• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: Seahawks vs Rams Thread

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team is not good enough to win when you have multiple game changing calls go against you. In fact, most teams wouldnt overcome it. Stop the bullshit and the holier than thou attitude. We got dry fucked tonight. It was pretty damn obvious that the team with the better record got the calls. The teams were evenly matched. Our defense balled out. Our offense scrapped against a defense that generally owns them. They played their asses off, PERIOD

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team is not good enough to win when you have multiple game changing calls go against you. In fact, most teams wouldnt overcome it. Stop the bullshit and the holier than thou attitude. We got dry fucked tonight. It was pretty damn obvious that the team with the better record got the calls. The teams were evenly matched. Our defense balled out. Our offense scrapped against a defense that generally owns them. They played their asses off, PERIOD
What is your excuse for the 1st half? When we had to march down the field with 10 seconds left to kick a game tying FG at 3-3? The calls didn't lose us the game... Our QB wasn't as good as theirs...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon Hoey. Let's take away the calls because I have admitted that there bad calls

Are you telling me that Our offense DID ENOUGH TO WIN THAT GAME?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your excuse for the 1st half? When we had to march down the field with 10 seconds left to kick a game tying FG at 3-3? The calls didn't lose us the game... Our QB wasn't as good as theirs...
it Was tied at halftime, I would say our QB was equal to theirs……

if you give an above average NFL team extra chances, they will most likely win the game. That’s just a fact. They got 3 points on a ruffling the punter. They got 3 first downs when we had them stopped On 3rd down. Deejay got tackled before the ball got there and nothing was called.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Hoey. Let's take away the calls because I have admitted that there bad calls

Are you telling me that Our offense DID ENOUGH TO WIN THAT GAME?
if they score on the deejay tgetting tackled drive then yes. I dont mind winning a 13-10, 14-13 whatever ugly, knockout slugfest game you want to call it. Hell, we just saw the saints with Sunday night in the same style Game.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they score on the deejay tgetting tackled drive then yes. I dont mind winning a 13-10, 14-13 whatever ugly, knockout slugfest game you want to call it. Hell, we just saw the saints with Sunday night in the same style Game.

What about those misses to Metcalf or Eskridge?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it Was tied at halftime, I would say our QB was equal to theirs……

if you give an above average NFL team extra chances, they will most likely win the game. That’s just a fact. They got 3 points on a ruffling the punter. They got 3 first downs when we had them stopped On 3rd down. Deejay got tackled before the ball got there and nothing was called.
He didn't get tackled but it was a PI... Who's to say with our incompetent offense that we would've scored anyways?

How many times did RW have 6-8 seconds in the pocket just see him throw an incompletion? Too many...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but you get the Jist.

It's easy to go....

"OH. Look the refs cost us this Game..."

"OH. Cmon man and look..."

Or alot that I've been seeing....

Did the Refs Cost us all of those other drives?

What about that those big misses to Metcalf... we're those the refs fault?
OK, but it's kind of the butterfly effect kind of thing going on that kills a team when bad calls are made, or refs miss obvious ones.

Like you said, Wilson had some big misses that weren't the refs fault. That's true. But so did Stafford. Only difference is that a couple times that Stafford missed he was bailed out by the flags. For example, the Rams TD going into the 4th quarter that put them up 17-10 was helped by that phantom hold on 3rd down. Stafford needed 12 yards on 3rd down, but only completed for 8 yards. They should have been punting but the terrible flag gave Stafford extra chances he wouldn't/shouldn't have had. After the flag the Rams ran for 16 yards and threw for 69 yards and a TD. Those are all yards they were able to get because they were gifted extra chances by a bad call. Could Wilson have had a better game with extra chances? Maybe. We'll never know. But that's the point. Those flags completely shift how games will play out, and that is fine when they are warranted, but when they're bad calls or missed calls it's tough for any team to come back from. If they call that obvious PI on the throw to Dallas it would have given Wilson extra chances. It would also have not turned the ball over to the Rams on downs, and they wouldn't have kicked a FG. Plus, DJ wouldn't have had his tantrum (which was dumb anyway) and kicked the ball out of frustration. Butterfly effect my friend. And it's maddening when you feel like you had a chance but it was stolen away by an official.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but it's kind of the butterfly effect kind of thing going on that kills a team when bad calls are made, or refs miss obvious ones.

Like you said, Wilson had some big misses that weren't the refs fault. That's true. But so did Stafford. Only difference is that a couple times that Stafford missed he was bailed out by the flags. For example, the Rams TD going into the 4th quarter that put them up 17-10 was helped by that phantom hold on 3rd down. Stafford needed 12 yards on 3rd down, but only completed for 8 yards. They should have been punting but the terrible flag gave Stafford extra chances he wouldn't/shouldn't have had. After the flag the Rams ran for 16 yards and threw for 69 yards and a TD. Those are all yards they were able to get because they were gifted extra chances by a bad call. Could Wilson have had a better game with extra chances? Maybe. We'll never know. But that's the point. Those flags completely shift how games will play out, and that is fine when they are warranted, but when they're bad calls or missed calls it's tough for any team to come back from. If they call that obvious PI on the throw to Dallas it would have given Wilson extra chances. It would also have not turned the ball over to the Rams on downs, and they wouldn't have kicked a FG. Plus, DJ wouldn't have had his tantrum (which was dumb anyway) and kicked the ball out of frustration. Butterfly effect my friend. And it's maddening when you feel like you had a chance but it was stolen away by an official.

It's something my Old man thought me after a game, I'm not sure if it was that NFC Championship or eariler( I think earlier).

"Yes. Those were poor officiating But ###### didn't do enough to win"

Which is one of the two Messages I'm trying to teach.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's something my Old man thought me after a game, I'm not sure if it was that NFC Championship or eariler( I think earlier).

"Yes. Those were poor officiating But ###### didn't do enough to win"

Which is one of the two Messages I'm trying to teach.
Yes, I've often heard that old adage, but I don't always buy it. In this game especially we might have been doing enough to win if not for 2 really bad calls. Calls that the ex NFL ref on the broadcast admitted they got wrong, and in the case of the non PI call they got it so fucking wrong it was trending on Twitter for a while. If you are in a one score game with only a couple minutes to go with the ball in your hands then I'd argue you have probably been doing enough to win.

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm just pissed at how the game ended. Our season was done anyway.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I've often heard that old adage, but I don't always buy it. In this game especially we might have been doing enough to win if not for 2 really bad calls. Calls that the ex NFL ref on the broadcast admitted they got wrong, and in the case of the non PI call they got it so fucking wrong it was trending on Twitter for a while. If you are in a one score game with only a couple minutes to go with the ball in your hands then I'd argue you have probably been doing enough to win.

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm just pissed at how the game ended. Our season was done anyway.

Yep...............

For me it ended with BS

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense did enough to be tied with the Rams through the possessions we had. The team also earned at least 2 offensive series that were actively denied and coincidentally those 2 series led to 10 points for the other team.

Bottom line is the team deserved those 2 opportunities to try to do enough to win the game. I'm pissed that incompetent officiating gave those opportunities to the opponent in a tied game that was very evenly played up til then.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go watch that PI against the Hawks again and watch what happens to one of our DLineman he is TACKLED by the ankles by a olineman. If they call a hold there as it should have been called it's most likely a safety and they are punting back to Seattle and Seattle has a 12-10 lead and the ball. The first pick shows the "holding on the DB who is with in the one years area and has the BACK of his hand in Kupps armpit jamming at the LoS even the ref in the Booth said that was a bullshit call. The second is the tackle when Stafford was running forward out of the endzone. backhanded hold.PNGOline Tackle.PNG

Oh but they call the PI not the Hold and safety when there was no PI!
nopi.png
Then No PI called here when the defender is mugging DJ?
It's one thing to miss calls but to flat out call them wrong? thats a total different story

Last edited:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this to the extreme:

If every single offensive drive in a game resulted in a blatant bad call giving the ball to the other team, would anyone still say "Well, bad calls happen. You just gotta be a playoff team and win anyway?"

Of course not.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the PI that happened to DJ Dallas wasn't even a bang bang play it was easy to see!

also on the BS PI call against Seattle the WR ran INTO the CB who was jamming at the line and has every right to his position. He did not move side to side the WR ran into HIM and he pushed him as Kupp did a swim move to get around. There was no grabbing or tugging ( unlike the Rams oline ) on the play.

The DT is looking at the ref in the 2nd pic like are you going to call it?

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the PI that happened to DJ Dallas wasn't even a bang bang play it was easy to see!

also on the BS PI call against Seattle the WR ran INTO the CB who was jamming at the line and has every right to his position. He did not move side to side the WR ran into HIM and he pushed him as Kupp did a swim move to get around. There was no grabbing or tugging ( unlike the Rams oline ) on the play.

The DT is looking at the ref in the 2nd pic like are you going to call it?

Again Do i have to go over this Screamin?

I agree that those where complete Horse shit.

BUT

THE OFFENSE DIDN'T DO ENOUGH TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PERIOD.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUT

PERIOD.

Neither Did the Rams Offense, Lets say that's a safety, +2 ( Rams do not get the TD -7 points ) Hawks get the Ball around the 40 and get 2 FD which i think they do after a HUGE momentum swing and they Kick a FG OR even Score a TD now they are up 2 scores 19-10 not down 10-17 with only around 8 to 10 minutes left to go. The Rams didn't do shit all day why would they start now? Rams would then be in Panic mod.

RAMS OFFENSE DIDN'T DO ENOUGH TO WIN THE GAME WITH OUT THE REFS HELP!!!!!

:pound:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this tweet also, who remembers this?

Some teams are considered the NFL's golden Teams and what sucks for us Hawks fans is those teams include the Rams and the 49ers, two teams in the NFC West. Sucks and hurts for sure but money is money and the NFL loves their money and golden boy teams.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUT

PERIOD.

Also the Seahawks defense did more than enough to win this game after halftime. In the WHOLE second half the rams had one good drive 86 yards for a TD. After that they had drives of -1 yard punt, -5 yards Punt, 18 yards FG. ( this was after the Blatant missed PI against the Rams Defense.) Yes i am missing one drive but I gave them the 8 yards and 2 minutes they had before they SHOULD have punted. The Hawks had the Rams at 3rd and 12 ( another negative Drive ) they got the stop and forced a punt ... Oh no the Refs called a Hold on the Hawks Bless Austin after a picture perfect Jam at the LoS. So in other words the Rams had a total of 88 yards ( Hawks had 126 yds and could have been a lot more ) in the second half and a ToP of around 8 minutes if you removed the Bullshit calls. 2 drives 10 points 108 yards and 6 minutes 43 seconds that should have never happened. You take these totals and they have 226 yards for the game and you could most likely add another 40+ yards and 4-6 minutes to the Hawks ToP in the 2nd half which all ready was around 16+ minutes

THE HAWKS DEFENSE PLAYED MORE THAN WELL ENOUGH TO WIN!!!!!

Judge Fudge, why are you being all buddy buddy on the Rams board saying GG and how us Seahawks fans ( most of us ) haven't got a clue? Fooking bullshit ass kissing traitor!

Last edited: