• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walker's Miami Dolphins Mock Draft 1.0

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Vernon Hargreaves lll. Teams threw away from him most of the season. He would instantly improve the secondary. He's basically Joe Haden all over again. Who wouldn't want that? CB is obviously our biggest need outside of O line(Once again. So fucking frustrating). I don't know how long they can struggle before they finally figure out that something is wrong and they need to take a different approach to it. Fix the O line, improve the secondary, and bring in a playmaking linebacker, and this team should be good enough to make the playoffs.

Random observation. Is this guy seriously trying to say drafting Goff would be a good idea? Yes, he's a great prospect, and we all know how Rodgers turned out. But that's just wasting a pick on a player that wouldn't even get to play unless they planned on having a QB competition. If they waste the pick on a QB.....I'll lose my mind man. I don't think I could support them if they were idiotic enough to pull that. I'm definitely not as big on Tannehill as I was before, but we've invested in him, and he deserves our support at least for next season to see if he improves. But damn, this guy has to be on something to suggest something so ridiculous.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top CB could be the right choice, I wouldn't discount the impact of a top DE to this team either. I have been thinking that picking a lineman with the #8 pick would be to high since the Fins have good starting OT's, However, if it is an OT that could play OG that would solve a couple of problems. The Fins had a lack of quality depth at OT. That is why Fox was the first guy cut. The Fins also gave up too much pressure up the middle. A top OT would not be pushed around so easily when playing as an OG. I am not saying that should be the pick but it is intriguing. I think a team picks best when they don't chase a pick at a certain position. Instead they pick BPA between a few positions of need at the time of the pick. RE the QB pick of Goff. It would bring serious competition to that position. Goff could sit all next year and be developing. THill would need a good year this upcoming season and in future years to keep his job. Look at what happened in GB. Rodgers sat for years behind Favre before he got his chance to play. I am not saying that should be the pick but it does make some sense. The drawback with picking a QB that early is that you miss out on an impact player that could contribute right away. There will be good QB's available later like Cardale Jones of Ohio State and Jake Coker of Alabama that could be acquired with a later pick. That is how I would pick because the team has immediate needs at other positions.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team can't afford to sit on a QB this year way too many needs...enough said.

If the OT could play OG that would be alright as it covers two positions but ideally they find a OG later in the draft at some point you have to hit one. FA may find you better depth as well just as long as it's cheap.

I just think they can get an impact player it will have better results at LB or CB and there should be one sitting there come their pick. I'd hate to have to go DE I'd rather rework Wakes contract and resign Shelby. Let Vernon walk unless he's economical way too many BS penalties to keep him at a high cap hit. He also should have done better with Wake and Suh when they were altogether and he did F all.