• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VT is making progress on Brown from what I've been told. It's important to note Brown started to like UNC when Davis was there and landing 5* DL every year. Things are starting to change. Early thoughts are that he will stay in the area so it's important to beat these 2 teams down on the field and for guys like Gayle and Collins to continue to prove themselves on the field. He's going to have the chance for immediate PT(Gayle and Collins will be gone for his frosh year) and the staff will sell that big time, I think.

I have a hard time believing he'll stick at DE with his size at his age. I think he could be a Suh type of DT.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a lot of good players in 2014.

Ok, I contributed. I'll see you all again in this thread in 2013.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing he'll stick at DE with his size at his age. I think he could be a Suh type of DT.

You may be right, only will tell. Really depends on if he keeps his weight at a minimum (at what it is now, or a little bit less), and keeps his strength and especially athleticism at a maximum. He would be more of a DT in our type of defense at this point (which may or may not hurt us), more of a DE in a 3-4style defense perhaps. Haven't really seen much on him as to what he plays in HS, what kind of speed/athleticism he has, is he a runner stopper or pass rusher, etc. Maybe some of the 757 guys coiuld tell us more about that.
Measurables sound like a Daquan Bowers (NFL 3-4 DE) type guy..

But if he is Suh incarnate...I will surely take that.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even at 6'5" 280 he could be a great DE in a 4-3

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, that's the last reason I expect recruits to come to VT. I didn't understand how well they go together until I came to Tech

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even at 6'5" 280 he could be a great DE in a 4-3

Sure he could. He just wouldnt be a "prototypical" Virginia Tech DE. Most 4-3 DE's are smaller, more athletic, pass-rusher types.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I lied above... I'm back.

about the uni thing...

It might start as a kind of adolescent infatuation, but the Nike/multiple unis deal is actually a very good card for us to play. The connections the school has, the familiarity with Nike can all play in the eventual endorsement signing of our kids that go pro. If one of our players just likes the gear and starts networking with the Nike reps when the visit or do the unveiling events, it could lead to some job prospect for our players that don't go pro. I'm not saying it's a guarantee (far from it since that would probably violate several NCAA rules), but having the connections is good thing.

Either way, the uni/Nike deal IS a big deal and shouldn't be discounted.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep, Nike and Under Armour are both very loyal to their priority schools and absolutely consider them their investments. Nike/UnderArmour virtually always try to sign endorsement contracts with superstars that come from one of their schools.

Nike gave Mike Vick a Nike deal that was 2nd only to Jordan's. And then Under Armour obviously jumped on top of Vernon Davis as soon as he declared, being that Maryland is one of their flagship schools.

This has a much larger and visibile impact in basketball recruiting because when players like Lebron, John Wall, etc. are coming out of high school they are looking at either Nike/Adidas schools depending on their preference to wear, but especially where they would like to have their own shoe created. This is also why you see shoe companies sponsoring major AAU programs at an early age. Hoops is so much slimier than football.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA followed VT with an offer to Jalyn Holmes on Friday. When are we going to start charging them for evals?

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow. The recruits have to be noticing UVA's modus operendi now. I guess since most recruits don't keep up with other guys recruiting they don't see how UVA is doing this constantly. But it's starting to look really cheesy.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i love cheese -- don't stoop cheese to that level :)

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UVA followed VT with an offer to Jalyn Holmes on Friday. When are we going to start charging them for evals?

I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But why go with the imitation when you can go with the real thing?