• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7: The Bungals

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is not that bad. He is playing against some great receivers lately. Would be nice if we had a corner that could shut down Green, Marshall, and Gordon but Houston is not that good.

I don't think he's bad at all. Just nowhere near the same ability level as Staff, relatively. He gets stuck defending #1's in man, and has Ashley Palmer on inside help in zone(today). That's a bitch of an assignment.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and McCourty was off the board for that Best pick.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCourty was clearly better than Houston.. Jackson is on par with Houston if not better.. Robinson would be the 2nd best CB on this team if not the best.. You are just overrating the secondary.. The only way this secondary holds, is if the D-Line is absolutely elite.. They were bad this game, but they are an average to above average D-Line on the season.. It's clear the secondary isn't up to par..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's bad at all. Just nowhere near the same ability level as Staff, relatively. He gets stuck defending #1's in man, and has Ashley Palmer on inside help in zone(today). That's a bitch of an assignment.

He's not a bad 2 and and ideal Nickel.. He is not a number 1 shutdown corner..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the opposite of rose colored glasses is going on here.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCourty was clearly better than Houston.. Jackson is on par with Houston if not better.. Robinson would be the 2nd best CB on this team if not the best.. You are just overrating the secondary.. The only way this secondary holds, is if the D-Line is absolutely elite.. They were bad this game, but they are an average to above average D-Line on the season.. It's clear the secondary isn't up to par..

McCourty is not better than Houston. There is a reason he isnt even a CB right now. Jackson and Robinson do not line up against the receivers that Houston does. I'll agree with you that they'd both be #2 on this team without question. But neither would take Houston's job.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you want to bet that Houston on the Pats would be on the bench..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCourty is not better than Houston. There is a reason he isnt even a CB right now. Jackson and Robinson do not line up against the receivers that Houston does. I'll agree with you that they'd both be #2 on this team without question. But neither would take Houston's job.

I honestly think Jackson is better than Houston.. You could debate Robinson.. To each his own.. But the Lions has done an awful job overall with the back 4.. Quin is a beast though..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many corners are man.

Well I don't even think he's an average 1.. CB value has plummeted no question, but you need better than inept to compete and we don't even have that..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you want to bet that Houston on the Pats would be on the bench..

One dollar. At a billion to one odds. Are they going to trade us Julian Edelman or one of their rookies? I bet I can run a 4.30 forty on the moon.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a bad 2 and and ideal Nickel.. He is not a number 1 shutdown corner..

Noone is calling Houston a shutdown corner. What i have said many times now is that the Lions havent really had a realistic option who is better than Houston. Noone in the Lions fanbase would ever say Houston is a shutdown corner or that they wouldnt like an upgrade. But there has to be one for them to do it. You cant just point and say upgrade. That is not how it works.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone is calling Houston a shutdown corner. What i have said many times now is that the Lions havent really had a realistic option who is better than Houston. Noone in the Lions fanbase would ever say Houston is a shutdown corner or that they wouldnt like an upgrade. But there has to be one for them to do it. You cant just point and say upgrade. That is not how it works.

Right now they don't but I'm saying over the last few years you could trace many times in which they had a shot at decent corners, or even elite players.. I named Washington because he jumped out at me.. The guy is elite, I could not just ignore that.. Lavonte David from last year is another one that slipped through...

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've pointed to a few.. I could look back and point to many more but, I think you have your mind made up.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they don't but I'm saying over the last few years you could trace many times in which they had a shot at decent corners, or even elite players.. I named Washington because he jumped out at me.. The guy is elite, I could not just ignore that.. Lavonte David from last year is another one that slipped through...

Yea the Lions with hindsight might be able to have a better LB. But that is not the question. Jackson is the guy you seem to want to stand by. He has put up slightly better numbers in one season of his career playing against far inferior WR's than Houston sees and with a better overall defense. That is an insanely weak arguement at best. Do you really think Jackson is shutting down Marshall, Gordon or Green? Fuck no.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the Lions with hindsight might be able to have a better LB. But that is not the question. Jackson is the guy you seem to want to stand by. He has put up slightly better numbers in one season of his career playing against far inferior WR's than Houston sees and with a better overall defense. That is an insanely weak arguement at best. Do you really think Jackson is shutting down Marshall, Gordon or Green? Fuck no.

I don't think Green goes for 150 against him that's for damn sure.. I think the CBs I mentioned wouldn't give up huge performances over the years that Houston has.. He's had some good games but many bad as well.. He clearly should be covering slot or number 2 wideouts..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no sense in debating how someone doesn't suck, with a guy who's name is LionsSuck(roughly). Same shit, different day.

My screen name has nothing to do with this conversation.