• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8: Virginia Tech @ Clemson (Oct. 20, 2012)

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bertstare-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2174.gif

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is overrated. They have a dynamic offense, which wins them style points with the voters, but their D is BAD. When your D is bad, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose some games that the rankings would indicate are big upsets. I'm not guaranteeing we'll win, but this is not the lost cause some people seem to think it is.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:yo:

Looking forward to watching this game guise; will be interesting to see the match ups between Clemson's inconsistent defense and VT's inconsistent offense. Seems like both have great moments then turn around on the next play and have a complete meltdown. I'm guessing the score will be close (10 points or less) unless someone breaks away late.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they shut VT down again this year then all doubt is removed from my mind that they're stealing signals. Right now there is only the tiniest bit of doubt

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to apologize now for the horror that will be displayed Saturday in Death Valley. Yes, I am talking about our uniforms. Our seniors have voted to dress like hollywood pimps and wear all purple. Please accept this apology from a Clemson traditionalist and others like me. We hate the purple jerseys and pants. And we certainly hate them worn all at once. :L

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to apologize now for the horror that will be displayed Saturday in Death Valley. Yes, I am talking about our uniforms. Our seniors have voted to dress like hollywood pimps and wear all purple. Please accept this apology from a Clemson traditionalist and others like me. We hate the purple jerseys and pants. And we certainly hate them worn all at once. :L

i think thats what you guys wore in 07 when i went to the game down there..

.. jacoby ford broke his leg on the first play and the hokies won convincingly, so i'm all for the purple people eater costumes :thumb:

p.s. it will be better than our white jerseys regardless. those things are hid.

edit: er wait, are we wearing the camo ones for this game? because those are alright.. the usual white ones are the ugly ones

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:popsnoidea: Not sure where you got that, but Dabo said in the Wednesday presser that the purple uniforms were a distraction and are not planned on being used at any point in the near future.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:popsnoidea: Not sure where you got that, but Dabo said in the Wednesday presser that the purple uniforms were a distraction and are not planned on being used at any point in the near future.

I mean, they look terrible, but 'a distraction?'

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
any injury news outta clemson? anyone out or banged up?

How about wang or farris, they still no go?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't think the team is missing anything with Wang out. I don't even think Newsome knows who his best players are. I really hate the guy and I'm hating Beamer more and more with every day that Newsome is still on the staff

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to hokiesports, Wang wasn't limited in contact for practice so he is probably good to go. I'd much rather Wang play than Arkema. An additional note, Conte is listed as a co-first teamer with Nick Becton at Left Tackle,also according to hokiesports, .

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wang and Arkema are both around 285-290. Via is a little over 300 but he's 6' 7" so he looks like a TE. That wouldn't be bad with Via but they've played him at guard before. The OGs should be the biggest, strongest mofo's on the team because they're going up against the biggest, strongest mofo's on the defense who are the DTs. Newsome doesn't know what he's doing when he's evaluating players. Oh and I can't wait to see how his next TE to OG project turns out with Kyle Chung. It will be at least 3 years before Chung is even physically ready to play the position. Well ready to play it by Newsome's low standards anyway. I can see Newsome still on the staff in 3 years. Beamer is a weak old man who can't fire anyone and wants to be surrounded by his buddies, incompetent or not

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The TE to OL thing is really awesome. You've got players who've never played the position coached by someone who's never played the position. LMAO. LMAO indeed

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wang and Arkema are both around 285-290. Via is a little over 300 but he's 6' 7" so he looks like a TE. That wouldn't be bad with Via but they've played him at guard before. The OGs should be the biggest, strongest mofo's on the team because they're going up against the biggest, strongest mofo's on the defense who are the DTs. Newsome doesn't know what he's doing when he's evaluating players. Oh and I can't wait to see how his next TE to OG project turns out with Kyle Chung. It will be at least 3 years before Chung is even physically ready to play the position. Well ready to play it by Newsome's low standards anyway. I can see Newsome still on the staff in 3 years. Beamer is a weak old man who can't fire anyone and wants to be surrounded by his buddies, incompetent or not
For some reason, our biggest olinemen always seem to be our tackles.