• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: @ Miami Dolphins, 1PM EST on CBS

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a newbie here, but I suppose it's OK to start a game thread?

Looking for some good fish fry talk...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok, newbs can start threads...and welcome Hyped :suds:

Considering the game, I was pondering about being a Miami fan and expecting to lose the first game of the season. Sure, it's the NFL and the phins could win but not even phin fans would bet their house without a double digit spot!

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game can go either way. Playing in Miami in early September with 1:00PM start time will be brutal & Brady has had some pretty rough outings down there. Pats are a 4-1/2 point favorite. Not sure I'd touch this game, even considering the fish are a trainwreck with their OL situation.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and before I forget...

We're DOOMED!

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about this game. Then again, I am worried about ALL GAMES;).

We are coming into this game with a questionable interior OL. Miami still has depth on that DL without Dion Jordan. We all know that football games are won at the LOS.

If the Pats are to pull this out...it'll be by airing the ball and keeping Brady clean.

The Miami OL is set at the tackle spots though. I am seeing a key Albert/Chandler Jones match up....but I think our secondary will shut down things though...and cannot wait to see Vince Wilfork collapse the pocket...oh man...big Vince is raring to go...you could sense that all camp. Revis is also ready to shut down half of the field baby....this is the only area I feel optimistic about. I am starting Brain Hartline in one FFL this weekend. I feel that the Fish will be able to move the ball on us some, but not in a consistent fashion.

I think this will be a figgie type of game...with 1-2 key red zone plays. Something like Pats 13-10....it probably will come down to a key drive in the 4th quarter....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about this game. Then again, I am worried about ALL GAMES;).

We are coming into this game with a questionable interior OL. Miami still has depth on that DL without Dion Jordan. We all know that football games are won at the LOS.

If the Pats are to pull this out...it'll be by airing the ball and keeping Brady clean.

The Miami OL is set at the tackle spots though. I am seeing a key Albert/Chandler Jones match up....but I think our secondary will shut down things though...and cannot wait to see Vince Wilfork collapse the pocket...oh man...big Vince is raring to go...you could sense that all camp. Revis is also ready to shut down half of the field baby....this is the only area I feel optimistic about. I am starting Brain Hartline in one FFL this weekend. I feel that the Fish will be able to move the ball on us some, but not in a consistent fashion.

I think this will be a figgie type of game...with 1-2 key red zone plays. Something like Pats 13-10....it probably will come down to a key drive in the 4th quarter....

Me too and again, Miami can certainly win this game but I wouldn't touch a Phins bet without at least 10pts.

Pats 34

Dolphins 17

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling very comfortable abot the O-line. We got beat by Miami last year and BB does not allow 2 losses in a row. Miami will play well but our offense is going to "light em' up"

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats looked very smooth against Carolina.

I say we win going away 35 - 13.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit.

Not televised here...Titans at Chiefs.

I might have to bite the bullet on Sunday Ticket....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest problem is the heat and humidity. Belichick even admitted that the summer has been milder than most and that the team has not worked out in really extreme heat and humidity.

Pats need to get off to a really good start and score early. They don't want this game to be a knock down - drag out affair. If they can get up by 14 quickly and force the Dolphins to punt or try long FG then they could force the Dolphins into throwing the ball which could be a real advantage with the rejuvenated secondary.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late to have a joint practice with Tampa...in Tampa?

You now get acclimated...

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried. With Miami's O in transition and them not looking all that great on D during preseason (yeah, i know...preseason), this should be a W. Would be nice to go up big early.

Lester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to be HOT!

Miami Sun Sep 7

38.png
89°
80°
Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain:50%

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit.

Not televised here...Titans at Chiefs.

I might have to bite the bullet on Sunday Ticket....

Careful with that. They don't report their policy of not providing games to fans who can get the game off of fucking rabbit ears! Happened to me. We changed from Dish Network to Direct TV to get Sunday ticket. The installer dudes just whistled away installing the dish while I mentioned that I was psyched to finally be able to see my Pats (our Disk Network CBS feed was out of Cali).

Come the first Sunday, I get a this programmed blocked prompt. WTF!!! We called Sunday Ticket and only then did they inform us of this shit! So on Sunday Ticket, you can't see the Dolphins
in Miami, the Bears in Chicago and so forth.

Not sure of your sepcific sitch but def ask questions.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
use to be something online.. like firstrow or something.. lots of pop ups.. but I watched a couple of games on there

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful with that. They don't report their policy of not providing games to fans who can get the game off of fucking rabbit ears! Happened to me. We changed from Dish Network to Direct TV to get Sunday ticket. The installer dudes just whistled away installing the dish while I mentioned that I was psyched to finally be able to see my Pats (our Disk Network CBS feed was out of Cali).

Come the first Sunday, I get a this programmed blocked prompt. WTF!!! We called Sunday Ticket and only then did they inform us of this shit! So on Sunday Ticket, you can't see the Dolphins
in Miami, the Bears in Chicago and so forth.

Not sure of your sepcific sitch but def ask questions.

Yes, I experienced that last year myself, my first with Sunday Ticket. Except I set mine to record and left only to come back and find no game.
Here in Nashville for the past nine years it is all Titans with Indy or KC being the optional game/team. Until last year when they decided to air half the Patriots games. And I finally had Sunday Ticket!
I fear this year will go back to the norm if I do not get it.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that. The online livecasts are maddening. They're just so slow with the latest plays.
Aren't there bars or something for out of town fans rooting for different teams?

Haven't found a good Pats bar in the area. :bawling: