• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Vs Grizzlies

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and about Tim Hudson. At this point of his career he's a average pitcher. Not a stud

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and about Tim Hudson. At this point of his career he's a average pitcher. Not a stud

I think he's going to surprise you pitching at AT&T.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1, although you stole the Sugar Ray/Duran comparison from FSNBA. ;)

The Warriors looked legit last night against a team they do not match up well against. Would they have beat them with Steph? I'd like to think so. Either way, the fact that they showed they can bang with a bruiser team like Memphis makes me optimistic about the future.
I was fixing and eating din din during the game, so I missed the Duran/Leonard reference during the broadcast and entirely came up with that analogy on my own. As it is an incredibly apt comparison, (which certainly dates old men like myself), I would imagine that many others thought of it as well.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow he had a lot better year than I thought had good advanced stats maybe he can keep it up. But he's well past his prime

He is but he has always pitched well at AT&T and will be another quality starter for the Giants. I actually feel more confident about him than I do Lincecum.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow he had a lot better year than I thought had good advanced stats maybe he can keep it up. But he's well past his prime

I don't think anybody is expecting a 5.0 WAR Huddy. 2.5-3 WAR and 200+ IP would be just fine.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoshi I know you're skeptical but I need more of a sample size to determine if they aren't capable of beating elite teams. To me 2nd seed is the ceiling but more likely a 3-5 seed IMP

5 games against elite teams isn't a large enough sample size so I know what you're asking. However, that could easily have been 0-5 had Iggy not made that shot against OKC. Additionally, in three closing shots, Iggy buried one of them (the OKC game) so the likelihood of him missing the one against OKC was a strong possibility.

I'm not saying the Dubbs are a weak team - they are a very good team playing in a star studded conference where there are probably 4 or 5 teams that could finish above the Warriors. If the Warriors beat LAC on Xmas night and look good against the Spurs, Grizz, and Rockets with a healthy squad, then I'll acknowledge that. But with this bench, I'm not sure the Warriors can be looked upon as a top 3 seed in the West. If it was just based on the starting 5, then that's debatable, but 7 other guys round out the bench and that's what makes or breaks teams down the stretch. Myers has to pick up another scorer and there are a couple of names out there that are interesting.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody is expecting a 5.0 WAR Huddy. 2.5-3 WAR and 200+ IP would be just fine.

I really like the Huddy move. He would have gotten a nicer contract had it not been for the ankle injury. He will look good pitching at AT&T.