• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 16: Denver Broncos at Los Angeles Chargers

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not giving up on him, but Sunday's performance was disappointing.
Agree, you can’t give up on a rookie 1st round pick. My point was for him to stop throwing his team under the bus on social media. Play like a diva before you act like one.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy has something to prove - he should have the opportunity to prove himself. Ball drops was not one of his problems in college. Trying too hard - which is Lock's problem too. Oddly - that's a coaching problem.

his hand positions are out of whack. Maybe a lack of concentration? Idk but he can get open.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's part of being a fan. It isn't like anyone posting here has abandoned the team.

We can all have opinions here and express them. You or I may not agree with all of them but it is a message board for crying out loud.

After watching Denver play in 8 Superbowls we all want a team that can compete every year and have come to expect more than what some other team's fans expect.

Can't get too down about fans negative opinions and feelings about where this team is.

Oh I get it. I an frustrated too. How can you not be? But sometimes it is the way people do it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s face it. There are a number of players we have let go from here who have gone on elsehwere to be exactly what we had hoped for when we drafted them.

I really think the finger pointing is at the top of the chain. Until we fix that, we are going nowhere barring a franchise changing QB falling in our lap.
Players need to execute but there is something to be said for players developing better under different situations.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure.

Beating the dead horse over and over and over. Giving up on players, “We should have done this”, “We are so stupid for not doing this”, “we passed on John Doe and should have traded up for Jack Doe”, I get, it would have been nice, but life doesn’t work that way. There is no Science to the draff. We pass on players I would rather have all the time, but it is what it is. Let’s focus on who is here and not who isn’t. It makes for a good discussion every once in awhile, but every day??? I mean even I gave up reminding people we passed on Ed Reed at some point. ;) Nitpicking everything. I mean christ we probably have the worst water boy in the league, our pregame meals are probably the worst, our restrooms are probably an issue.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating the dead horse over and over and over. Giving up on players, “We should have done this”, “We are so stupid for not doing this”, “we passed on John Doe and should have traded up for Jack Doe”, I get, it would have been nice, but life doesn’t work that way. There is no Science to the draff. We pass on players I would rather have all the time, but it is what it is. Let’s focus on who is here and not who isn’t. It makes for a good discussion every once in awhile, but every day??? I mean even I gave up reminding people we passed on Ed Reed at some point. ;) Nitpicking everything. I mean christ we probably have the worst water boy in the league, our pregame meals are probably the worst, our restrooms are probably an issue.
Our water boy IS terrible. The Piss boy is nothing to write home about either.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s face it. There are a number of players we have let go from here who have gone on elsehwere to be exactly what we had hoped for when we drafted them.

I really think the finger pointing is at the top of the chain. Until we fix that, we are going nowhere barring a franchise changing QB falling in our lap.
Players need to execute but there is something to be said for players developing better under different situations.
I've said the same here as well. It all needs to start with the top dog. There is one guy ultimately responsible for putting the pieces together. The framework starts with the coaches. If you can't pick a HC, you're doomed. If your HC can't get good coordinators, it's probably not going to work and if the team is changing systems every year, you're truly screwed.

I think Lock would be at a completely different level if Scangarillo was still here. I don't think shurmer is the answer, but i don't want him shit canned and have to implement yet another system.

It's tough to have patience as a fan when the Broncos FO doesn't show patience with their own hires.

The one piece I'd embrace changing right now is Elway. He must be extremely arrogant if he thinks he isn't 100% directly responsible for this mess. He needs to step away or be fired imo.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said the same here as well. It all needs to start with the top dog. There is one guy ultimately responsible for putting the pieces together. The framework starts with the coaches. If you can't pick a HC, you're doomed. If your HC can't get good coordinators, it's probably not going to work and if the team is changing systems every year, you're truly screwed.

I think Lock would be at a completely different level if Scangarillo was still here. I don't think shurmer is the answer, but i don't want him shit canned and have to implement yet another system.

It's tough to have patience as a fan when the Broncos FO doesn't show patience with their own hires.

The one piece I'd embrace changing right now is Elway. He must be extremely arrogant if he thinks he isn't 100% directly responsible for this mess. He needs to step away or be fired imo.
I'd agree with last part if Ownership was settled but, Ellis isn't firing Elway even if he should. Ellis is just a responsible for this mess. Ellis wouldn't want bullseye on himself.

Last edited:

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS I think Elway will finish his last yr before he'd step down

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with last part if Ownership was settled but, Ellis isn't firing Elway even if he should. Ellis is just a responsible for this mess. Ellis wouldn't want bullseye on himself.
That’s why elway SHOULD do the right thing, he doesn’t need the money and his standing continues to be tarnished. Again, I don’t think his ego allows resigning.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am not as down on this team as some of you. I think this team when healthy is close. I also think if we have OTAs and minicamps that it will make a big difference as there is only so much time to work with Lock durning the season.

This off-season will be interesting as there are some interesting decisions to be made.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am not as down on this team as some of you. I think this team when healthy is close. I also think if we have OTAs and minicamps that it will make a big difference as there is only so much time to work with Lock durning the season.

This off-season will be interesting as there are some interesting decisions to be made.
I'm more down on Ownership and FO vision vs team. I agree with injuries and offseason to a point. To be honest are we 100% sure off season won't be like 2020? 21 decisions on Elway Fangio Shurmur Lock will ownership issue closer to being solved for 22.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more down on Ownership and FO vision vs team. I agree with injuries and offseason to a point. To be honest are we 100% sure off season won't be like 2020? 21 decisions on Elway Fangio Shurmur Lock will ownership issue closer to being solved for 22.
I am not sure that we will see a normal off season, but I am hopeful that we will. I agree that the ownership issues will be resolved in 2022 at the earliest. I would like to think that we will have them handled before then, but doesn't seem likely.