• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: @ Miami Dolphins, 1PM EST on CBS

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE Homer/Yankee,

I have DirecTV and they include local broadcast channels in my package? In addition, HD rabbit ears do actually give you a better picture than digital HD from DirecTV/cable...no joke.

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very interested in how Wright will be used in this game. But yes, I am nervous about this game (and I am always worried about this match-up). I do not think it will be a blow out as people think it will be. I say the Patriots only win by 4 or less.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE Homer/Yankee,

I have DirecTV and they include local broadcast channels in my package? In addition, HD rabbit ears do actually give you a better picture than digital HD from DirecTV/cable...no joke.

I have Local Package as well. It took me a couple of games to find out the "Not on Sunday Ticket if Broadcast local" rule. I recorded, returned to watch, nothing recorded.
1st time, my fault. 2nd time I complained and got a partial refund and a "Rule" explanation. 3rd time...not my fault, CBS changed the local game but DirecTV did not broadcast...
Another time the local CBS switched games in the 4th qtr...

It can be infuriating, but now I record the 700 channel as well as the local regardless.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots play 2:00 AM Monday here in Okinawa time.
I will get up at 2:00 and go to work at 5:00.
I often get up at 4:00 so I guess that is not too bad.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly...!,....and i see a closer game here with the ~heat/humidy~ as miami's 12th-man,......27-21/pats.

I have been to many Pats games in Miami and there are usually as many Pats fans in attendance.

The lady Pats fans in t-shirts in the summer sun usually are quite the distraction......

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm...McSwiggans Irish Pub is just a few towns over from me.
hey,....i've been there,.....all the dudes there are dressed in ~leather~ with (ass)(less) chaps,.....i think tex was on a mechanical-bull there the other night..! ; O

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to many Pats games in Miami and there are usually as many Pats fans in attendance.

The lady Pats fans in t-shirts in the summer sun usually are quite the distraction......
...."/(o)(o)\''.......[<----was i there/wink...?]

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey,....i've been there,.....all the dudes there are dressed in ~leather~ with (ass)(less) chaps,.....i think tex was on a mechanical-bull there the other night..! ; O

not me Mother..but you apparently met the new Dallas Cowboys PS player. :whistle:

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect a tight low scoring game ( so probably a 41-38 shoot out).

Brady is rarely sharp in Mia. They have a solid D that gets pressure. Even if Gronk plays, neither him or Wright will be in mid season form. Pats will move the ball but I expect a lot of stales drives simply by not being fully in sync.

That being said I don't expect any major problem slowing them down. I'm buying into this defense as long as we don't get hit with the injury bug like last year. Miami's weapons are underwhelming even if Tannehill makes the right reads. This is where Revis will make that difference. 3rd downs they can take out 3 options every time with Revis always singled up. It will take a deep offense like Den, NO or GB to have consistent success. We face only a few teams like that till the postseason.