• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5: Virginia Tech @ Cincinnati (in Landover, MD) (Sept. 29, 2012)

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's a reflection of Beamer rather than Sherman. We do not throw the ball like most teams. And we haven't recruited great talent at WR either. Instead, we had a 2 star and low 3 star become the two leading receivers in VT history. Sherman has been great with what he has been given.

Sherman is great because of Coale and Boykin? That's not enough. Somebody has to be the best statistically at VT and anyway it's more of a reflection of how hard working and underrated Coale and Boykin were. More importantly watch us run predictable routes, not come back to the ball, not work to get open, Marcus Davis etc.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on this. Marcus being the first to line up on a play (when he doesn't get the ball - i.e. run play, etc) exemplifies poor coaching in this area. Marcus CONTINUALLY does this each game and it never gets fixed. It's almost just as bad as a qb staring down a receiver.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Marcus just isn't very, well, bright.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I don't have to look at that helmet...
4meGh.png

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sherman is great because of Coale and Boykin? That's not enough. Somebody has to be the best statistically at VT and anyway it's more of a reflection of how hard working and underrated Coale and Boykin were. More importantly watch us run (A) predictable routes, (B)not come back to the ball, (C)not work to get open, (D)Marcus Davis etc.

1) nope sherman is great because he has done nothing but produce a bunch of great WR's from RB's and 2*'s.

2) yes they do, but i think it shows that we are better than ever at WR when the #1 and 2 guys are in the same class.

3) I dont doubt that they were both underrated and that they were willing to put in the work but if you dont think they progressed from Fr-Sr's you were watching different guys than i was. Thats coaching.

4) (A) How is a route predictable? Im sure we use the same route tree as just about every D1, nfl, etc team. I'd agree with you that our playcalling is somewhat predictable but that isnt on sherm, that on the guys designing the play.

(B) and (C) I totally disagree there. I think if you went back and watched you'd find that these two things along with WR blocking have been some of our strong-suits since sherman got here.

(D) Davis: he hasnt 'blew up' the way most of us thought he would but I dont think his problem has to do with coaching. He just doesnt seem to show great effort/focus, if this was a coaching issue it would have shown in other players before now.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fooz,

You have a tendency to call successful guys hard working, underrated and lucky and put the credit all on them and overrated guys are simply coaching misses. That is ludicrous.

Remember starting four freshman in a rotation a few years back in Hyman, Harper, Royal and Morgan? That (along with Clowney) was a really good group. We have discussed Coale and Boykin. How about the difference between Corey Fuller from last year to this year.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fooz,

You have a tendency to call successful guys hard working, underrated and lucky and put the credit all on them and overrated guys are simply coaching misses. That is ludicrous.

Remember starting four freshman in a rotation a few years back in Hyman, Harper, Royal and Morgan? That (along with Clowney) was a really good group. We have discussed Coale and Boykin. How about the difference between Corey Fuller from last year to this year.

Speaking of, we need to target Corey more today

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the route running isn't predictable why do they have trouble getting separation with all the speed we supposedly have at WR this year? And against Clemson at the very least last year and maybe other teams too? Look at what Middle Tennessee St is doing to GT and what Miami did against GT last week. I question all the offensive coaches at this point

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the route running isn't predictable why do they have trouble getting separation with all the speed we supposedly have at WR this year? And against Clemson at the very least last year and maybe other teams too? Look at what Middle Tennessee St is doing to GT and what Miami did against GT last week. I question all the offensive coaches at this point

Well with your logic, since Pitt smashed us and Cinci smashed Pitt we shouldose by 4 or 5 TDs today. The receivers aren't often making the plays or LT is not making the reads or throws, it has nothing to do with the coaching.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jarrett at WHIP?

It looked like he may have been for a couple of plays anyway.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LT is just not very good this year. He was not even close with that short little pass. He's 6'6" and he felt like he couldn't get it over the guy's head.

Hope Maddy's not badly hurt