• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: Steelers @ Seahawks Thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to stop Shark with the smaller body thing. It really isn't a thing. Witherspoon is virtually the exact same size as Ronde Barber was and Antoine Winfield who had long, successful careers. Bigger guys get hurt just as much or even more than smaller guys in this league.

Dr... don't you use logic with me! How DARE YOU! *mumbles to self and swims off*

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno why everyone considers this game such a lock for Seattle... Rudolph is way better than Mitch Trub-INT-sky, and their defense is still top 10 in points allowed. Cross will hold up well against their EDGE attack but I can't say the same for Lucas/Bradford...

IMO this will be a nail biter that could go either way. The Steelers don't have a great tight end to exploit Seattle over the middle of the field, but Warren is a pretty good receiving back and given Seattle can never stop runningbacks on screens or passes, I would expect him to get a healthy dose of targets.

This has a 17-13 type of game written all over it. Either team wins.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno why everyone considers this game such a lock for Seattle... Rudolph is way better than Mitch Trub-INT-sky, and their defense is still top 10 in points allowed. Cross will hold up well against their EDGE attack but I can't say the same for Lucas/Bradford...

IMO this will be a nail biter that could go either way. The Steelers don't have a great tight end to exploit Seattle over the middle of the field, but Warren is a pretty good receiving back and given Seattle can never stop runningbacks on screens or passes, I would expect him to get a healthy dose of targets.

No, not a lock. Seattle is not a juggernaut team and Pittsburgh isn't one of the 5 worst in the league or anything, so most likely it's a 1 score type deal like most NFL games. But the expectation is clearly a win here. I am not buying the fool's gold we saw from Mason Rudolph last week. He's earned his deep bench role.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not a lock. Seattle is not a juggernaut team and Pittsburgh isn't one of the 5 worst in the league or anything, so most likely it's a 1 score type deal like most NFL games. But the expectation is clearly a win here. I am not buying the fool's gold we saw from Mason Rudolph last week. He's earned his deep bench role.

Naturally JMR... I will blame you for a loss in the event it happens. I know you don't care, but I feel the need to state it now.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not specific to this game, but just a playoff picture note: if Hawks and whoever wins today between Minn and GB also win out, Rams miss the playoffs unless they win out (@ NYG, @ SF).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed... These two teams are identical to one another...

Seattle lost 4 of 5 before these two wins of late... Steelers went on a skid similiar to ours losing 4 of 5 before crushing the Bengals last week... Steelers getting sporadic, inconsistent play from their QB position - just like the Hawks... Running games letting both teams down... OL's playing poorly for both teams... We're almost identicle in all categories on defense and offense...

Only reason I'd give the Hawks the edge is HOF but that hasn't been much leverage the past few years... These two teams are evenly matched...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal on IR and F. Clark cut... More than likely Jamal's last days as a Seahawk.. J. Brooks also doubtful for today as well... For Steeler, Devin Bush will get the start in his spot...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted Frank Clark. The fact some people (including on this forum) were looking to trade for him was baffling to me. I get Nwsou was out... you drafted another EDGE player in the top part of the 2nd round... play him. He's basically a first round pick. Hall has looked like shit... well what do you expect? "Hey, you're an early 2nd round pick! By the way, ride the bench BITCH" Whatever. Hall/Mafe... two basically FIRST ROUND picks... and you bench one guy and barely utilize the other guy in his rookie year (although Mafe is a monster).

Carroll needs to go. I don't think Jodie.. JUDY, JODIE, whatever, the bitch that is famous because of her brother, wanted the team.

You draft people with early picks, and then sit them.. I don't get it. I have to imagine the guys getting drafted by Seattle at this point are disappointed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... These two teams are identical to one another...

Seattle lost 4 of 5 before these two wins of late... Steelers went on a skid similiar to ours losing 4 of 5 before crushing the Bengals last week... Steelers getting sporadic, inconsistent play from their QB position - just like the Hawks... Running games letting both teams down... OL's playing poorly for both teams... We're almost identicle in all categories on defense and offense...

Only reason I'd give the Hawks the edge is HOF but that hasn't been much leverage the past few years... These two teams are evenly matched...
Yeah, I dunno. At least the Hawks losing streak was against good teams and really more of product of scheduling with 3 straight against the top 2 NFC offenses. Steelers lost b2b vs 2-win teams. That's awful. Heads would absolutely explode here if we did that. Worst team the Hawks have lost to is the Rams.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted Frank Clark. The fact some people (including on this forum) were looking to trade for him was baffling to me. I get Nwsou was out... you drafted another EDGE player in the top part of the 2nd round... play him. He's basically a first round pick. Hall has looked like shit... well what do you expect? "Hey, you're an early 2nd round pick! By the way, ride the bench BITCH" Whatever. Hall/Mafe... two basically FIRST ROUND picks... and you bench one guy and barely utilize the other guy in his rookie year (although Mafe is a monster).

Carroll needs to go. I don't think Jodie.. JUDY, JODIE, whatever, the bitch that is famous because of her brother, wanted the team.

You draft people with early picks, and then sit them.. I don't get it. I have to imagine the guys getting drafted by Seattle at this point are disappointed.
It is time for a change, I appreciate what Pete has done for this franchise, but all era’s come to an end and I don’t see us ever getting back to a Bowl with Pete at the helm at this point… I think his age is catching up to him.. He’s my favorite Seahawks coach, nobodies done it better, but we can’t hang onto the past anymore, we need a younger football mind in there…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time for a change, I appreciate what Pete has done for this franchise, but all era’s come to an end and I don’t see us ever getting back to a Bowl with Pete at the helm at this point… I think his age is catching up to him.. He’s my favorite Seahawks coach, nobodies done it better, but we can’t hang onto the past anymore, we need a younger football mind in there…

I mean he got Seattle a Super Bowl. I talk shit routinely with Pete and his coaching and selections... I have ALWAYS said (on this forum and in person), best coach we ever had. And Russell was the best QB we ever had. I hated the Russell Wilson pick (graded it in the D/F category)... I 10 years later still own up to it...

Carroll and Wilson (HOF)/Wagner (HOF)/Sherman (HOF)/ Thomas (HOF), put Seattle on the map, and I applaud all of them for it.

That all said, time to move on.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trivia tid-bit.
All time H to H is a tie with 10 wins each.
Last time Pitt won in Seattle was 1983.
Seahawks have won the last 5 straight in Seattle.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks inactives:
  • RB Kenny McIntosh
  • OL Jason Peters
  • OL McClendon Curtis
  • OL Raiqwon O'Neal
  • LB Jordyn Brooks
  • DL Mario Edwards
  • CB Kelvin Joseph
Steelers inactives:
  • QB Kenny Pickett
  • OT Dylan Cook
  • DE DeMarvin Leal
  • CB Darius Rush
  • LB Elandon Roberts
  • S Trenton Thompson
  • S Minkah Fitzpatrick
Sucks about Brooks, but I hope we take full advantage of them not having Fitzpatrick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks inactives:
  • RB Kenny McIntosh
  • OL Jason Peters
  • OL McClendon Curtis
  • OL Raiqwon O'Neal
  • LB Jordyn Brooks
  • DL Mario Edwards
  • CB Kelvin Joseph
Steelers inactives:
  • QB Kenny Pickett
  • OT Dylan Cook
  • DE DeMarvin Leal
  • CB Darius Rush
  • LB Elandon Roberts
  • S Trenton Thompson
  • S Minkah Fitzpatrick
Sucks about Brooks, but I hope we take full advantage of them not having Fitzpatrick.

Stoked to see Spoon back. Edwards might be a sneaky painful inactive for us.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, would have liked to get a look at McIntosh this year.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49 ners win and eagles lose (34 secs left) means 49ners 1st seed. Looks like no reason to play the rams next week

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good Witherspoon is suited up and playing!