• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Webster and Ware to IR. Peko and Nixon activated

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Emmanuel Sanders possibly became more of a locker room cancer as the season went on talking bad about teammates and just refusing to talk to a lot of people especially the media. Not sure what to think about that.
Sanders wants to talk face to face with DBag

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am looking forward to seeing Kyle Peko on Sunday .. the guy has some great athletic tools

He might not even be activate.
I'm sure this is the end of the line for Jordan Norwood as he will not play Sunday ..

And before anyone says "thank god", Norwood is a upstanding, fine human being who had one hell of a punt return on the biggest stage of all - a game changer that lit some excitement on a team whose offense was absolutely dead ..

I don't care what happened this season, I'll always remember him for that ..

Peko may not be active. Hope he is though.

Agree on Norwood. Very rough year for him, but Ill always remember him for the person he is and his PR that really started to make me feel like "I think we actually gonna win this one"

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might not even be activate.

Peko may not be active. Hope he is though.

Agree on Norwood. Very rough year for him, but Ill always remember him for the person he is and his PR that really started to make me feel like "I think we actually gonna win this one"
As far as Norwood goes........it's not how you start,but how you finish. Let down. Simple. You either make steps in this league or you find yourself looking for work.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Norwood goes........it's not how you start,but how you finish. Let down. Simple. You either make steps in this league or you find yourself looking for work.

An undrafted free agent who was cut twice by the Browns, once by the Eagles and once by the Bucs helped win a Super Bowl for Peyton Manning

Yep, Manning finished on top

Thank you Jordan Norwood

ealyint.gif

norwood-return-sm.w710.h473.gif

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his time to move on, but cant nobody take away the play he gave us in the SB and the memory it made. And he is currently in the record book (Still cant believe there has never been a PR for TD in SB history)...

I hope he lands on his feet elsewhere next year and plays another year or two. If not, a 7 year career is pretty darn impressive.

Great human being who had his moments and his struggles like most players have. He was awful this year, there is no disputing that, but yes I agree with Spirit you have to appreciate the good he gave u and he was a big part of our SB win last year.

Nobody here is arguing that his play declined this year or that he was awful this year. Spirit is simply remembering the good in Jordan Norwood. Nothing wrong with that as we reflect. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many times in the coaches tape I saw Sanders running free waving his hands in the air. He probably very frustrated with the whole year. Seems like a "kicking and screaming " kind of guy.

Just reporting what I have heard. And yeah I saw that Sanders was none too happy about him being talked about as a cancer. I really hope they can get him on today to talk about this. To me media people should be held accountable for what they say about these players. Right now there just is no regulation even if what they say ends up destroying a player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his time to move on, but cant nobody take away the play he gave us in the SB and the memory it made. And he is currently in the record book (Still cant believe there has never been a PR for TD in SB history)...

I hope he lands on his feet elsewhere next year and plays another year or two. If not, a 7 year career is pretty darn impressive.

Great human being who had his moments and his struggles like most players have. He was awful this year, there is no disputing that, but yes I agree with Spirit you have to appreciate the good he gave u and he was a big part of our SB win last year.

Nobody here is arguing that his play declined this year or that he was awful this year. Spirit is simply remembering the good in Jordan Norwood. Nothing wrong with that as we reflect. :)

Agreed have to appreciate what he gave us. That doesn't mean he is above criticism though as some of his mistakes contributed big time to the struggles this season. He had some game defining turnovers that right now are part of the reason we are playing a meaningless game this Sunday and watching other teams in the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

A fresh start though is probably what he needs. I wish him well whatever happens. Good guy and I do appreciate how he has handled himself with the media after these bad plays this year and after the whole Talib shoving him incident.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders will be fine. It was a very frustrating year for our WR's, as DT and Sanders were really all we had on offense and while they both posted 1,000 yard years, they have what? 4 and 5 td's each? I can feel their frustrations. It will get better for them in Denver. DT is much quieter about it.

Ill never forget when we moved on from Tebow with Manning and DT made a comment about being nice to play for a great QB and people took the comment to the bank like he was dissing Tebow which he wasn't. He's been quiet ever since. :) DT is not a leader but what I do appreciate about him is he is the furthest thing from a DIVA WR... Sanders is a lot more emotional and that is ok! Sometimes we feed off his emotion.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed have to appreciate what he gave us. That doesn't mean he is above criticism though as some of his mistakes contributed big time to the struggles this season. He had some game defining turnovers that right now are part of the reason we are playing a meaningless game this Sunday and watching other teams in the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

A fresh start though is probably what he needs. I wish him well whatever happens. Good guy and I do appreciate how he has handled himself with the media after these bad plays this year and after the whole Talib shoving him incident.

Right. This is a message board of course people are going to criticize him. We all have, but I do agree with Spirit that the guy gave us some good moments too and we have to remember that about Jordan Norwood as his Bronco career comes to an end.

The Jets and Lions both brought him in for a visit last year maybe he will play another year or two as a 4th WR. Who knows, if not... You don't last 7 years in the NFL being "terrible".

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders will be fine. It was a very frustrating year for our WR's, as DT and Sanders were really all we had on offense and while they both posted 1,000 yard years, they have what? 4 and 5 td's each? I can feel their frustrations. It will get better for them in Denver. DT is much quieter about it.

Ill never forget when we moved on from Tebow with Manning and DT made a comment about being nice to play for a great QB and people took the comment to the bank like he was dissing Tebow which he wasn't. He's been quiet ever since. :) DT is not a leader but what I do appreciate about him is he is the furthest thing from a DIVA WR... Sanders is a lot more emotional and that is ok! Sometimes we feed off his emotion.

Agreed. This has to have been a frustrating year for everybody on the team. Just having watched the coaches film Sanders definitely has plenty of beef with how they used him this year. Not sure I have seen a WR better at getting open in a hurry than that of Sanders. It would baffle many if they went and watched the coaches film how good of a route runner he is. Honestly he should have 15 catches a game with how often he is open.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. This is a message board of course people are going to criticize him. We all have, but I do agree with Spirit that the guy gave us some good moments too and we have to remember that about Jordan Norwood as his Bronco career comes to an end.

The Jets and Lions both brought him in for a visit last year maybe he will play another year or two as a 4th WR. Who knows, if not... You don't last 7 years in the NFL being "terrible".

Agreed. He deserves a roster spot somewhere. I just know in Denver unless he does something incredible next season people are not going to let go of the bad. He could catch most every pass thrown his way but he drops one and everybody will be in the "why is Norwood still on this team" warpath. He needs to go to a new team where fans haven't seen all these muffed punts and dropped passes to get a fair shake.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an UFA at end of year as he signed a 1 year deal last year... I'd be shocked if he was re-signed. I think our depth at WR will look much different next year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This has to have been a frustrating year for everybody on the team. Just having watched the coaches film Sanders definitely has plenty of beef with how they used him this year. Not sure I have seen a WR better at getting open in a hurry than that of Sanders. It would baffle many if they went and watched the coaches film how good of a route runner he is. Honestly he should have 15 catches a game with how often he is open.

He has 50 reasons to lighten the f up . not all years turn out . When Oz went all turn coat all things changed

Oz would of had a full off season . That in tell would gave him time to of worked with his WR for all of the off season

QB's also do not block or run for RB's

OL was putrid that was on Elway in the end .

there is 50 reason Elway is fine in my book ...but that is just me .

Now one last statement from me Elway won his SB he thought LT was important ....I hope he gets really serious about OL because this year it was a wad up some wet paper balls and see if it sticks .

We need a OL fixed I don't give a fuck what anyone says . We still had a SB team . OL is a mess and at this point people can pars all they like

OL was a mess two years that now on the head of the team . Elway knows that as a QB what he has had put in font of this team and what he asked the rest to do to cover for his mess . at some point he needs to step up . he was a QB for god's sakes he has to know QB's getting pummeled with Dime store discounts LT will at some point cause animosity

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He deserves a roster spot somewhere. I just know in Denver unless he does something incredible next season people are not going to let go of the bad. He could catch most every pass thrown his way but he drops one and everybody will be in the "why is Norwood still on this team" warpath. He needs to go to a new team where fans haven't seen all these muffed punts and dropped passes to get a fair shake.

first off it usually takes two years to completely come back from the injurie he had when you add he is a cut/speed guy .

in the end good luck thank you buddy .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off it usually takes two years to completely come back from the injurie he had when you add he is a cut/speed guy .

in the end good luck thank you buddy .

What injury did Norwood have?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 50 reasons to lighten the f up . not all years turn out . When Oz went all turn coat all things changed

Oz would of had a full off season . That in tell would gave him time to of worked with his WR for all of the off season

QB's also do not block or run for RB's

OL was putrid that was on Elway in the end .

there is 50 reason Elway is fine in my book ...but that is just me .

Now one last statement from me Elway won his SB he thought LT was important ....I hope he gets really serious about OL because this year it was a wad up some wet paper balls and see if it sticks .

We need a OL fixed I don't give a fuck what anyone says . We still had a SB team . OL is a mess and at this point people can pars all they like

OL was a mess two years that now on the head of the team . Elway knows that as a QB what he has had put in font of this team and what he asked the rest to do to cover for his mess . at some point he needs to step up . he was a QB for god's sakes he has to know QB's getting pummeled with Dime store discounts LT will at some point cause animosity

Few things here...

1) I don't think anybody here is saying the Broncos don't need to improve the OL. Even after the Super Bowl win all of us here said the OL has to be improved.

2) I do think Elway has done a lot to try and fix the OL it just hasn't worked out too well. Last year injuries decimated the OL. We were on our 3rd string Tackles on both sides. No team can account for that. Then both Guards were very hobbled and couldn't even play an entire game. So that means we had only 1 starter that wasn't hurt last year in Paradis and it was his first year starting.

This year we pretty much brought in 4 new starters. Even the most optimistic person knows when you do that it takes time to get the unit to gel. Most of the pieces brought in though unfortunately just haven't quite worked out for many different reasons.

Okung to me was actually a solid investment in FA. He hasn't done terrible this year and with our team struggling to run the football it makes any OL players job that much harder when teams know you are going to pass. Also running behind him we nearly averaged 5 yards per carry. He wasn't the issue in the run game.

Stephenson was a terrible pick up for Elway. It does happen that Elway misses every once in a while. He will need to be replaced.

Beyond that part of it is just draft they haven't invested as much as they should. I do think they were hoping for a lot from Sambrailo this year. Unfortunately for him his entire career has been on the injury list. To me that isn't on Elway as Sambrailo didn't really have much of an injury history before coming to Denver. You cannot just expect injuries will happen like that. So the one high round draft pick we did invest in the OL just can't get on the field.

So if there is a critique of Elway in this situation it is not investing enough draft capital in the OL. I wouldn't trade any of our 1st round picks at this point though as all of them have been huge contributors to this team. 2nd round is where you can point some fingers and say should have gone OL instead of guys like Ball and Latimer.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things here...

1) I don't think anybody here is saying the Broncos don't need to improve the OL. Even after the Super Bowl win all of us here said the OL has to be improved.

2) I do think Elway has done a lot to try and fix the OL it just hasn't worked out too well. Last year injuries decimated the OL. We were on our 3rd string Tackles on both sides. No team can account for that. Then both Guards were very hobbled and couldn't even play an entire game. So that means we had only 1 starter that wasn't hurt last year in Paradis and it was his first year starting.

This year we pretty much brought in 4 new starters. Even the most optimistic person knows when you do that it takes time to get the unit to gel. Most of the pieces brought in though unfortunately just haven't quite worked out for many different reasons.

Okung to me was actually a solid investment in FA. He hasn't done terrible this year and with our team struggling to run the football it makes any OL players job that much harder when teams know you are going to pass. Also running behind him we nearly averaged 5 yards per carry. He wasn't the issue in the run game.

Stephenson was a terrible pick up for Elway. It does happen that Elway misses every once in a while. He will need to be replaced.

Beyond that part of it is just draft they haven't invested as much as they should. I do think they were hoping for a lot from Sambrailo this year. Unfortunately for him his entire career has been on the injury list. To me that isn't on Elway as Sambrailo didn't really have much of an injury history before coming to Denver. You cannot just expect injuries will happen like that. So the one high round draft pick we did invest in the OL just can't get on the field.

So if there is a critique of Elway in this situation it is not investing enough draft capital in the OL. I wouldn't trade any of our 1st round picks at this point though as all of them have been huge contributors to this team. 2nd round is where you can point some fingers and say should have gone OL instead of guys like Ball and Latimer.

In the Latimer draft, Mehowt, Moses and Britt all starters for their team and were the next OLineman drafted, Then the next drafted was Billy Turner. Elway may have drafted Stanley Jean-Baptiste however.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT to me will never be that guy. How he keeps getting voted MVP I just don't understand. He doesn't have the fire needed to be the voice that rises up when things are going bad. I've talked to some media people about him and they said he is more of a quiet try to lead by example type guy. Which is great but not sure so much as our captain. CJ Anderson is more that type of guy so hopefully he can stay healthy and be that voice for the team. Or hope above all hope that Lynch develops and players start responding to him. He was that type of player in college

We are wasting DT's talent here. He is just another WR in this O.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are wasting DT's talent here. He is just another WR in this O.

Oh I wouldn't go that far. He and Sanders both just had over 1000 yard seasons even with terrible QB play and terrible OL play. Fix the OL and they can both be even more effective in helping this team win. Kubiak's system while it is a run first offense still features the top-2 pass catchers. I mean Andre Johnson was a beast with Kubiak in Houston.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Latimer draft, Mehowt, Moses and Britt all starters for their team and were the next OLineman drafted, Then the next drafted was Billy Turner. Elway may have drafted Stanley Jean-Baptiste however.

I would have loved to have had Moses. His athleticism was pretty darn impressive in college and he is turning into a decent RT for the Redskins.