• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Van Halen is coming...Van Halen is fucking coming

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see AC/DC do what VH does and play some deeper cuts. I'd love to see AC/DC do tunes like Walk All Over You,Evil Walks,Jailbreak,Guns For Hire,Gimme A Bullet,etc.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Halen is playing some deeper cuts this summer, here's the opening night set list:

01. Light Up The Sky (last performed live in 1980)
02. Runnin' With The Devil
03. Romeo Delight
04. Everybody Wants Some!!
05. Drop Dead Legs (live debut)
06. Feel Your Love Tonight (last performed live in 1998)
07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
08. She's The Woman
09. China Town
10. I'll Wait
11. Drum Solo
12. Little Guitars
13. Dance The Night Away
14. Beautiful Girls
15. Women In Love
16. Hot For Teacher
17. In A Simple Rhyme / Growth (last performed live in 1978)
18. Dirty Movies (live debut)
19. Ice Cream Man
20. Unchained
21. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
22. Guitar Solo
23. You Really Got Me
24. Panama
25. Jump

Van Halen Kicks Off 2015 Tour With Rare Cuts, Never Before Performed Songs (Video) -
Blabbermouth.net

As Spicoli would say from Fast Times at Ridgemont High...Awesome...Totally Awesome !!! hee hee

:suds::clap:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see AC/DC do what VH does and play some deeper cuts. I'd love to see AC/DC do tunes like Walk All Over You,Evil Walks,Jailbreak,Guns For Hire,Gimme A Bullet,etc.

Man, their catalog has so many jams it's hard to pick a set list. I just sit back and enjoy it all. I love Jailbreak but I think that belongs to Bon Scott...nobody can touch him on that song. Bon was a great one.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially the Bon era stuff, but they have so many standards to play that it's tough to fit them in.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Musically speaking, the Van Halen brothers are as good as they ever were. DLR struggles with his voice at times but is still a good showman

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an opportunity to see VH two years ago at Rock USA in Oshkosh and passed it up. I like VH's original stuff, but can't bring myself to witness how badly they've deteriorated the past 30 years. From the people I'd talked to that did catch the show, they told me I didn't miss much.

In the past few years I've seen the likes of KISS, Megadeth, Journey, Lynyrd Skynyrd - still good enough shows to not be a complete waste of time, but clearly can't rock the stage like they used to. So... meh.

Tonight is the opening night of the Rock USA 4-day festival with headliner Alice Cooper. Tomorrow is Lynyrd Skynyrd and Judas Priest. Saturday is Styx and Def Leppard. 30 years ago, this lineup would've been awesome; now, they need Hoverounds to get on stage. Not appealing to me.

The only day I'm going this year is Friday's show: Papa Roach, Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold - bands that are currently relevant and capable actually ROCKing the crowd. A7X was here a couple years ago and was an awesome show.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Halen is still great musically. Roth has deteriorated, but so far sounds better this tour than last. He looks more like Steve Martin's Russian "Wild and Crazy Guy" on stage these days unfortunately, but I'm still going in August.

As far as Papa Roach, Breaking Benjamin et al....not my cup of tea. I can't stand the current state of radio rock, but that's just me.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is the DAY !!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! Gonna rage hard tonight....about a two day hangover ! hee hee

My boys are back !!

Rock On !!!

:suds::clap::peace::rockon::thrasher::drum:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Kiss and Aerosmith at Comerica about ten years ago or so. Crazy night.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Halen took me on a journey back to the early 80's last night. There was something in the air..hee hee. Man, they really nailed it and Diamond Dave was on fire. His voice was really good and was on point. Eddie played about a 7 or 8 minute solo that blew me into outer space..God lives in the fingers of Eddie Van Halen. Alex ripped up a drum solo that was truly awesome.They all looked like they were having fun playing again ...for the love of the music. The crowd was pumped and I was screaming like a fucking madman. The most fun I ever had at a concert. A memory I will take with me forever. An AWESOME GENIUS PERFORMANCE BY ALL OF THE BAND. It recharged my batteries and drained me all at the same time. The sign of being in the presence of greatness.

Thank You to my brothers from different mothers for rocking my world.

THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN IS ALIVE AND WELL !!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Rock On !!

:suds::clap::yes::music::rockon::thrasher::thrasher::party::peace::drum::amen: