• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6 @ Dolphins

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General comments

In spite of Tomlin’s Steelers propensity to have subpar games vs teams with bad records, I did not see this result coming. They started out okay on OFC and basically sputtered due to the lack of support in the trenches. The DEF never seemed to be in the game at all. The final score was not indicative of how badly the Steelers were outplayed in Miami.

If not not for a blocked FG and a missed FG the margin would have been worse. As painful and as obvious as it may be…below are my grades for week 6 on a 0 to 5 scale.

OFC…overall 2 of 5.

OL …1 of 5…Only a small spurt in the 4Q kept this from being a zero. Hubbard came back to earth and played like most of expected him to play last week. DeCastro has started a pattern of struggling vs the top tier DTs in the league. Maybe that’s nothing to be critical about, but when you’re paid at the very top of the position, I expect him to at least hold his own against the best DTs. AVill struggled imo as well.

Running game3 of 5…Bell had a decent average, but the score basically killed the running game in the 2nd half so his overall production was nothing to write home about…the decent score here is really due to the misdirection handoff to DHB that went for 6.

Passing game…2 of 5…Gallant effort for Ben to return and finish the game. I could see the knee effected his footwork, on some throws, but the results are what they are…pretty poor for Ben’s standards.

DEF…overall 0 of 5.

DL played the worst game I have seen them play in the Butler era. The only positives I can mention was a couple of plays McCullers made, yes McCullers and Cockrell to some degree. Gay is no longer playing like a CB1, and his days in the slot are numbered. Hargrave made one or two plays, but for the most part the front 7 was dominated…the final TD was really, really, really disappointing. They KNEW MIA was simply trying to run clock and he breaks it for 60+ and put the final nail in the coffin. It really showed that Heyward is the unquestioned leader of that unit. Without him they looked like a rag tag cast of misfits yesterday.

ST…2 of 5…below average punting and return coverage…the McCullers FG block is the only positive.

If Ben is out for longer than 2 games, these guys are going to struggle to win 9 games. The saving grace yesterday was the rest of the DIV also lost so they keep the lead in the standings. That’s a big deal because they look as if they will be heading into the bye at 4-3 with the Patriots coming into PIT this week.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should be exiled from Steeler nation.
That's not a fitting enough punishment.

I vote for being forced to watch pre 1969 Steeler high(low) lights nonstop for the rest of the season and through the playoffs(???).

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw scoring plays on Redzone for this game, so can someone tell me if the DL even played in this game???

I saw a lot of that 2 down linemen scheme. Butler needs to tear those pages out of the playbook and burn them pronto!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a fitting enough punishment.

I vote for being forced to watch pre 1969 Steeler high(low) lights nonstop for the rest of the season and through the playoffs(???).
Wait, is this too cruel a punishment??????

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should be exiled from Steeler nation.

get-the-fuck-out_o_1884095.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw scoring plays on Redzone for this game, so can someone tell me if the DL even played in this game???

I saw a lot of that 2 down linemen scheme. Butler needs to tear those pages out of the playbook and burn them pronto!!!
That made no sense... Especially right after the success of the KC & NYJ games where he played 3 down lineman and rushed 4-5 more consistently. Why did he think going back to the 2 D-lineman & 2 OLB fronts would suddenly work? Maybe he thought the Miami O-line was terrible and he could get away with it?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this fucking game was a lock. Maybe not to cover the points but thought they'd win it for sure. But, the Dolphins needed it a little more and I think it showed.

Big Ben was inconsistent as was the Pitt defense. The Dolphins ran all over them and good Tannehill showed up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Ajayi looked like Barring fucking Sanders.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this fucking game was a lock. Maybe not to cover the points but thought they'd win it for sure. But, the Dolphins needed it a little more and I think it showed.

Big Ben was inconsistent as was the Pitt defense. The Dolphins ran all over them and good Tannehill showed up.

do you read the news????

Ben Roethlisberger reportedly tears meniscus, facing uncertain timetable