite
2. Great

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is it was pretty clear Daniel Jones and Drew Lock were high probability busts from a mile away. It's like swinging a foot outside of the zone and cursing your luck that you feebly grounded to the pitcher. At some point you just made a clown decision, imo. I do agree NFL teams are bad at this, I don't think it's much of a defense when guys like Lock and Jones go within the first 100 picks.

Lynch, Lock, and Osweiler all had the same types of issues coming out, too. They all flashed potential in college but didnt come close to being finished products. I think they were all 2nd-3rd round type of prospects so I dont have a huge issue with them being drafted but how they went about it was all wrong. Generally if you're drafting a QB after rd1 you should just generally assume that they aren't the 'guy'.

The bigger issue was them taking Bradley Chubb and PS2. They were taking the safe pick to win some games when better QB prospects were right in front of them. I remember everyone praising the Chubb pick and I was just ecstatic that they didnt pick a QB