• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14: Redskins @ Eagles

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes zero sense to put so much cap space into Kirk, Garcon and DJax with so many holes on defense. Those wanting both back, let me introduce you to pretty much the same defense next year.

sorry but you are wrong , the post i put out in another thread shows we can easily do it sign another playmaker and draft some guys

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but you are wrong , the post i put out in another thread shows we can easily do it sign another playmaker and draft some guys
Exactly. We are not solving our defensive woes through FA. We need to devote 80% of our draft to the defense. We pick up three contributors (one DL, one ILB and one S) next year and we will be vastly better. We don't have to replace 8 or 9 guys next year, just a couple.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry I didn't see your post. And obviously you are correct, it can be done. I don't know cap economics but I do know math. And math tells me if you have a lot of money tied up in 5 offensive players (Trent, Kirk, Reed, Garcon and Jackson) that leaves a lot less for the other 49 players. Just because our MO is not to go out and spend a lot on FAs does not mean it won't hinder our ability to resign our own and to make good purchases.

As much as I'd love to keep him logic tells me a ton of money into a 30 year old WR who has only played a full season twice in his career and has 14 TDs in 3 seasons here just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I didn't see your post. And obviously you are correct, it can be done. I don't know cap economics but I do know math. And math tells me if you have a lot of money tied up in 5 offensive players (Trent, Kirk, Reed, Garcon and Jackson) that leaves a lot less for the other 49 players. Just because our MO is not to go out and spend a lot on FAs does not mean it won't hinder our ability to resign our own and to make good purchases.

As much as I'd love to keep him logic tells me a ton of money into a 30 year old WR who has only played a full season twice in his career and has 14 TDs in 3 seasons here just doesn't make a lot of sense.
And DJax may find that other teams feel just the way you do. Which means he may not get the pay day he is hoping for. I personally would not sign anything more than a 2 year deal for him, just for the concerns you raise.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN 980 Audio Vault - Play Now

Galdi gives his five biggest takeaways from the Redskins' 27-22 win at Philadelphia. (Date Added: 12/12/16)

Cooley Film Breakdown! Cooley & Kevin grade and analyze the Redskins Defense from their win over the Philadelphia Eagles. Plus, in-depth analysis on Josh Norman, Ryan Kerrigan, Bashaud Breeland and the rest of the Defense! (Date Added: 12/14/16)

Cooley Film Breakdown! Cooley & Kevin grade and analyze the Redskins Offense from their win over the Philadelphia Eagles. Plus, in-depth analysis on Kirk Cousins, Rob Kelley, Trent Williams and the rest of the Offense! (Date Added: 12/13/16)