• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Velasquez to be Traded to Rangers?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always pictured Vinny as a closer-type pitcher.
He has the potential to be effective as a starter, but not necessarily efficient.
His pitch counts tend to be on the high side.

Anytime you can trade a reliever for quality prospects, I think you have to pull the trigger.
Really depends on what they would be getting back.
Why switch someone who can pitch 200 innings to pitch 65 innings, unless injuries force you to make the move?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here we go with the nonsense.

"who the fuck is velasquez?"
"why did we just trade giles for these nobodies??"
"velasquez has no experience."
"they say he might need to be moved to the pen."

:blah: :blah: :blah:

now a little more than half a season in, velasquez is apparently the best thing since sliced bread. then you have fans talking trash on the phils, as if they are actively seeking trade partners so they can unload him for whatever.. when in fact, it's the rangers asking about him and the phils setting a really high price that would only favor them.

and just one of those two names from that price, profar and mazara, would instantly become the phils top player, throughout the whole system. despite the injuries, profar finally looks healthy and has unbelievable talent. if not for that injured past, i'd personally consider a straight up trade between the two. a more fair trade in my opinion would be velasquez, rupp, hellickson and gomez or neris for profar, gallo and tate.

it's disgusting to see some "fans" call the phils the new sam hinkie. stupid motherfuckers should be banned from watching this team.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

now a little more than half a season in, velasquez is apparently the best thing since sliced bread. then you have fans talking trash on the phils, as if they are actively seeking trade partners so they can unload him for whatever.. when in fact, it's the rangers asking about him and the phils setting a really high price that would only favor them.

and just one of those two names from that price, profar and mazara, would instantly become the phils top player, throughout the whole system. despite the injuries, profar finally looks healthy and has unbelievable talent. if not for that injured past, i'd personally consider a straight up trade between the two. a more fair trade in my opinion would be velasquez, rupp, hellickson and gomez or neris for profar, gallo and tate.

it's disgusting to see some "fans" call the phils the new sam hinkie. stupid motherfuckers should be banned from watching this team.
who is sam hinkie?

Edit--never mind. He's the "tanker" guy from the 76ers

Last edited:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here comes "braindead braindead braindead" and co.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for correcting that--it has weighed heavily on me for the last couple days

This is what this nutbag does Cedrique. He has the psychological profile of a psychopath-Little empathy for his behavior and doesn't understand or care what he does or how it is received. Like a bull-in-a-china-shop, he destroys things and then expects people to forgive him when he comes back with "I am soooo sorry, I didn't know" bullshit. The act has gotten really old.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know bulls frequently head into china shops to destroy them.. but i have to plead ignorance on the rest. i did not know they actually come back to apologize. i feel kind of embarrassed now.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know bulls frequently head into china shops to destroy them.. but i have to plead ignorance on the rest. i did not know they actually come back to apologize. i feel kind of embarrassed now.
Braindead was talking about me

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what this nutbag does Cedrique. He has the psychological profile of a psychopath-Little empathy for his behavior and doesn't understand or care what he does or how it is received. Like a bull-in-a-china-shop, he destroys things and then expects people to forgive him when he comes back with "I am soooo sorry, I didn't know" bullshit. The act has gotten really old.
Do you know what the word "melodramatic" means?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what the word "melodramatic" means?

This is rich. The master of melodramatic with your bogus cry for help and every other disassociated bullshit thread you have posted on here has the temerity to ask me that ridiculous question. And your supposed training and certification as a "psychologist" is just as much of a fantasy as all the rest of your bullshit. I don't trust a thing you post and have revealed. You are a real sick jerk-off.

Once again, your bullshit is so deep, you have little-to-zero idea that this is yet another clear example of how disassociated and unaware you really are you sick nutbag! Go do some drugs ya lunatic!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF? unbelievable talent
Profar, MLB 3 seasons: .256/.320/.377
Minors 6 seasons: .277/.364/.444

The Phillies have talent in the minors equal or better than Profar. The guy is a dud.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? unbelievable talent
Profar, MLB 3 seasons: .256/.320/.377
Minors 6 seasons: .277/.364/.444

The Phillies have talent in the minors equal or better than Profar. The guy is a dud.

UMMMMMMMM. see this is where some people just need to stay quiet, or else you'll look like complete fools.

18 y/o: .286 avg/.390 obp/.883 ops at A
19 y/o: .281 avg/.368 obp/.820 ops at AA
20 y/o: .278 avg/.370 obp/.807 ops at AAA

he was basically the #1 prospect across every board heading into 2013 and around the top 5 the year before that.

the rangers called him up for a few AB when he was 19, then he played a half season when he was just 20.. with a respectable .308 obp/.644 ops. injuries then derailed his 2014/15 seasons.

now that he's back, still just 23 years old, he's posting a .300 avg/.353 obp/.789 ops. he can play left, 3rd, short, 2nd and 1st. who the fuck on the phils team or system is equal or better than this talent wise?

please go elsewhere and call him a "dud." you'll never want to post again after you see the replies.

:sigh:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet the story was just hype to help a guy get more points in the readership stakes. I bet the "talks" were just random running with the mouth over Buds.
Actually Klentak only drinks Lowenbrau. He thinks the little foil things they put on the bottle caps are classy.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is rich. The master of melodramatic with your bogus cry for help and every other disassociated bullshit thread you have posted on here has the temerity to ask me that ridiculous question. And your supposed training and certification as a "psychologist" is just as much of a fantasy as all the rest of your bullshit. I don't trust a thing you post and have revealed. You are a real sick jerk-off.

Once again, your bullshit is so deep, you have little-to-zero idea that this is yet another clear example of how disassociated and unaware you really are you sick nutbag! Go do some drugs ya lunatic!
Wait, so you're saying Omar is Not a trained and certified psychologist?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMMMMMMMM. see this is where some people just need to stay quiet, or else you'll look like complete fools.

18 y/o: .286 avg/.390 obp/.883 ops at A
19 y/o: .281 avg/.368 obp/.820 ops at AA
20 y/o: .278 avg/.370 obp/.807 ops at AAA

he was basically the #1 prospect across every board heading into 2013 and around the top 5 the year before that.

the rangers called him up for a few AB when he was 19, then he played a half season when he was just 20.. with a respectable .308 obp/.644 ops. injuries then derailed his 2014/15 seasons.

now that he's back, still just 23 years old, he's posting a .300 avg/.353 obp/.789 ops. he can play left, 3rd, short, 2nd and 1st. who the fuck on the phils team or system is equal or better than this talent wise?

please go elsewhere and call him a "dud." you'll never want to post again after you see the replies.

:sigh:

OK, "dud" was harsh. I used that because he missed almost two years with shoulder problems and feel he might be a risk, especially in a trade for Velasques. Had speed in his teens. 2 SB in 145 MLB games might indicate he does not want to get roughed up.

I was thinking of Kingery and Tobias, but each are more than a year or more away. Tobias belongs in AA/AAA and has nothing more to prove in A ball.

Cesar, 26, Phils, 4 yrs, .276/.336/.683; 2016: .289/.346/.720.

kingery, 22, 2 yr minors AA, .278/.342/.725, NCAA AZ 3 YR, .351/.425/.909, 6 HR

tobias, 23, 2 yr minors A, .316/.374/.835; NCAA FL 4 YR .300/.377/.799, 11 hr

profar, 22, 4 1/2 yr minors, .277/.364/.808 40 HR; mlb, 145 games, .256/.320/.696, 12 HR

Profar is a very good player, but overall, his are not unbelievable stats. But we can't ignore his .300 avg/.353 obp/.789 ops this season at TEX and he has power. Hitting .243 last 10 games.

Still, I would not give up Velasquez today for Profar and couple of placeholders. We'll see what happens tomorrow.