• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

we get to see how Iowa stacks up to one of the nations best this week

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops drinks? It's clear he is into Buckeye Gatorade...

No way is the score of this game close to that..NO WAY..

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to be successful early on with our offense...if it turns into more of the same bullshit like what happened 2 weeks ago hoops could be spot on...we can't afford to have our defense on the field 20 of the first 30 minutes or it's an ass whooping like you've never seen

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by successful I mean a few sustained drives of 8 plays or more

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops is a Cyclone fan, he said we would get beat by the clowns also. Haters gonna hate...

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops is a Cyclone fan, he said we would get beat by the clowns also. Haters gonna hate...

Clown fan or not I'm not drinking the kook-aid...the last time I did was when Ricky Stanzi had an awesome senior season yet we went 8-5....I legitimately thought we were one of the top 4 teams in the nation...I have since stopped drinking the kook-aid...I'm not saying we can't win but alot of things have to align for us to even have a chance...the one good thing we've got going for us is their 18 game win streak...they are bound to lose here soon

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I did predict that ISU would beat Iowa. After reading about ISU getting beat by UNI...no way on earth Iowa gets beat by ISU this year. I thought ISU had more depth than what they currently do.

What has Iowa shown this season?

No. Illinois...same old crapola that we've witnessed before from KF and his program
Missouri St...Iowa gets the win 28-14 but is totally unimpressive in the win. MOST scores 14 points against Iowa's defense in the 4th quarter
@ Iowa St...botched special teams play again that made the game interesting. However, Iowa dominated ISU this year until late in the game.
W. Michigan...finally a dominant performance against a bad team in all phases of the game.
@ Minnesota...a dominant game by Iowa that isn't reflected in the final score
Michigan St...same conservative game plan against an upper division opponent. Iowa's offense and defense was exposed. And then there is Iowa's special teams play.

What will change from KF and the program against the remaining schedule: @ Ohio St, Northwestern, Wisconsin, @ Purdue, Michigan, and @ Nebraska? Counting the Michigan St game, Iowa's got 6 tough opponents in 7 games.

At this point, I would say the game against Purdue is a win. I might say that also for the Northwestern game. However, Iowa will run the ball against NW...but will the defense be able to stop NWs offense? And then factor in special teams play against NW. I'm thinking Fitzy comes up with some special teams trick plays against Iowa.

Here's hoping the coaching improves and produces wins!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is a very young team this season, which means that they will steadily improve as the season goes along.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa was a young team last year and the year before that, young schmung, Jameis Winston, Johnny Manziel, all kinds of guys, etc...all young and on winning teams highly ranked, young means nothing if they can get the coaching and go out and play.

Let's stop using the young thing, I don't think it holds water with anything but lineman and even then I see freshman and sophomores starting all over the country and doing well.

I am hoping MSU is an aberration but I think Iowa needs to stop abandoning the up tempo plan and go with it. I am not even going to try to predict the rest of the schedule...we have very winnable games, but we need the whole team coaches and players to do their best.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree! You are saying young players don't improve as the season progresses???[/QUOT

He's saying that excuse is worn out. Been used for the last 3 seasons. excuses are like assholes....

For the record, I don't think we get blown out, but I don't see a win either.

Hawkeye flag is flying high today on my porch in Colorado!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep that is what I am saying...young, experienced, etc...you should always get better with every practice, every game, film sessions, etc..you find mistakes and don't make them again...if someone is better than you, well you get beat, but if you get beat by your own mistakes over and over again (fake punts) then you are a fool.

this team can win today, it can lose small or get blown out, I see all 3 scenarios as valid depending on which Iowa team shows up

the thing you are saying Aaron is that young teams make more mistakes which need to be corrected, but...why isn't the coaching staff getting that corrected in subsequent games, if we see the same stoppage of the run game today like the one from MSU then I put that on coaching, need better plays, need to know how to block, etc...unless someone thinks OSU's defense is so good that they will just overpower Iowa's O line and our RB's...Just my opinion

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Iowa really a 17.5 point underdog in this game? wow

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far, after 1 quarter, OSU is a 7 point underdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like my "excuses" are pretty valid..... & adjustments and improvements were made....

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are no excuses, they really aren't a young team actually...solid game, if 20 wasn't holding our defensive guy on the Hyde play they wouldn't have scored that second TD there...the refs missed a huge hit to the head on Jake and then a forearm shiver...not exactly great job there, but our "slow" team did pretty good

NW lost, Michigan barely got by Indiana, MSU barely beat Purdue at home, OSU barely gets by Iowa, be interesting to see the Wisconsin Illinois game tonight.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like my "excuses" are pretty valid..... & adjustments and improvements were made....

But the reality is ... not enough adjustments and improvements were made today. Poor tackling. KF calling the offensive and defensive plays in the second half. Iowa was dominated today. OSU runs for 273 yards and passes for 222 yards. Time of possession -10 minutes against Iowa. 18 second half offensive plays (yes Iowa runs more plays but the long TD pass to the TE was awesome!). Miller throws 22-27 against Iowa's pass defense. We saw a clear lack of speed on Iowa's roster today.

Iowa has yet to play 4 quarters of football at a very high level. I can't explain the difference in play calling in the first half and the second half. Iowa's defense couldn't get off the field all game. I saw no defensive adjustments made today.

IF -- Iowa's offense executes the way they did for four quarters in their remaining games, Iowa will win a bunch of those games!!! Otherwise, Iowa might lose the rest of their games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... A team that will lose 2 offensive starters is a veteran team????? Hoops, there is no way that you are an Iowa fan....

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

You continue to have blinders on. We've been down this road before.

What changes did Iowa make in the second half of today's game? None on the defensive side of the ball. Iowa's defense couldn't get off of the field in second half. Iowa's defense stopped OSU enough in the 1st half but couldn't pull away. Iowa's offense made one play in the second half with that long TD toss to Duzey (awesome to see him outrun the OSU secondary).

I didn't see Iowa get to Miller much today. Miller had to scramble to get away...and he did all game long. Didn't matter that Iowa's D-Line was able to get pressure on Miller...Miller simply slipped out the backside and ran for first downs.

Iowa should have beaten No. Illinois, Michigan St, and Ohio St this year - all three were winnable.