• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1- Las Vegas Raiders @ Denver Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You met me so that makes 3....LOL.

I guess I can let it be 3. Thankfully you haven't been an A-Hole coming over on our board to talk about the game. Speaking of which whatever happened to IdahoRaiderfan or whatever his name was on here? He was always good for a laugh.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol deal with it...

Glad y'all enjoyed...

Now myself as a Chiefs fan, I hate all three AFC West teams equally... :D

You guys have had one of the greatest runs in all of NFL history. So yeah we are going to enjoy our 10 day victory lap of watching the Chiefs struggle even with the Refs trying to help you guys out.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can let it be 3. Thankfully you haven't been an A-Hole coming over on our board to talk about the game. Speaking of which whatever happened to IdahoRaiderfan or whatever his name was on here? He was always good for a laugh.
IDK what happened with him.

@fishinabarrel is cool. Dole isn't on here at all anymore.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT (to no one’s surprise):
Raiders defensive end Chandler Jones has not been with the Raiders this week and that’s not expected to change this weekend.

Jones has created and deleted numerous social media posts accusing the Raiders organization, head coach Josh McDaniels, and General Manager Dave Ziegler of barring him from the team facility in recent days. One of the posts also accuses the team of sending the Las Vegas Crisis Response Team to his home.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the Chiefs fans are being a little harsh on Toney. He had one awful game. He isn't the sole reason they lost the game. Many drops in this game, Mahomes missed open WR's... He surely had critical moments where he messed up that could have led to a win but so did many other players.

He was also playing at about 70% healthy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the Chiefs fans are being a little harsh on Toney. He had one awful game. He isn't the sole reason they lost the game. Many drops in this game, Mahomes missed open WR's... He surely had critical moments where he messed up that could have led to a win but so did many other players.

I know many point to his drop that led to the pick 6. Reality is Mahomes was all over the place in this one and had multiple INT's dropped from bad decisions/throws by him. I think I've only seen one game where Mahomes threw worse than this and that was a Colts game a few years ago where he was missing guys wide open.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toney had 3 drops down the stretch of the game. If he makes 2 of the 3 catches they win the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toney had 3 drops down the stretch of the game. If he makes 2 of the 3 catches they win the game.

I would agree those played a part. I don't think it is hard to see though that there were just as many of those kind of plays for the Lions that went against them. Fumbling in the Red Zone taking 3 points off the board for the Lions. Marvin Jones had one of his worst games as a receiver with a couple of drops that sidelined some drives for the Lions.

Toney deserves plenty of blame in this one but I would put a decent amount on Mahomes as well as some other WR's for not making plays.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many point to his drop that led to the pick 6. Reality is Mahomes was all over the place in this one and had multiple INT's dropped from bad decisions/throws by him. I think I've only seen one game where Mahomes threw worse than this and that was a Colts game a few years ago where he was missing guys wide open.
That last drop by Toney was also thrown a bit behind him. Mahomes wasn't his best, but some of that can be attributed to the cast of players he was throwing to as I think Toney should have sat more on that route as well so a little blame to go around.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fully understand this. I watched the game. I don't know that the second drop is the difference in winning or losing. The first and third one could have been. But how do we know? What happens if the Chiefs punt that first drop instead of the pick 6 and the Lions end up scoring anyway? What happens if the 3rd drop the Chiefs turn the ball over the next play? You can't say "THEY WOULD HAVE WON" because we don't know what would have happened after that. That's the mindset of a fan. Always looking for one person to blame. Chiefs would have had to still finish drives, make a FG or a TD or play defense... We don't know what the results would have been. Could you say Toney played a big part in their loss??? WELL, of course.

My point is there are plenty of other players you can look back at and say "if" this... Toney had crucial drops. I don't even really consider the second drop his fault. Richie James crossed him over. Sure, he could have caught it. The pick 6 was brutal. The 3rd play he should have had but it wasn't a great pass either. My point though is that you could look back to several other plays and said "if this would have happened KC would have won"... Mahomes missed Skyy Moore wide open once in the middle of the field which would have kept a drive going. If Bryan Cook makes a tackle on David Montgomery the game could have been different. Toney had the most obvious but in a 21-20 game you can come up with countless plays that could have turned the tide in this game. Lions made just as many blunders had they lost the game that you could have pointed back to.

Reactions: DJ

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. Great post here. People are going to blame Toney.. Mahomes could have easily had a game ending INT to Chauncey Gardner-Johnson too. What about the cruddy play of the defense at times? The special teams blunder when the Lions faked the punt inside their own territory? If Marvin Jones doesn't fumble early in the game?

One player did not single handily lose this game like most fans act... He sure contributed in a large way to the loss though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a game ends 21-20 you can point to about 20 things in a game that could have changed the game around. The problem is Toney had 2-3 of them and the most obvious.

Games like this remind you of why you almost wish you would lose by two scores instead of one point. What if, what if, what if.

Lions outplayed the Chiefs in this game. We live in a society where everyone wants to point the finger at one person to place blame upon.

This is a team game... Lots of things led to the Chiefs losing this game. If the Chiefs kick a last second FG we would be pointing to 20 things that led to the Lions losing this game.