• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Utley To SF Deal "Advancing"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least dredins uses capital letters when he starts a sentence

Do you even listen to the unsolicited/untrue/highly subjective opinions I give you? Remember? JFK? The bitches? Grammar!!!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your posts reek of shit. i said the phils should "DEMAND" kyle crick. in no way is that suggesting the phillies COULD get one or more big guns. stop wasting time with nonsense.

you immediately jumped into the conversation and started down talking any return in general expected by phils fans, then declared san fran would just be giving a bag of balls if they traded for him. stupid crap like that.

now you just flip around to different things. you don't give a shit what other teams wanted to do with utley? OK. then there was no need to explain what phillie fans should be expecting in return, how he wasn't claimed on waivers, etc. correct? ok then.

you were wrong in the sense that the phils would not be able to get much, if anything at all, by trading him. you're changing that mistake into talking about the giants roster, trying to insult the phils for trading you pence, comparing WAR for your scrub 12th rounder and just other pointless shit like the dodgers payroll.. and so on.

you have no proof or idea what utley could have done for the giants. for all you know, he could have played and homered in all 3 games against the dodgers, leading your team to 2 wins instead of getting swept.

but again, you were clearly wrong. a healthy utley can ball big time. you were told this.. and his post all-star, post injury .330 avg/.385 obp/.938 ops easily confirms it. the dodgers know this.. and they were willing to give up something of value, as small as it might be, in return to acquire his services. YOU WERE WRONG. end of story. don't waste more time by spinning random BS.

You are an idiot. If I had my way, the Dodgers would have given you Seager, Urrias, Kershaw, and Greinke for Utley straight up. I just didn't want the Giants to be that team to be stupid enough to get fleeced by PHI. Simple as that. The rest is you butthurt about me giving you the proof that Utley's value is relative to his health and he hadn't been healthy for a year.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. If I had my way, the Dodgers would have given you Seager, Urrias, Kershaw, and Greinke for Utley straight up. I just didn't want the Giants to be that team to be stupid enough to get fleeced by PHI. Simple as that. The rest is you butthurt about me giving you the proof that Utley's value is relative to his health and he hadn't been healthy for a year.

like i said, reek of shit. all i did was mention crick, a guy who has fallen off the map because he can't throw strikes, was moved to the pen where he's still struggling and will probably be stuck in the minors until his mid to late 20's because he can never pull it together. you choose to act like i guaranteed the giants were going to cough up their #2 and #3 prospects.

utley is 36 and has a condition. of course his value is tied to his health, stupid. the whole point was, someone was going to get a currently healthy, highly productive utley for the stretch run and postseason if they make it. thus, selling out some for your typical rental. only difference being, his health obviously isn't a lock, lowering his value. you denied him that value and keep babbling about a year, as if no one else gets hurt. can't say it enough, you were wrong. just shut the fuck up and move along since you can't admit it.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So his WAR with the Dodgers is literally .1 greater then Tomlinson so that should justify his price tag in salary and prospects? GTFO. I'm out of my league for not wanting my team to pick up an injury prone player WELL past his prime for his price tag? :pound:
Those prospects were not that good. Sweeney, being the better one, had too many names ahead of him on the depth chart, and many in the organization saw his profile as a future utility player. The salary is completely negligible to the Dodgers.

This was a very, very low-risk, low-price trade for the Dodgers to make.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said, reek of shit. all i did was mention crick, a guy who has fallen off the map because he can't throw strikes, was moved to the pen where he's still struggling and will probably be stuck in the minors until his mid to late 20's because he can never pull it together. you choose to act like i guaranteed the giants were going to cough up their #2 and #3 prospects.
utley is 36 and has a condition. of course his value is tied to his health, stupid. the whole point was, someone was going to get a currently healthy, highly productive utley for the stretch run and postseason if they make it. thus, selling out some for your typical rental. only difference being, his health obviously isn't a lock, lowering his value. you denied him that value and keep babbling about a year, as if no one else gets hurt. can't say it enough, you were wrong. just shut the fuck up and move along since you can't admit it.

So am I wrong with what you expected in return for Utley, which was your original crusade? Or am I wrong about how Utley would perform post trade? You need some help in reading comprehension because at this point, you are dangerously close to window-licking status. I have spoken relative to what the Giants would(n't)/should(n't) have given up given our lack of need at the position and his being injury prone over the course of the last year....all of which was correct. Age also plays a role, hopefully you can detach your tongue from the window long enough to actually comprehend all of this. Assuming a 36 year old is suddenly going to bounce back after a year of injury isn't the same as the same scenario with a 26 year old.

Re-read this thread and specifically the answers I gave that got your panties all in a bunch. If you notice, they were all about Chase Utley and the Giants. Not what he would give back in production post-trade, not what you would receive from other teams, just how that trade makes no sense for the Giants on multiple levels. Learn to fucking read, then do us all a favor and follow your own fucking advice.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I wrong with what you expected in return for Utley, which was your original crusade? Or am I wrong about how Utley would perform post trade? You need some help in reading comprehension because at this point, you are dangerously close to window-licking status. I have spoken relative to what the Giants would(n't)/should(n't) have given up given our lack of need at the position and his being injury prone over the course of the last year....all of which was correct. Age also plays a role, hopefully you can detach your tongue from the window long enough to actually comprehend all of this. Assuming a 36 year old is suddenly going to bounce back after a year of injury isn't the same as the same scenario with a 26 year old.

Re-read this thread and specifically the answers I gave that got your panties all in a bunch. If you notice, they were all about Chase Utley and the Giants. Not what he would give back in production post-trade, not what you would receive from other teams, just how that trade makes no sense for the Giants on multiple levels. Learn to fucking read, then do us all a favor and follow your own fucking advice.

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION, STUPID. all i did was mention crick and used the word "demand," obviously meaning they should seek above normal means. your approval wasn't needed, dipshit. and again, pay attention. you proceeded to ramble on in a somewhat insulting way towards his situation..

-

"If you REALLY think you guys are going to get a 2010 Utley return for 2015 Utley production, you are sadly mistaken. He cleared waivers, which means not ONE team wants him at face value. So to go from giving him away to asking for Crick, who until recently was one of our top prospects seems to be quite a stretch.

If SF is trading for Utley, then I'm guessing Philly is taking on some salary and is getting a bag of balls and a spittoon in return. Because Utley has worse numbers across the board from what McGahee gave us and he got DFA'd. Plus, our long term answer is a 24 yr old All-Star in Panik. My guess is Utley's value is much higher in Philly then anywhere else, simply based on nostalgia.

You can demand Crick. Hell, I demand a BJ from Adrianna Lima. But my guess is that much like my demand, the end result of yours may be similar, as in the familiar sound of the phone disconnecting on the other end."

-

all based on a simple crick comment. your fucking stupidity in saying "giving him away" as if he's some nobody is shocking in itself. no one here or anywhere expected any type of big return. and news flash fuckface, crick wouldn't have been a big return. he cannot throw strikes. he's lost his starter role and he's struggling from the pen. and that simple comment wasn't some closed, straight up trade. it was just tossing his name out there.

i'm going to say 99%+ of phils fans got exactly what they wanted for him. a couple of young players who were way down the list, but maybe with some luck would be capable of some contribution at the big league level in the future.

talking about guys like mcgahee. mcgahee? MCGAHEE? get the fuck out of here. a .275 obp/.574 ops. and you had the nerve to compare a guy playing hurt, with better results at that, to him.

you have no idea what the giants were willing to give up or discuss. we fully do not know if utley would have even decided to make the move. you came here all jacked up acting like you were the one who was going to negotiate the possible trade, and in the end, you look like a fucking clown.. which is what i felt the need to point out (originally, in a nicer way.)

and for another shot. what's this i see about panik exiting the game last night? oh, that's a shocker, because, you know, what did i say? ..

when he does come back, there's certainly no guarantee he'll just pick it right up and be pain free.
when he does come back, there's certainly no guarantee he'll just pick it right up and be pain free.

wow, just wow. i mean, wow right? wow, what a shock. so, who would have thought?

your out of your fuckin' league boy, just take that hike. utley would have fit right in on your team, with plenty of available AB, and he would have produced.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION, STUPID. all i did was mention crick and used the word "demand," obviously meaning they should seek above normal means. your approval wasn't needed, dipshit. and again, pay attention. you proceeded to ramble on in a somewhat insulting way towards his situation..

-

"If you REALLY think you guys are going to get a 2010 Utley return for 2015 Utley production, you are sadly mistaken. He cleared waivers, which means not ONE team wants him at face value. So to go from giving him away to asking for Crick, who until recently was one of our top prospects seems to be quite a stretch.

If SF is trading for Utley, then I'm guessing Philly is taking on some salary and is getting a bag of balls and a spittoon in return. Because Utley has worse numbers across the board from what McGahee gave us and he got DFA'd. Plus, our long term answer is a 24 yr old All-Star in Panik. My guess is Utley's value is much higher in Philly then anywhere else, simply based on nostalgia.

You can demand Crick. Hell, I demand a BJ from Adrianna Lima. But my guess is that much like my demand, the end result of yours may be similar, as in the familiar sound of the phone disconnecting on the other end."

-

all based on a simple crick comment. your fucking stupidity in saying "giving him away" as if he's some nobody is shocking in itself. no one here or anywhere expected any type of big return. and news flash fuckface, crick wouldn't have been a big return. he cannot throw strikes. he's lost his starter role and he's struggling from the pen. and that simple comment wasn't some closed, straight up trade. it was just tossing his name out there.

i'm going to say 99%+ of phils fans got exactly what they wanted for him. a couple of young players who were way down the list, but maybe with some luck would be capable of some contribution at the big league level in the future.

talking about guys like mcgahee. mcgahee? MCGAHEE? get the fuck out of here. a .275 obp/.574 ops. and you had the nerve to compare a guy playing hurt, with better results at that, to him.

you have no idea what the giants were willing to give up or discuss. we fully do not know if utley would have even decided to make the move. you came here all jacked up acting like you were the one who was going to negotiate the possible trade, and in the end, you look like a fucking clown.. which is what i felt the need to point out (originally, in a nicer way.)

and for another shot. what's this i see about panik exiting the game last night? oh, that's a shocker, because, you know, what did i say? ..

wow, just wow. i mean, wow right? wow, what a shock. so, who would have thought?

your out of your fuckin' league boy, just take that hike. utley would have fit right in on your team, with plenty of available AB, and he would have produced.

Panties in a bunch again there, Alice? Even bolding your own typing? Take deep breaths, maybe take a Midol and eat a bit of chocolate. You are rehashing the same tired bullshit. Congrats, according to you, Phil fans got exactly what they wanted. A couple of players that may have a cuppo in the bigs in exchange for Chase moutherfucking Utley. Or in other words, a ham sandwich. And did the Phils get Crick? So what part of what I wrote was wrong again?

I can't be out of my league until you pass the 3rd grade and use the shift button to capitalize the beginning of your sentences.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panties in a bunch again there, Alice? Even bolding your own typing? Take deep breaths, maybe take a Midol and eat a bit of chocolate. You are rehashing the same tired bullshit. Congrats, according to you, Phil fans got exactly what they wanted. A couple of players that may have a cuppo in the bigs in exchange for Chase moutherfucking Utley. Or in other words, a ham sandwich. And did the Phils get Crick? So what part of what I wrote was wrong again?

I can't be out of my league until you pass the 3rd grade and use the shift button to capitalize the beginning of your sentences.

yes, because i totally want to go all out with perfect grammar for people on forums. combined with your panties in a bunch jokes, you're just on fire man. i don't know if i can keep up with you.

sweeney was brought up immediately and has an .832 ops so far with 3 homers. he's played center, left, right, 2nd and 3rd. if he was wearing a giants uniform, i suppose you'd be labeling him an untouchable blue chip. a key cog for the future.

what part of what you wrote was wrong? mind blowing. it's really not complicated. you told us what we would get for our own player, this ham sandwich you keep referring to (do you need me to buy you lunch or something? are you hungry? is someone feeding you ok?) you implied no one wanted chase, he was going to suck badly, we would get nothing in return, your own team's situation was fine. shall i keep going? that's four things right there.

instead of just saying "oh, guess i was wrong. chase has been great since returning and you got a respectable return given the situation." .. you just continue to be a tool and drift off to unrelated areas in an attempt to derail the simplicity of chase being a very good player when healthy.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, because i totally want to go all out with perfect grammar for people on forums. combined with your panties in a bunch jokes, you're just on fire man. i don't know if i can keep up with you.

sweeney was brought up immediately and has an .832 ops so far with 3 homers. he's played center, left, right, 2nd and 3rd. if he was wearing a giants uniform, i suppose you'd be labeling him an untouchable blue chip. a key cog for the future.

what part of what you wrote was wrong? mind blowing. it's really not complicated. you told us what we would get for our own player, this ham sandwich you keep referring to (do you need me to buy you lunch or something? are you hungry? is someone feeding you ok?) you implied no one wanted chase, he was going to suck badly, we would get nothing in return, your own team's situation was fine. shall i keep going? that's four things right there.

instead of just saying "oh, guess i was wrong. chase has been great since returning and you got a respectable return given the situation." .. you just continue to be a tool and drift off to unrelated areas in an attempt to derail the simplicity of chase being a very good player when healthy.

Bolded, in order:

1. FROM THE GIANTS. Keep licking that window, you missed a spot.

2. Never said that. Only referred to the Giants. Once again, you make a mountain out of a mole hill.

3. Never said that either. We have been bit by injuries. But 2B was NOT a place we needed to trade for. Again, reading comprehension would help you tremendously.

Anything else Jr?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I make a lot of jokes about being gay and shit, but you must be legitimately homosexual to have a picture of a shirtless Tom Brady as your avatar

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I make a lot of jokes about being gay and shit, but you must be legitimately homosexual to have a picture of a shirtless Tom Brady as your avatar
You needed a picture to figure that out? He lists his location as Los Angeles yet he is a fan of 2 San Francisco teams. Doesn't that make him gay by definition? Not that there's anything wrong with it. Everyone knows the staunch heterosexuals have avatars of Fictional gay characters.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tomlinson is hitting .215/.282 obp/.544 ops in september and panik only managed 7 AB before being shut down for the rest of the year.

but, but, but, but.. the giants didn't need someone like utley!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on a bad homosexual assumption? I'd think
tomlinson is hitting .215/.282 obp/.544 ops in september and panik only managed 7 AB before being shut down for the rest of the year.

but, but, but, but.. the giants didn't need someone like utley!

UTLEY IS HITTING .212/.304/.698 SINCE JOINING THE DODGERS. ALL WHILE GETTING PAID A HUGE CHUNK OF CHANGE. TOMLINSON IS POSTING UP SIMILAR NUMBERS MAKING MILLIONS (YES, PLURAL) LESS THAN UTLEY...AND HE'S OUR LONG TERM UTILITY PLAYER UNDER ORGANIZATIONAL CONTROL FOR I BELIEVE 4+ MORE YEARS.

I FIGURED I'D TYPE IN CAPS TO OFFSET YOUR UNWILLINGNESS TO UTILIZE THEM.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You needed a picture to figure that out? He lists his location as Los Angeles yet he is a fan of 2 San Francisco teams. Doesn't that make him gay by definition? Not that there's anything wrong with it. Everyone knows the staunch heterosexuals have avatars of Fictional gay characters.

So because I was born and raised in one city only to settle down in another, yet still root for my hometown teams, it makes me gay? Wow, you Philly guys have to re-calibrate your gay-dar.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because I was born and raised in one city only to settle down in another, yet still root for my hometown teams, it makes me gay? Wow, you Philly guys have to re-calibrate your gay-dar.
Ok, that sounds logical. Maybe it is your avatar

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I apologize for the delay. I don't come back to this board unless summoned because typically philly sports isn't something I care to talk too in-depth about. However, coming at me with gay jokes is 1990's style wack shit is the stuff that makes me wish I hadn't checked the alert in the first place.

Ok, that sounds logical. Maybe it is your avatar

That, unfortunately, was a bet lost. I have until week 4 of the regular season, then I can get rid of it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for the delay. I don't come back to this board unless summoned because typically philly sports isn't something I care to talk too in-depth about. However, coming at me with gay jokes is 1990's style wack shit is the stuff that makes me wish I hadn't checked the alert in the first place.

That, unfortunately, was a bet lost. I have until week 4 of the regular season, then I can get rid of it.

Did you purposely lose the bet?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to excuse Omar--he grew up in Baltimore