• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller says he can get to Brady in 1 sec.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they don't know how to use it, but they're accountants! There's no approximately in that job. Way back in the day when we were still doing it with calculators when I was working finance they'd give us like a 5 dollar write-off to work with per every 10 thousand dollars.

"The problem here, is we are an accounting company that just happens to do roofing as a side business."
A certain boss of mine.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously that is the stat you are going to use? New England only turned the ball over 14 times this year. That was best in the league. Broncos on the other hand 31 times. That means the Broncos allowed a short field to an opposing offense 16 more times than the Pats this year.

Also just so you know in that score includes pick-6's allowed by the offense which Peyton threw 4 of them this year. The true number for the defense in actual points per game is 16.75 for the year. That would be tops in the NFL by a decent margin.

thanks for making my argument on why the Patriots are the favorite and will likely win. Denver's offense is the weak link.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The problem here, is we are an accounting company that just happens to do roofing as a side business."
A certain boss of mine.

Ha! That's the best shit I've heard in a long time. I could see how that's a pain in the ass then.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for making my argument on why the Patriots are the favorite and will likely win. Denver's offense is the weak link.

No turnovers are the weak link for the Broncos. They struggled a lot in a few games. The 4 losses alone we had 1/3rd of our turnovers. You add the San Diego game at the end of the year where we had 5 and over half our turnovers happened in 5 games this year. When we have lost it has been because the offense had trouble giving up the ball and putting our defense in very bad spots. Bronco fans have been saying for quite a while that if we don't turn the ball over in the playoffs we stand a very very good chance of winning any game we can do that. The Pitt game it looked like they had made a very big effort over the bye week to work on that. Ball carriers were carrying with 2 arms through traffic almost every time. Manning other than 1 throw wasn't even close to throwing an interception. So hopefully the trend continues.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No turnovers are the weak link for the Broncos. They struggled a lot in a few games. The 4 losses alone we had 1/3rd of our turnovers. You add the San Diego game at the end of the year where we had 5 and over half our turnovers happened in 5 games this year. When we have lost it has been because the offense had trouble giving up the ball and putting our defense in very bad spots. Bronco fans have been saying for quite a while that if we don't turn the ball over in the playoffs we stand a very very good chance of winning any game we can do that. The Pitt game it looked like they had made a very big effort over the bye week to work on that. Ball carriers were carrying with 2 arms through traffic almost every time. Manning other than 1 throw wasn't even close to throwing an interception. So hopefully the trend continues.

Bench Peyton, and the Broncos instantly even the playing field and likely win in a close one.

Peyton is being asked to do what no other QB in the AFCCG has ever done. Be the worst ranked QB to win an AFFCCG in AFC history. And that includes guys like Trent Dilfer.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't imagine that went over well with Belichick... but funny none-the-less.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 seconds is what you are shooting for. The Broncos, at least my guess, will try and put more guys closer to the LOS and force Brady to hold onto the ball longer. The Chiefs usually could do this but because their pass rushers were so banged up they actually backed up more than usual in the secondary. They are usually a very aggressive group that relies on their pass rushers but when they realized how little they would get they backed up a couple of extra yards. For the Broncos the pass rushers are about as healthy as can be this late in the season. Throw in sounds like Chris Harris will be a lot better health wise this week compared to last week so chance he can actually use his 2nd arm this time around.
No doubt a key to the game will be how well the Pats O-line can keep Brady doing his thing beyond the 2-second mark. He is creating the pocket and moving in it very well, at least in Chiefs game he did it. I think the dark horse in this match is S. Jackson. If he gets yards it will completely change the game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love using it for forms that go to our accounting staff, fs many of them up, and you would think they would know it.

Don't be dissing the beancounters.

I work with Janice in Accounting and she will kick you ass.... And not give a fuck....

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be dissing the beancounters.

I work with Janice in Accounting and she will kick you ass.... And not give a fuck....

Janice in accounting v. Honey Badger?

Who ya got?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt a key to the game will be how well the Pats O-line can keep Brady doing his thing beyond the 2-second mark. He is creating the pocket and moving in it very well, at least in Chiefs game he did it. I think the dark horse in this match is S. Jackson. If he gets yards it will completely change the game.

The biggest difference I would say between the Broncos and Chiefs defensively is the Broncos have the inside pass rushers. The Chiefs did not have a single DL player end up with a positive pass rush grade on PFF. They are great against the run but they just are not great pass rushers. For the Broncos all 3 of their starting DL guys had a positive grade and have had some of their best grades over the 2nd half of the season. They have only gotten better as the year has gone on. So there won't be as much of a pocket for Brady to step up into like he did against the Chiefs. See to me the inside guys are way more important in this one than Von Miller or DeMarcus Ware. IF they can get inside pressure that changes everything in this game.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference I would say between the Broncos and Chiefs defensively is the Broncos have the inside pass rushers. The Chiefs did not have a single DL player end up with a positive pass rush grade on PFF. They are great against the run but they just are not great pass rushers. For the Broncos all 3 of their starting DL guys had a positive grade and have had some of their best grades over the 2nd half of the season. They have only gotten better as the year has gone on. So there won't be as much of a pocket for Brady to step up into like he did against the Chiefs. See to me the inside guys are way more important in this one than Von Miller or DeMarcus Ware. IF they can get inside pressure that changes everything in this game.
Good points. What do you think about Jackson as a power runner for this game, will he be a factor?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench Peyton, and the Broncos instantly even the playing field and likely win in a close one.

Peyton is being asked to do what no other QB in the AFCCG has ever done. Be the worst ranked QB to win an AFFCCG in AFC history. And that includes guys like Trent Dilfer.

He was also injured during that time. It has come out that he actually tore his Plantar Fascitis in the off season and was just trying to play through it but it reached a point during the Indy game especially where he could no longer stand to really put much weight on the foot. If that is true it does explain a lot of his early season struggles and why his 2 best games came after the Bye Week where he could rest it and let it heal a bit. It could also explain why his passes actually looked much better in the Pittsburgh game where he looked much more like the early 2014 Peyton than what we have seen all this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. What do you think about Jackson as a power runner for this game, will he be a factor?

Well the Broncos have the best run defense in the NFL. I would be surprised if he ended up being one considering how bad the run offense for the Pats has been. Then again the Broncos could be looking to pin their ears back and ignore the run game giving him some allies to run through. My best bet is the Pats will try to use the aggressiveness of the Broncos and maybe run some draw plays where they make it look pass but then hand it off last second hoping the rushers are too deep to stop him. If he does end up being a factor though then I would say the Broncos are toast on defense if they have to worry about both the pass and run all day long.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also injured during that time. It has come out that he actually tore his Plantar Fascitis in the off season and was just trying to play through it but it reached a point during the Indy game especially where he could no longer stand to really put much weight on the foot. If that is true it does explain a lot of his early season struggles and why his 2 best games came after the Bye Week where he could rest it and let it heal a bit. It could also explain why his passes actually looked much better in the Pittsburgh game where he looked much more like the early 2014 Peyton than what we have seen all this year.

Yeah, no. He has a noodle arm.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Broncos have the best run defense in the NFL. I would be surprised if he ended up being one considering how bad the run offense for the Pats has been. Then again the Broncos could be looking to pin their ears back and ignore the run game giving him some allies to run through. My best bet is the Pats will try to use the aggressiveness of the Broncos and maybe run some draw plays where they make it look pass but then hand it off last second hoping the rushers are too deep to stop him. If he does end up being a factor though then I would say the Broncos are toast on defense if they have to worry about both the pass and run all day long.

Agreed. They run like shit.

But when healthy, they beat aggressive defenses like an Italian beats a red headed step child.