• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5: Virginia Tech @ Cincinnati (in Landover, MD) (Sept. 29, 2012)

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't. It's not like he got his scholly pulled and was kicked off the team. RVD is just better. JGW can still contribute in other ways. We shouldn't cater to those who have been on the team longer, etc etc. The best players should play.

I agree. We are already operating at a disadvantage with our O-line coach and OC. We shouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot further

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we dont get shit on this weekend. I cant go bc im out herein chicago. But we are playing a game in fed ex field that we cant sell shit to, and its on espnu. How far have we fallen boys? Lets clean out the fuckin house.

ESPN U again? Son of a bitch. Looks like its the internet for me again. I refuse to upgrade my tv package just to get that shitty channel.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like RVD will be starting at whip this Saturday :)

2.gif

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep .. agreed .. and JGW will still get plenty of playing time. It's obvious to me that the coaches are getting RVD ready for the stretch. JGW may get some reps at backer as well.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess technically this should go on the 2011 recruiting thread, but whatever. If I recall, that recruiting class was heralded as one of our most disappointing ever and somewhat lead to Shane and Cornell coming in to give our staff some youth. However, there are a bunch of guys from there who are now only R-Fr (or true sophomores), yet are contributing this season:

Ryan Malleck
Michael Holmes
Kevin Asante
Corey Marshall
Luther Maddy
RVD
Kyshoen Jarret

I know we missed on some good ones (Hughes and Anthony off the top of my head), but it's nice to see these guys proving themselves at a young age.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Tony Gregory is hurt again? That's a shame

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess technically this should go on the 2011 recruiting thread, but whatever. If I recall, that recruiting class was heralded as one of our most disappointing ever and somewhat lead to Shane and Cornell coming in to give our staff some youth. However, there are a bunch of guys from there who are now only R-Fr (or true sophomores), yet are contributing this season:

Ryan Malleck
Michael Holmes
Kevin Asante
Corey Marshall
Luther Maddy
RVD
Kyshoen Jarret

I know we missed on some good ones (Hughes and Anthony off the top of my head), but it's nice to see these guys proving themselves at a young age.

I wish we would see some Asante. I don't know what the deal is after he had such a good fcamp

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the coaches doing with Trey Edmunds? According to AB he's still practicing at RB. So we're going to leave him at RB, but we're going to redshirt him when we could probably use him this year? I'm so confused... I wanted him at LB :frown:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wish we would see some Asante. I don't know what the deal is after he had such a good fcamp

It's the offensive coaches man what's new. I'm not sold on Sherman either. These guys need to learn better and more sophisticated route running to get open more consistently. I think mostly what Sherman does is teach them to block

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What are the coaches doing with Trey Edmunds? According to AB he's still practicing at RB. So we're going to leave him at RB, but we're going to redshirt him when we could probably use him this year? I'm so confused... I wanted him at LB :frown:

I guess Foster thinks he and the staff can recruit all the LBs they need. Wrong. Just look at the LB situation this year. Stupid, stupid, stupid

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the offensive coaches man what's new. I'm not sold on Sherman either. These guys need to learn better and more sophisticated route running to get open more consistently. I think mostly what Sherman does is teach them to block

Yeah, Sherman has had no luck with WRs recently. :rolleyes2:

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I mean I agree, absolutely start RVD, I was just being a little sappy. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm glad gregory won't be playing, I really want Holmes to emerge as a true starter with JC being the change of pace, and scales the goal line back.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What performance? Isn't VT one of the only programs without a 1000 yard season from a WR?

We haven't had a dominant player, but that doesn't discount the performance of our guys. Clowney, Harper, Hyman, Morgan, Cole, Boykin. None of those guys were rated high, but they performed pretty well.

Even if we had an AJ Green type player I doubt we'd get him the ball, and that's not Sherman's fault.

If any of the players I listed were pre-Sherman please let me know and make fun of me. I'm young...

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't had a dominant player, but that doesn't discount the performance of our guys. Clowney, Harper, Hyman, Morgan, Cole, Boykin. None of those guys were rated high, but they performed pretty well.

Even if we had an AJ Green type player I doubt we'd get him the ball, and that's not Sherman's fault.

If any of the players I listed were pre-Sherman please let me know and make fun of me. I'm young...
You forgot Royal.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What performance? Isn't VT one of the only programs without a 1000 yard season from a WR?

That's a reflection of Beamer rather than Sherman. We do not throw the ball like most teams. And we haven't recruited great talent at WR either. Instead, we had a 2 star and low 3 star become the two leading receivers in VT history. Sherman has been great with what he has been given.