• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new info on sex scandal rumor involving Wash? Nothing in this part of the woods.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new info on sex scandal rumor involving Wash? Nothing in this part of the woods.

No new info that I've heard, but the rumor is slowly gaining steam as sites like Lone Star Ball and Yahoo Sports are now reporting the same info. Ben & Skin on ESPN Radio confirmed that the assault was what they had heard in rumblings in and around the Rangers clubhouse. No major outlets or sites like ESPN or CBS Sports are reporting it yet. I'm assuming they will wait on an official arrest or confirmation from either Wash or law enforcement before running the story. From the limited amount I've heard, this actually does seem to be legit unfortunately. I keep hoping to hear that it's somehow a false rumor though.

No one has come out and categorically denied it yet, which seems strange if it were in fact false.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No new info that I've heard, but the rumor is slowly gaining steam as sites like Lone Star Ball and Yahoo Sports are now reporting the same info. Ben & Skin on ESPN Radio confirmed that the assault was what they had heard in rumblings in and around the Rangers clubhouse. No major outlets or sites like ESPN or CBS Sports are reporting it yet. I'm assuming they will wait on an official arrest or confirmation from either Wash or law enforcement before running the story. From the limited amount I've heard, this actually does seem to be legit unfortunately. I keep hoping to hear that it's somehow a false rumor though.

No one has come out and categorically denied it yet, which seems strange if it were in fact false.
Thanks Will. This is just a kick in the teeth if indeed true. The team deserves better and certainly not this.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this has not made any news outlets so not sure what to think.

Again, the local press usually doesn't want to ruffle any feathers when it comes to the Rangers. If this had been a Cowboys story the press would have broke it before any resignation took place. The press are like ravenous wolves when it comes to the Cowboys and meek sheep when it comes to the Rangers.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Washington will make a statement today at 1:30 about his resignation.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Evan this morning with the musers and he said there will be a statement but ultimately probably won't have any information as to what the reason is for his resignation.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Evan this morning with the musers and he said there will be a statement but ultimately probably won't have any information as to what the reason is for his resignation.

then why bother?:noidea:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... he was "untrue to his wife" after 42 years. That only partially clears up the picture. People going through divorces and problems due to infidelity don't usually just up and quit their jobs. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than what we've been told. Still... weird.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... he was "untrue to his wife" after 42 years. That only partially clears up the picture. People going through divorces and problems due to infidelity don't usually just up and quit their jobs. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than what we've been told. Still... weird.

In this day and age in sports, that's nothing! Look at the NFL and all that shit!:lame:

I don't dismiss that he wants to fix his personal life, it just seems strange he couldn't keep his job and work on his personal stuff at the same time especially since the season is close to being over.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this day and age in sports, that's nothing! Look at the NFL and all that shit!:lame:

I don't dismiss that he wants to fix his personal life, it just seems strange he couldn't keep his job and work on his personal stuff at the same time especially since the season is close to being over.

My point exactly. Which is why I suspect there is more to this than just an act of infidelity. Oh well.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe the job led him down the path of being untrue ...

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managers don't quit because they had an affair. Way more to this story than we know. The Asian reporter story makes some sense if she were assigned to cover Yu Darvish and would always be around and thus his wife says either leave the Rangers or I'm leaving you. Just speculating. What a weird story.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some kind of gambling or all money disappearing due to terrible financial decision?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
him and JD are "not cool" so there HAS to be more than that.... now there's gambling or some type of capital involved? JFC man this is just loony

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
him and JD are "not cool" so there HAS to be more than that.... now there's gambling or some type of capital involved? JFC man this is just loony

I really do not think his resignation has anything to do with JD and is all on Wash. And based on this he is not a very smart man. The fact that he was given a chance after being caught with cocaine there is no way he can logically think that the position he is in as a manager of an MLB team that he would not get caught doing something else.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it up man...Seriously...JD had fucking nothing to do with it. Accept it and move on. This is all on Wash's behavior.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some kind of gambling or all money disappearing due to terrible financial decision?

then it's likely he is dealing with multiple issues. people don't go get a lawyer with SEC experience unless they have the SEC up their ass.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then it's likely he is dealing with multiple issues. people don't go get a lawyer with SEC experience unless they have the SEC up their ass.

Should have talked to Mark Cuban. He beat the SEC.