• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

we get to see how Iowa stacks up to one of the nations best this week

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa would have had a stud WR to go along with their TE's they may have pulled that game out on Saturday.
I was thoroughly impressed with their play calling throughout the game
the 85 yard td pass was such a great play call at the right time, game would have been put out of reach had the Buckeyes gotten a stop on that possession. 1st and 20 deep on your side of the field and you call a great pass play.

Props to the Hawkeyes on doing your best to punch a hole right through the Buckeyes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of character Hoops... Why is it that you only come on this site to dog the Hawks? I have yet to read one of your posts (including on CBS), that didn't have a negative meaning/"rational thought", even after Iowa beat Missouri you continued to find every negative about why the Hawks won. My question is, what kind of "fan" does this? Do you go to games? How exactly do you support your "favorite" team? Sports are emotional, as are fans that support their team, but with your vast athletic participation... I would assume that you know that..

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

My reference point(s) is/are that of a coach. I've always coached to take away aspects of our opponents games in order to give my team the best chance to win. I coached every player from day one because I don't know when I will need them to step in and contribute. I coached to win the game early and to put our opponent away before the 4th quarter comes around.

What type of character do I have: I wish Iowa wins every game that they play - in any sport. Doesn't matter. I've always wanted that to happen! And I've given the necessary props for a job well done. I've agreed with others with their statements. I've eaten my share of 'crow' as well. Always have...Always will...

I've been to games on the sideline, in the stands, and way back in my playing days on the field. I've refereed games, I've kept the clock at games. So what? I've won many games and lost games. So what?

Coaches look at games from a different vantage point: How would you coach a team to beat these guys? What formations/sets would work...wouldn't work...substitution patterns...timeouts...game/clock management...the 'trick' play...everything that goes into coaching goes through my mind - all in an effort to win.

Very true - sports are emotional - but some people allow their emotions to block their ability to think/perform, hence having blinders on. For those people, the game doesn't slow down for them, it is one constant blur. I've coached games where those emotional players allowed their emotions to wear themselves out. And when the game mattered, they had nothing left to stop my team.

I've watched that Missouri game a number of times. Iowa's pass defense couldn't stop Missouri - and yet Iowa wins a big game. That happens in sport! How much pressure did Iowa put on Blaine Gabbert that game? Not a lot. And that IS factoring in the NFL talent on that Iowa team. Iowa wins that game because a veteran player - Gabbert - throws a horrible pass at a critical time in the game. No one was around him - I think the closest Iowa player near Gabbert was Clayborn...maybe 5-yards away from him...and Gabbert throws it right at Hyde. That happens in sport! Great for Hyde and Iowa. Bad for Missouri.

Answer me this Aaron, what does KF dial up on defense when facing a mobile/athletic QB in any form of shotgun/pistol formation?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Hoops being a coach again..... What exactly and where exactly have you coached/played? I'm sure that you will duck this question as always, because you are an internet superstar, nothing more, nothing less... Do they have sports in Lone Tree? Do share your story of glory.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

We've been down this road before. It is a message board. You can believe...or not. I won't lose sleep over that point. So...what? I guess we can agree to disagree. Lone Tree, just another city like central Iowa: Urbandale, Johnston, Waukee, etc. I've been to 'em all. Plus a whole lot more in the USA and Europe that I've been in. So what! Besides, it's been awhile since I've been in LT - So What!!!

I'll wait to hear back from you for what KF will dial up against mobile/athletic QBs in the shotgun/pistol formations in his time as Iowa's Head Football coach.

And Go Hawks! Beat those NW Wildcats.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

I don't seek to inflate who I am on a message board. And I've lived in many places. So what! Many people don't return to small town USA. Again, SO WHAT! Can't seem to understand what your obsession is with a town that I've lived in...but to each his own I guess...

The complete BS that you refer to...the failure on your part to not answer my previous question.

Go Hawkeyes!!! Beat those NW Wildcats!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

I don't seek to inflate who I am on a message board. And I've lived in many places. So what! Many people don't return to small town USA. Again, SO WHAT! Can't seem to understand what your obsession is with a town that I've lived in...but to each his own I guess...

The complete BS that you refer to...the failure on your part to not answer my previous question.

Go Hawkeyes!!! Beat those NW Wildcats!

LMAO!!!!!! You don't??? I've coached this, I've coached that, USA, Europe, etc. Yet you don't validate anything that you claim. You are the manilli vanilli of the message board world. You sir are a Internet rockstar!!! I'm done with your nonsensical rhetoric. Good luck in your moms basement..

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

Doesn't that mean that I am old? I've done a lot...in a lot of different places. So what. I've won, I've lost...just like everyone else in every other place. I'm fine with what I have accomplished. I wish that I would have done better in some places. Sometimes, I got lucky...sometimes I wasn't lucky. Validation: some years first...some were last...some were everywhere in between. Doesn't mean I must tell you everyone coaching stop that I've had. On a message board, everyone can be a 'rockstar'. You believe or you don't. Makes no difference to me.

Still waiting for your response to my previous question.