• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Football Depth Chart

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hokiesports.com :: Football :: Depth Chart

Can't believe Teller hasn't beat out Wang at LG, but I am sure he will see the field plenty.

Do the coaches have to try to keep the TE's happy?....Cline played pretty well last year to be pushed down to No. 3. Is Cline not 100%?

Williams misses most of camp and is Co-No.1 at RB?

I. Ford listed as a No. 1 WR

Looks like Cline was listed with the limited contact icon. Also surprised to see Trey as 3rd RB - must be from his injury I assume.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hokiesports.com :: Football :: Depth Chart

Can't believe Teller hasn't beat out Wang at LG, but I am sure he will see the field plenty.

Do the coaches have to try to keep the TE's happy?....Cline played pretty well last year to be pushed down to No. 3. Is Cline not 100%?

*snickers* :heh:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was looking over the depth chart and it says Jarrett is listed as #1 punt returner. Is that really set in stone? He's kind of a big deal and with some younger speed on the team now, why even risk him getting hurt returning punts?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was looking over the depth chart and it says Jarrett is listed as #1 punt returner. Is that really set in stone? He's kind of a big deal and with some younger speed on the team now, why even risk him getting hurt returning punts?

Gotta get your best on the field. Stroman will be splitting reps with him and if he matches Jarrett's output later when he gets some experience.....i imagine he would overtake him. Beamer still thinks Jarrett is better right now though....hence his roster spot.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.hokiesports.com/football/depth/

Teller will get plenty of reps. Wang has a lot of experience though and will get reps as well. Wang is going to be the utility guy this year I imagine.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd team? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's still listed at first team, right? That would be quite a drop. Past is past. Let's see how he steps up this year.

so maybe you were ahead of things, but you got it right... Props, VTSparks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt realize Knowles had been battling injuries, but with what we had been hearing about the young guys and not about the old guys had me thinking this might be the case.

But hey, let the best guys play...if its Knowles, so be it. Nothing personal against the guy, he just hasnt done anything to be gift wrapped a starting position. I just dont think he is going to much of a factor from here on out, JMHO.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get your best on the field. Stroman will be splitting reps with him and if he matches Jarrett's output later when he gets some experience.....i imagine he would overtake him. Beamer still thinks Jarrett is better right now though....hence his roster spot.

Agree, Jarrett can be a bit wild and reckless back there, but he is dangerous and electric, someone who can change field position and break one.

I too hope that he is relieved of those duties at some point, because he is an important part of our defense. McMillian, Reid, Stroman, they all sound capable...

And noone has mentioned Carlis Parker as a 2nd team WR. Haven't heard much about himin camp (really havent heard much about anything), but that sounds promising. I am interested to see what role he plays this year. We could have a dangerous receiving corp over the next few years...

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are definitely looking up at WR.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading a string of posts on TSL (but then they vanished) about a starter in our defensive secondary thinking Brewer is the 3rd best QB on the team. Not good to read/hear these kind's of things on game week.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was reading a string of posts on TSL (but then they vanished) about a starter in our defensive secondary thinking Brewer is the 3rd best QB on the team. Not good to read/hear these kind's of things on game week.

I'd be more interested in Loeffler's opinion, and Brewer is slated at the number 1 spot. He certainly has a lot more game experience, which would be the tie-breaker if the competition were even.

We won't really know how good he is until game time, but the press seems to be impressed with Brewer.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the fact that Leal is in his 5th year and isn't far and away the best QB on the team says something about his ability and his ceiling, which he has reached. Couple that with the fact that Brewer is only 3 weeks into our system and has an extra year AND Motley has been injured and is behind and still a bit raw and inexperienced... It's a no brainer IMO. I think Motley will still have an opportunity this year and next though.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting contradiction... Bitter's latest blog post says the TB order is like this, supposedly based on what he saw on hokiesports:

1. Coleman and Williams
2. McKenzie
3. Edmunds

But this is what I see on hokiesports:

1. Coleman
2. Edmunds or Williams or McKenzie

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting contradiction... Bitter's latest blog post says the TB order is like this, supposedly based on what he saw on hokiesports:

1. Coleman and Williams
2. McKenzie
3. Edmunds

But this is what I see on hokiesports:

1. Coleman
2. Edmunds or Williams or McKenzie

Sounds like after Beamer's presser that it is

1. Coleman
2. McKenzie/Williams/Caleb
3. Edmunds

Edmunds still isn't 100% from his injury and Beamer said he will play on some ST units to keep him running and in the game but as a RB, he isn't ready yet.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am i the only one surprised to see coleman listed as #1?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fully expect Williams and McKenzie to come in after JC takes the first couple series and don't be surprised if these 2 freshmen tear shit up. It could be the freshmen show for the rest of the season. Not sure what you do about Trey.....he never seemed to run like a RB last year (seemed too upright) although he did run hard. I suppose he'll get back in the mix if/when healthy. And then Caleb? :gaah:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I'm surprised too. But then again, its probably my own bias because I'm not that personally high on Coleman to begin with. I don't hate him, he's a good kid, but I've been hoping we have guys that are better than him to carry the load as the lead back. Coleman imo, is just a serviceable college back. He can do a little bit of everything but no one thing great. Ideally, he'd be a good change of pace back for some different looks on a handful of carries a game (like 10 carries or so) while someone else is the work horse.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it matters what back is in there if we can't field a serviceable OL. I think all of the backs including Coleman are talented. It's not like any of us have ever seen Coleman run behind a competent Oline yet. :noidea: