• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Colts @ Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw a stat the other day that about half of Luck's touchdowns in his career have gone to a RB or TE. So he is definitely one that loves to use those weapons up the middle.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
henry anderson is out as well??? wow. cj could run for 500 yards

Yeah he was definitely one of the few on that team that was actually good against the run. I would be worried if we couldn't have our way running the football. Just hope our players are not looking at this and think it looks easy as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so Broncos have released their injury report. Bennie Fowler has officially been ruled out. With him still wearing the huge arm brace I would have been surprised if he would have played.

DT, Sambrailo, and Wolfe are all listed as questionable. Sambrailo and Wolfe though from what I understand are expected to play unless they have a crazy setback.

This also means we are finally going to get to see Heuerman in an actual game! Time to see how desperate we will be at the TE position moving forward.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heuerman is already on a list of mine that requires redemption to get an upgrade. Guys with Hammy's - chronic ones - aren't taking care of themselves right - therefore not really professional in his approach as of yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat I heard today. In the last 4 games against the Colts (the 4 games with Andrew Luck at the helm) the team that had the most rushing yards won the game. In those games actually Andrew Luck didn't put up the Star Wars numbers. The one game he did is the one game they lost against us.

So this game could come down to who can establish the run game. I like our chances to be that team but we can't do what we have done in the past with the Colts of let them get going early thinking they stand a chance. Did that in a few of the games against them and we saw it last week against the Panthers where early mistakes and miscommunications lead to a huge hole.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Colts defense, I play just like Manning was the QB. Stack the box to take away the run, flood the underneath zones to force Seimian to throw past 7 yards. See if he can be accurate downfield. If he can, make adjustments at halftime but take away the dink and dunk throws that Sieman will look to make .

What makes you believe that is our game plan this week ?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah with 3 starting Colts DB's out I will take my chances on the pass if we have to. Your asking a lot for backup DB's to be on an island.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm ready for Lynch. Siemian should have had a far better stat line considering the lack of DB's for Indy.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm ready for Lynch. Siemian should have had a far better stat line considering the lack of DB's for Indy.
Sorry Crash. I think we should have been able to finish more of those drives for TD's. We don't get those two defensive TD's, we lose. Yeah, the 22/33 was nice, but the rest is very old-man-Manning-esqe.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i disagree sir. siemian has been playing pretty damn well

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree sir. siemian has been playing pretty damn well
The defense still won this game though. With the depleted secondary we were facing Siemian should have finished more drives with TD's.

I will say that the media seriously overestimated the effect losing Travathan and Jackson to FA had on this defense. They didn't miss a beat.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches didn't dial up those kinda plays though. they game scripted it for him to control it, hit some intermediate throws, and own the line. He did exactly what the gameplan entailed from what I could tell. He did miss a few throws out there but I think our qb play looked better this week than last week and better than almost any point last season so far. We saw Lynch vs zona week 4 and that was enough for me to know he isn't ready where as siemian is playing pretty well. if he can keep moving the chains and making plays that can extend drives, our defense might actually be better than last year because we might actually be able to get some drives to give our defense rest

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense still won this game though. With the depleted secondary we were facing Siemian should have finished more drives with TD's.

I will say that the media seriously overestimated the effect losing Travathan and Jackson to FA had on this defense. They didn't miss a beat.

I agree with that statement where that may be a problem is depth wise Denvers D line isn't like last year but yes they are playing well. Peace.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Crash. I think we should have been able to finish more of those drives for TD's. We don't get those two defensive TD's, we lose. Yeah, the 22/33 was nice, but the rest is very old-man-Manning-esqe.

you do get he played what ? 1 year in College ..it might be a little more but still he is green as a gourd ..He has been rather! excellent he isn't going any were ! He looks a little like Fran Tarkenton in his game and you want to bench him ? damn you are a hard crowd to please... You might be right now that I think about it all he has beat is the crappy assed Panthers and Indy ...It is not like they beat anyone ..

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian was a 7th round pick for a reason, has some talent and does some things well but lack of experience in College and does some things wrong as well. This is the types of games we have to expect and as long as he shows some improvement every week(which he has) he will be the guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm torn right now. Our offense is looking better than last year but not sure the QB position is actually any better. The OL and running game have shown dramatic improvement but the rate we are turning the ball over is actually at a higher rate through 2 games than we were last year. Throw in Siemian missed on his only 2 throws that traveled 20 yards or more so defenses are going to keep creeping up more and more until he proves he can hit the deep ball.

Siemian though does have some nice throws throughout the game that have kept drives alive. So I see that but just the inconsistency is what is driving me nuts. Especially when we get into scoring position and it just seems like he goes from this calm cool collected guy to a sped up version that is looking to throw the ball away as quickly as possible. He had easily 2 touchdown passes at least in this game that guys were wide open and he just flat out missed them. We can't expect to keep winning every week this way. We need the offense to actually convert some of those long drives into touchdowns.

I'm not ready to quite go to Lynch yet as I do think Siemian is just doing what the coaches ask of him right now but we really need to start scoring some touchdowns and not relying on our defense to have to win the game every time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Siemian is 'the guy' but he is the guy right now.

I guess what happens next year when the guy is Lynch and we are going through this exact same transition 2 years in a row. Ugh.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what happens next year when the guy is Lynch and we are going through this exact same transition 2 years in a row. Ugh.

It wouldn't quite be the same kind of transition though. Every offensive starter is signed beyond this year. So every player will have been acclimated to this offensive system. I would also add that while Siemian knew the playbook that Kubiak wanted to run they didn't really run his system last year so they wouldn't have practiced it as much as would have been needed. So Lynch will have been running this system in practice and have an entire year under his belt. And maybe he gets some time this year to play in actual games.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right now I can live with Siemian, but not sure he is the long term solution. That guy is carrying the clip board. We could do much worse then Siemian. Wasn't real pleased with him this game, but I also expected some up and down like you do with any young QB. So we will see how he develops going forward. You can tell though that he has the coaches respect. They come out passing with him. He just looks real nervous and lost inside the Red Zone. With more experience he can improve on that. He has to quit turning the ball over though. We have seen both good and bad, which was expected I suppose for just his second start.