• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated Husker Bowl Chances As A 5 Win Team

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. They have to fill the New Years 6 first, then they'll go down the scrub bowl pecking order.
There's a decent chance the players already know, based on last night pretty much going as foreseen. Obviously it's not officially unveiled, but I wouldn't be shocked if the administration and team already know where we're going.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a decent chance the players already know, based on last night pretty much going as foreseen. Obviously it's not officially unveiled, but I wouldn't be shocked if the administration and team already know where we're going.

Well those bowls don't know who will be available ahead of Nebraska yet. Also the Big 10 has a rule that one team cannot jump another team in the pecking order unless they are within one game.

I'm sure they have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 bowls.

Nebraska can only be chosen over Indiana, and Minnesota. They likely will because they travel so well. I'm sure Foster Farms wants them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Years 6 coming out on ESPN now.

If Iowa and Ohio St both make it, then Nebraska is highly likely to Foster Farms in California.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well those bowls don't know who will be available ahead of Nebraska yet. Also the Big 10 has a rule that one team cannot jump another team in the pecking order unless they are within one game.

I'm sure they have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 bowls.

Nebraska can only be chosen over Indiana, and Minnesota. They likely will because they travel so well. I'm sure Foster Farms wants them.
Foster Farms exec said last night at the PAC championship that the only "realistic options" for them were NU, Minny, and Indiana. Said they would take Nebraska in that scenario. I just think the bowls have all been selected and negotiated at this point, the announcement show is just that...for show.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster Farms exec said last night at the PAC championship that the only "realistic options" for them were NU, Minny, and Indiana. Said they would take Nebraska in that scenario. I just think the bowls have all been selected and negotiated at this point, the announcement show is just that...for show.

It literally depends on the New Years 6. It's not like they were established prior to late last night at the earliest.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Even though UCLA doesn't appeal to a lot of Nebraska fans as our opponent, I guess beggars can't be choosey. The bright side is it's a Saturday night game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take it for the added practice and experience for the youngsters, but I don't like it.

I think NU had a better chance of winning a Quick Lane Bowl against mid-range ACC (Duke/Va Tech) or Armed Forces Bowl against Air Force.

A PAC team will likely rip their asses passing.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it, but I don't like it.

I think NU had a better chance of winning a Quick Lane Bowl against mid-range ACC (Duke/Va Tech) or Armed Forces Bowl against Air Force.

A PAC team will likely rip their asses passing.
We'd definitely have a better shot of winning vs AF, but from an exposure standpoint being in Cali and playing at night on a weekend will help a lot, providing we don't get our doors blown off.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd definitely have a better shot of winning vs AF, but from an exposure standpoint being in Cali and playing at night on a weekend will help a lot, providing we don't get our doors blown off.

Yeah. I was hoping they get matched up against a predominately running team. Husker D has been stout between the tackles.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I was hoping they get matched up against a predominately running team. Husker D has been stout between the tackles.
For as much crap as we gave the pass D all year though, they certainly have improved. Now whether that is an indictment on the competition or actual improvement is up for debate.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think we all know the key for beating UCLA.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If the same gameplan is followed against UCLA that was utilized against Mich. St., which was 33 passes, or against UCLA maybe between 20 to 25 passes tops, then Nebraska has a decent shot at winning. For recruiting purposes, this may be an almost must win.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Iowa to the Rose vs Stanford and OSU to the Fiesta vs ND. I like those matchups. Also means with 3 B1G teams going, Nebraska will be best available for Foster Farms.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Iowa to the Rose vs Stanford and OSU to the Fiesta vs ND. I like those matchups. Also means with 3 B1G teams going, Nebraska will be best available for Foster Farms.

Judging by your Tweets it's likely.

They would have only learned that in the last couple of hours tho.

Foster Farms is licking their chops for Nebraska if available.