• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8- Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys but when my team wins I am happy.

Me too. I lost the last of my betting money when KC lost, yet my mood is very happy and cannot be changed.

And that’s going into the bye week, which means I’ll be happy for two straight weeks.

2 game win streak, get two weeks to prepare for Buffalo; at this rate, I’m ready to believe we’re about to make a playoff run…

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Blazers are in for a rough season as they rebuild but I love seeing the Kings and Nuggets do well.

Fox, Murray and Malik Monk on the Kings. Big fans. Iowa and Kentucky guys. ;)

Always good to beat the Lakers.

For Portland, Shadedon Sharpe has given me reason to be happy. Scoot Henderson has had a rough first 3 games but I know he will be really good in time.

My dad’s a big Blazers from. He’s from the PNW. That’s where I got my love of the Mariners from.

Hopefully they have a quick rebuild and don’t make the fans wait 17 years for a contender like Sacramento did…

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The opponent oftentimes is just yourself" - Sean Payton when addressing the ending of the losing streak vs KC and preparing for the game ..

Love that quote, and love this one even more:

"We're going to be in bigger games than that"

With the exception of the disaster in Miami, the Broncos have had a shot to win every game this season until the final possessions ..

I love Dan Reeeves, but Payton is up there with Shanny as the best HC this team has ever had .. Give him some time, and we'll be enjoying a few more SB championships when all is said and done

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely Joseph as they have worked together.

Fangio and Payton are good friends.

Payton was going to bring Fangio with him when he came but Fangio didn't wanna return so soon to the team that fired him.

He can call both but you can bet he will be calling Payton. They are close.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things about this game I want to bring up.

I don't think I have seen Denver play with this much energy since we won Super Bowl 50.

Browning, Bonitto, Simmons and Cooper brought a lot of energy on defense and I thought DJ Jones played one of his best games as a Bronco. I loved the beginning of the game on 3rd down when Bonitto pressured Mahomes and then yapped at him after the play resulting in Mahomes yappin back at Bonitto. Got to his head a bit. I loved the energy Bonitto showed on that first possession, felt it really set the tone for the rest of the game.

Another high energy guy and a guy playing VERY well right now is Quinn Meinerz. 100% effort guy. You saw him blocking, falling on the ground, getting back up and blocking some more. He'd block to the whistle and when KC players didn't appreciate it and give him an extra shove after the whistle, he didn't make the mistakes of shoving them back. True team player who puts the team above himself.

ENERGY! I loved the energy we showed this week.

I also love the passions a lot of fans (not all fans) are showing when we won this game. It's nice to see people happy and not negative.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things about this game I want to bring up.

I don't think I have seen Denver play with this much energy since we won Super Bowl 50.

Browning, Bonitto, Simmons and Cooper brought a lot of energy on defense and I thought DJ Jones played one of his best games as a Bronco. I loved the beginning of the game on 3rd down when Bonitto pressured Mahomes and then yapped at him after the play resulting in Mahomes yappin back at Bonitto. Got to his head a bit. I loved the energy Bonitto showed on that first possession, felt it really set the tone for the rest of the game.

Another high energy guy and a guy playing VERY well right now is Quinn Meinerz. 100% effort guy. You saw him blocking, falling on the ground, getting back up and blocking some more. He'd block to the whistle and when KC players didn't appreciate it and give him an extra shove after the whistle, he didn't make the mistakes of shoving them back. True team player who puts the team above himself.

ENERGY! I loved the energy we showed this week.

I also love the passions a lot of fans (not all fans) are showing when we won this game. It's nice to see people happy and not negative.
LOL - I saw Minerz pancaking guys 10 yards past the LOS - a number of times yesterday,

I certainly agree that the Bronco players brought a huge amount of energy into the game yesterday. The Oline and the RBs were really into it from the offensive side. Also - Courtland Sutton played like he really cared - which I haven't seen in about 4 years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the last two weeks Sutton has really stepped up.

thought Bolles, Meinerz and Cushenberry played really well yesterday, really the entire OL did

Russell took most of his sacks by hanging onto the ball too long. That will probably never change for him though. He has been doing that his entire career.

OL is so much better though.

I do want to see Marvin Mims get the ball more. I think that will help open things up even more for Sutton and Jeudy.

We probably won't get great TE play if Dulcich isn't healthy but our TE's are blocking pretty well.

Tremon Smith and Delarrin Turner-Yell remind me of back in the Super Bowl era when we had Omar Bolden and Kayvon Webster playing great on special teams.

I was sorta of wanting to cut Smith after PS but glad we kept him. He was worth the special teams money.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Broncos need to flip the losing culture in the locker room it looks like we need to flip the culture here in the forum. I don't know about you guys but when my team wins I am happy. Especially when we are only in week 9 and now sitting at 3-5 with signs of improvement. It doesn't mean we are going to the playoffs, the super bowl, anything like that but it does show that we have some stuff working in our favor for the first time in awhile. Continued improvement and and success are something to be happy about. Been enough negative energy with this team and fanbase for 7 years. Enjoy it! Continue to hope we continue to get better. Focus on positive things. We just beat the Chiefs...
Will Ferrell Frank The Tank GIF by Ben L

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the last two weeks Sutton has really stepped up.

thought Bolles, Meinerz and Cushenberry played really well yesterday, really the entire OL did

Russell took most of his sacks by hanging onto the ball too long. That will probably never change for him though. He has been doing that his entire career.

OL is so much better though.

I do want to see Marvin Mims get the ball more. I think that will help open things up even more for Sutton and Jeudy.

We probably won't get great TE play if Dulcich isn't healthy but our TE's are blocking pretty well.

Tremon Smith and Delarrin Turner-Yell remind me of back in the Super Bowl era when we had Omar Bolden and Kayvon Webster playing great on special teams.

I was sorta of wanting to cut Smith after PS but glad we kept him. He was worth the special teams money.
I’ll add that I like Bonito, Browning and Cooper (BBC) as pass rushers. All three have stood out at one time or another. They will only get better playing together.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Niemann promoted to the active roster when Brandon Johnson went on IR last week we had an open spot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lost I would have started a bye week thread. However, since the Win vs the Chiefs comes right before the bye week we can enjoy this one and use this as our bye week discussion thread too. ;)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills at home will be a tough one. But an upset win has the Broncos on a 3 game run and sitting at 4-5.

How different does our season feel if the Broncos pull this upset?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills at home will be a tough one. But an upset win has the Broncos on a 3 game run and sitting at 4-5.

How different does our season feel if the Broncos pull this upset?

I mean we already won the Super Bowl this past game so that would be a huge bonus. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I got a dime for every text I received from a Chiefs fan this week saying "Congrats on winning your Super Bowl", I would be a rich man. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we already won the Super Bowl this past game so that would be a huge bonus. ;)
Beating the Chiefs was the biggest victory since the Super Bowl win in 2015.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I got a dime for every text I received from a Chiefs fan this week saying "Congrats on winning your Super Bowl", I would be a rich man. ;)
I mean, they’re not wrong. Since that amazing win in 50 the Chiefs have been to 3 Super Bowls and won 2 of them. All that to go with their 16 straight wins over the Broncos.

But it’ll swing back around. Nothing lasts forever in the NFL. NFL = Not For Long