• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UWs Potential coaches

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would enjoy watching that guys teams in the PAC Whiz....wow:yahoo:

We know he has interviewed before and not left Boise. I'm not going to believe he is coming until he does.

The knock on him is he isn't great with the media or boosters and I've always wondered how much that has had an impact on his interviews and hiring.

What I do know is Woodward's plan back is scheduled to take off in about 3 minutes so he has already finished his interview and if Petersen is going to say no again I'd expect that will come out either tonight or early tomorrow so they can get on with their recruiting and bowl planning.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know he has interviewed before and not left Boise. I'm not going to believe he is coming until he does.

The knock on him is he isn't great with the media or boosters and I've always wondered how much that has had an impact on his interviews and hiring

What I do know is Woodward's plan back is scheduled to take off in about 3 minutes so he has already finished his interview and if Petersen is going to say no again I'd expect that will come out either tonight or early tomorrow so they can get on with their recruiting and bowl planning.

What do you want...a fucking rodeo clown or a ball coach? :laugh3:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the BSU supporters are reporting Petersen didn't accept the offer and Woodward was aware of that at the time of his departure. If that is true (and who knows what is true with all these rumors) then Nussmeier is likely going to be offered the job tomorrow early.

BSU starts their bowl practices Saturday so something public will come out tomorrow I'd imagine, and probably early in the day.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be more than pleased with either. Both will make great HCs at UW. Go Dawgs!!!

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported by ESPN and confirmed by Softy that Peterson is our new HC. Awesome.

Go Dawgs!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guess your going to have to be nervous all weekend. UW announces the press conference to introduce Coach Petersen will be Monday.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guess your going to have to be nervous all weekend. UW announces the press conference to introduce Coach Petersen will be Monday.

damn!

I guess what he said in the article is official enough for me. :suds:

Now someone go hire Baxter!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn!

I guess what he said in the article is official enough for me. :suds:

Now someone go hire Baxter!

Yep. Hopefully the good news continues to come in with assistants being named this week. But the process could be a bit slower than Sark's ship jump because of the stipulation that Petersen has to be available to coach Boise St. in it's bowl game. We'll have to see, but yep, looks like the ink is dry on this deal and I will be sipping a victory cigar aka crown on the rocks tonight to celebrate. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I thought. Last night's meeting wasn't an interview. The decision had already been made and UW spent most of yesterday working out the details and contract. That flight to Boise last night was a signing meeting.

I had said earlier that Petersen was in Seattle on Tuesday on a recruiting trip and likely had an interview then. Woodward has done an above average job of keeping these things on the down low.

Clearly the school at least flirted with Mora, but after that ship sailed they immediately offered the job to Petersen and it appears his response came late Wednesday or early Thursday and the front office spent the rest of the day hammering out the details before flying there to get his signature.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Hopefully the good news continues to come in with assistants being named this week. But the process could be a bit slower than Sark's ship jump because of the stipulation that Petersen has to be available to coach Boise St. in it's bowl game. We'll have to see, but yep, looks like the ink is dry on this deal and I will be sipping a victory cigar aka crown on the rocks tonight to celebrate. :suds:

It looks like he is done at Boise. They let him out of the bowl game. He begins NOW!