• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Webster and Ware to IR. Peko and Nixon activated

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know - I would have to also criticize the ball distribution to the wide receivers produced by play calling, substitution, or QB favorites. When you have DT and Sanders and you are failing to give them opportunities to make plays - then the play on the field is wacky and the salary structure is wacky.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some times that takes two Seasons to b
Few things here...

1) I don't think anybody here is saying the Broncos don't need to improve the OL. Even after the Super Bowl win all of us here said the OL has to be improved.

2) I do think Elway has done a lot to try and fix the OL it just hasn't worked out too well. Last year injuries decimated the OL. We were on our 3rd string Tackles on both sides. No team can account for that. Then both Guards were very hobbled and couldn't even play an entire game. So that means we had only 1 starter that wasn't hurt last year in Paradis and it was his first year starting.

This year we pretty much brought in 4 new starters. Even the most optimistic person knows when you do that it takes time to get the unit to gel. Most of the pieces brought in though unfortunately just haven't quite worked out for many different reasons.

Okung to me was actually a solid investment in FA. He hasn't done terrible this year and with our team struggling to run the football it makes any OL players job that much harder when teams know you are going to pass. Also running behind him we nearly averaged 5 yards per carry. He wasn't the issue in the run game.

Stephenson was a terrible pick up for Elway. It does happen that Elway misses every once in a while. He will need to be replaced.

Beyond that part of it is just draft they haven't invested as much as they should. I do think they were hoping for a lot from Sambrailo this year. Unfortunately for him his entire career has been on the injury list. To me that isn't on Elway as Sambrailo didn't really have much of an injury history before coming to Denver. You cannot just expect injuries will happen like that. So the one high round draft pick we did invest in the OL just can't get on the field.

So if there is a critique of Elway in this situation it is not investing enough draft capital in the OL. I wouldn't trade any of our 1st round picks at this point though as all of them have been huge contributors to this team. 2nd round is where you can point some fingers and say should have gone OL instead of guys like Ball and Latimer.

I agree .. I was saying pretty much the same .. I would only say what I said and that is SB gives Elway plenty lead way .

The people that have sucked two seasons need to be demoted OL Coach and O Coach ..Otherwise I am very happy

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know - I would have to also criticize the ball distribution to the wide receivers produced by play calling, substitution, or QB favorites. When you have DT and Sanders and you are failing to give them opportunities to make plays - then the play on the field is wacky and the salary structure is wacky.

That bland ass play book needs burnt . all of it .

We was about as basic as Peewee football ..

Did we even run west coast .. I am really lost what we aiming for no change up when we failed to move the ball ..

I guess I need to watch game film of this mess .. I really tuned out most weeks after getting board to death I really only watched half of the games at best my hart was not in it after they started there little take a knee

I never watched a game other than the Broncos . After this week no more football for me and I will watch this week only if Rookies play that have not before or Lynch plays other wise who cares .

We are done and so are the Raiders .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively so much went wrong. I'm not sure that the playbook so much was bland or that the coaches lacked any creativity. I think because of our struggles to run the ball it made it impossible to get to the plays that bring about creativity. We have to remember a couple of things...

1) The defense really struggled early on in games getting the team behind very quickly 7-10 points sometimes before we even had our 2nd drive of the game. This begins to limit the run game a bit when we are having to start throwing it as quickly.

2) Then you add even when we did try to run the ball the right side of the OL especially was just getting destroyed almost every single play. Teams were not having to send extra people into the box to stop anything. They could leave an extra safety deep to help stop the pass.

3) Teams also just were not biting on the play action parts of our play book. Those are where most of the creativity of this offense really come into play. Kubiak is great at drawing up those plays that suck the defense up and then beat them for a big play over the top.

This is why it is so critical for us to fix the OL. The entire offense really is predicated on us being able to establish the run game and then build the pass game off of it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and he has never been quite as good changing direction

I guess I really haven't really noticed an issue with him changing direction.

The issue I see is fumbling the football.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I really haven't really noticed an issue with him changing direction.

The issue I see is fumbling the football.

Hope he figures out were ever he goes . Bless him .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Joe Thomas is going to cost us more in a trade then he might be worth. He has steadily declined and Cleveland is going to want a lot for him. I am interested, but only for the right price.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of good or great offensive linemen in the league really sucks right now. The Broncos must find a way to bolster that line if we want to get back to the Super Bowl while we still have a championship caliber defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Joe Thomas is going to cost us more in a trade then he might be worth. He has steadily declined and Cleveland is going to want a lot for him. I am interested, but only for the right price.

Agreed. This year he actually gave up a lot of pressure in the pass game and was just above average in the run game. This is why a guy like Whitworth to me is the better route to go. He doesn't cost us anything in a trade, will cost pretty close to the same cap hit wise, and actually had a much better season than Thomas this past year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell you what was worse - the talent on the Oline being bad - or bad olinemen refusing to play together?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 35 year old LT instead of a 10+ All Pro 32 year old ? I'll trade the draft pick and his pedigree for the next 4 years at which point he will be the same age as Whitworth.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 35 year old LT instead of a 10+ All Pro 32 year old ? I'll trade the draft pick and his pedigree for the next 4 years at which point he will be the same age as Whitworth.

Well that 35 year old just outplayed Thomas in my opinion. He allowed about half the sacks/pressures/hits of Thomas this year and at least from what I watched of the two was a better run blocker.

Thomas is still a very good player but I do believe he has shown some signs of decline. Maybe getting traded to a Super Bowl contender helps bring him back up but again if we can get a guy of equal value without having to trade for him I would rather go that route.