• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech to the B1G is VERY in play

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all of the teasing from 46, if VT ends up in the ACC, there will be the biggest case of conference expansion Blue Balls

I am still saying 55/45 we stay but I will be sooooo pissed if we do :L

The big first step for us, as odd as it seems, is for Texas and OU to go ahead and join the Pac officially. Until then, nothing can move forward.

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the ACC picking up Pitt and Cuse the only logical thing for VT to do is get into a football conference, with B1G being the better fit over the SEC. I really hope we get out of the ACC.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G is not a better football conference than the SEC

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He said it was a better fit, and I agree.

In terms of geography, i agree
In terms of Academics, i agree
In terms of fans, football culture, and overall gameday experience, I think we fit in better in the SEC.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro is talking about me on the Sabre. What a little bitch. To think, I even went out of my way to invite that little twit over here. Well....if he comes back, do what you will.

Is that a promise or a threat?

Face it man, your "contact", as well as anyone who believes that VT is going to the B1G are just delusional. First of all, Weaver would not have voted to raise the exit fee. Second of all, why would VT want to leave a league that they have dominated since joining? They have been almost guaranteed a BCS shot every year.

Lets looks at the facts; The only place this is being talked about is here. ESPN, Fox, Yahoo, none of the media outlets are breathing a word about this. If this was seriously being talked about, it would be in the news. Someone leaked the news about Pitt & 'Cuse, so you know someone would have done leaked this info as well.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Jeffro. Nothing like kicking UVAs ass every Thanksgiving. Why would we wanna miss out on that?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro,

Here's an idea. Let's see what happens and then you can go back and tell your buddies how great of a source I am. Why don't you tell them how ahead of the UNC story I was or how I was talking about Pitt to the ACC last year when the talks began. That would make me look credible which would piss off your glad hand fans over there.

Hey, page views are skyrocketing and I hope that all sorts of your buddies read these posts. It is good for Ghost. It is good for the website. It is good for all of us. I just wish some would have the balls to sign up and fucking contribute.

757, amszete and I decided to invite you over here and you respond like this. Awesome, more traffic....

Cheers! :D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hail: 46's football knowledge

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would VT want to stay in the ACC? The conference is going to be the joke of what seems to be four super-conferences forming when it comes to football. I doubt the 16 team ACC would get that much respect in football, you are taking teams from the BE which is known for being the worst BCS conference and adding them to a top heavy ACC conference that doesn't have national credibility when it comes to big games. Though I like being at the top of a conference year in and out, if VT wants to move forward past 10 win BCS bowl seasons they have to start playing with the big boys, whether it be in the SEC or B1G.

I would also be excited for the yearly games between VT and PSU.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see VT in the B1G!!!

I hung out with some VT fans after the game in Lincoln a few years and :thumb:. It was a good experience.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of geography, i agree
In terms of Academics, i agree
In terms of fans, football culture, and overall gameday experience, I think we fit in better in the SEC.

From the husker fan experience a cpl years ago, i disagree with your last point

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would VT want to stay in the ACC? The conference is going to be the joke of what seems to be four super-conferences forming when it comes to football. I doubt the 16 team ACC would get that much respect in football, you are taking teams from the BE which is known for being the worst BCS conference and adding them to a top heavy ACC conference that doesn't have national credibility when it comes to big games. Though I like being at the top of a conference year in and out, if VT wants to move forward past 10 win BCS bowl seasons they have to start playing with the big boys, whether it be in the SEC or B1G.

I would also be excited for the yearly games between VT and PSU.

this

but..

i'm skeptical of your caption thing under your name....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From the husker fan experience a cpl years ago, i disagree with your last point

Nah you guys (brasky) are great, IMO some of the greatest CFB fans there are. I just kinda feel that the culture @ VT is more southern than north eastern.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah you guys (brasky) are great, IMO some of the greatest CFB fans there are. I just kinda feel that the culture @ VT is more southern than north eastern.
Doesn't get more southern than Blacksburg and SWVA. Nothing yankee about it.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTs proud academic and athletic presence and tradition would be a big + for the B1G.

I hope you guys come on in.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is VT and UVA going to be allowed to be in separate con fences?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is VT and UVA going to be allowed to be in separate con fences?

Yea. They were in different conferences when VT was in the Big East before joining ACC in 2004. They have been in different conferences much longer than they were in the same one as Virginia